Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

For the 25 Favourite Unreleased Album that probably won't happen, :toofunny: do you think she'll re-record or re-produce or re-master the tracks etc? Or even re-write??? 

Hopefully she does both, but still keeps to the same sound

Something we finally can agree on! :teehee: I really like Change! Can't believe she wrote it in a few hours before deadline! :flutter:

I know i love it too. It's the Video Games, Old Money of this era! :flutter: The lyrics are so hopeful and warming

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

*gasps* not some of you bringing down godliness (IMF) to justify lazy trash (WM). In My Feelings is a bop and the pre-chorus is instantly catchy, hence why we all lost our shit over the first snippet. And knowing IMF is dragging G -Sleazy makes it all the better. At least the production on IMF seems cohesive throughout and the verses flow well into the chorus and middle 8. WM could and will never. :smokes:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

*gasps* not some of you bringing down godliness (IMF) to justify lazy trash (WM). In My Feelings is a bop and the pre-chorus is instantly catchy, hence why we all lost our shit over the first snippet. And knowing IMF is dragging G -Sleazy makes it all the better. At least the production on IMF seems cohesive throughout and the verses flow well into the chorus and middle 8. WM could and will never. :smokes:

why would you put IMF against WM? Both are good songs, but that's all they've got in common.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don't think White Mustang is a filler, it's a nice song I just wish for a more "fitting" instrumentation, personally. Groupie Love I can't decide if it would've been better without A$AP or not but I like his verse and Lana's little bakground vocals, this one cheers me up. 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

You know you're definitely fighting over nothing when Constantine of all people says you can't enjoy anything.

what the fuck is that supposed to mean? I have expressed my love for Lana's new music multiple times. Poor the nitpicking gays. They will die alone as they deserve.

I just cannot understand that if the White Mustang video was shot such a long time ago, why hasn't she released it yet? I mean, what the fuck is she waiting for now that it has been weeks since her record dropped

didn't she said in the last live stream she's putting the las touches on the video? i think it isn't ready yet

Heroin is the 'cruel world' of LFL

for me it is the darkest song of her

and BTW what about the new merch she talked about? she better drop them soon bc i have money now

:smile3:

what the fuck is that supposed to mean? I have expressed my love for Lana's new music multiple times. Poor the nitpicking gays. They will die alone as they deserve.

:wtf:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

tenor.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I don't get why everyone's coming for White Mustang when In My Feelings is so much cringier. The hook is so bad. "You got me in my feeeeeeelings." What an anticlimactic melody. The "who's doper than this bitch part" could have saved it if she didn't then regress back to "I'm feeeeling all my fucking feeeeeeeeeelings." And she might not have even said the iconic "crying while I'm coming" lyric. It's a drag of a song.

White Mustang is underdeveloped. If the production were more varied and she actually put effort into singing the chorus, it would have been a very cute short song. The whole theme is very Lana-esque, and both the whistling and the "you're gonna ????" melodies at the end are great. I don't get why she makes songs with good verses and then ruins them with lazy production and choruses *side eyes Guns and Roses*. Anyway looking forward to that video, hope its longer than 2:45.

I'm still feeling LFL. I'm happy she made such a diverse album even if it pissed the gays off. TNC remains one of the best off this record. I don't get how some folks drag Lana for being too repetitive and then essentially say "make BTD/UV 2.0." Those records (ESPECIALLY UV) were made at a certain point in her life and she can't just get that back. Im glad she's experimenting with folky sounds and collabs and semi political lyrics. Just get higher quality trap beats, Lana. BTD had great beats, idk why they've cheapened so much. Also COMMIT to your political lyrics. GBAAATBWII makes little sense. WTWWAWWJKD is confusing. BPBP is confused. Change is cute. Get Free comes from a personal place, which made it the most genuine out of all of them. I would kill for that original overly personal version.

This. The fucking truth; Already found my tattoo this needs to be immortalized

> makes lighthearted joke comment about Constantine taking everything negatively and too seriously on an online forum

>

Poor the nitpicking gays. They will die alone as they deserve.

I wonder if this would be an example of 'internalized homophobia' since Constantine himself is gay (or just superiority complex). I feel sorry for him either way.