Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Lust for life is the best Lana’s album for me omg I love it, I’m listening to it right now and every song feels perfect except white mustang for me. Yes, I prefer Coachella over it, I just need to share my opinion :)

that moment when your co-op term starts on the 15th of Jan which is when you were supposed to go see queen so you start to beg your employer.....

If she comes here on finals week, I'm gonna snap :crazy: (and fail the exam since I'd go to see Legend del Rey lmao)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

that's definitely true, i'll just hold onto hope and not let any pessimistic thoughts come across Yosemite; he's too pure for that :flutter: , also, reading through old interviews she says that TNC was in her top 3.. meaning Yosemite, Heroin, and TNC were her personal top 3 which is..honestly meant to be :crai:

also, I hope we get more demo leaks so we can recreate the album n all, like how people compiled BtD demo's and renamed it like a 'what-if', i hope we get a final version of RBFY, BAR (or not because the demo is perf), Yosemite etc. So we can compile the songs in a smaller album like so-

Roses Bloom For You Intro (Or the 'Smile' snippet because it's gorgeous, fuck it we can have 2 interludes in this bitch)

Best American Record

Lust for Life Blade Runner version

Wild Ones

Something Real

Smile (Interlude)

God Bless America (hope there's a demo made by Parker or Nowels before she got help from Metro Boomin- just to see what it might've been like)

Beautiful People (Honeymoon version, prob solo)

Tomorrow Never Came- Solo with the Guitar/Organ instrumentals before Lennon reproduced it

Heroin

Yosemite

Love (demo version of course) 

and it could be titled Best American Record :flutter:

a bi can dream 

gmagik.gif

we all can dream

im sad

~~

i think she already recorded at least one song for the next album

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Lust for life is the best Lana’s album for me omg I love it, I’m listening to it right now and every song feels perfect except white mustang for me. Yes, I prefer Coachella over it, I just need to share my opinion :)

tbh lust for life is perfect I don't know I'm listening to it since it was released all the time and love it

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

How popular was Lana back in 2012. Like was she hella high on the spotify top artist ranking? Cause I just saw that dual lips is in the top 10 right now....global

Lana was rising back in 2012 as Dua Lipa is rising now in 2017. Today I see a lot of girls of my uni posting Dua Lipa videos in Facebook just as they posted Lana videos in 2012. Maybe the cycle repeats and Dua Lipa's second and best album will also sell a lot in its first week.

This thread is cancerous. Will all of you just let it die

You can just ignore it if you hate it. Like I ignore the Charli XCX thread and it works pretty fine for me.

How popular was Lana back in 2012. Like was she hella high on the spotify top artist ranking? Cause I just saw that dual lips is in the top 10 right now....global

spotify just launched in the us less than a year before btd got released so it hasn't really taken off yet. btd is in the top 10 of the most streamed female albums though and it's the third oldest after 21 and teenage dream (status: feb 2017). she also used to be the 4th most streamed female singer in 2015.

Most Streamed Female Albums on Spotify: 
1). My Everything - 2,086,179,957 streams 
2). ANTI - 1,748,500,978 streams
3). This Is Acting - 1,587,747,224 streams
4). Delirium - 1,468,576,098 streams
5). Dangerous Woman - 1,418,281,659 streams
6). Revival - 1,415,624,880 streams
7). 25 - 1,389,991,412 streams 
8). Born To Die: The Paradise Edition - 1,339,734,235 streams
9). 1000 Forms of Fear - 1,266,729,777 streams 
10). PRISM - 1,214,694,517 streams
11). Title - 1,211,206,737 streams 
12). BEYONCÉ - 1,205,474,391 streams
13). 21 - 1,174,202,877 streams 
14). I Cry When I Laugh - 1,152,748,230 streams 
15). Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection - 1,049,142,501 streams

(as of 11/02/2017)

i googled this and found it on atrl so drag them if its wrong not me

lmao those days are long gone tho

i76mrxw.png 

Lana was rising back in 2012 as Dua Lipa is rising now in 2017. Today I see a lot of girls of my uni posting Dua Lipa videos in Facebook just as they posted Lana videos in 2012. Maybe the cycle repeats and Dua Lipa's second and best album will also sell a lot in its first week.

If she keeps making hits Dua will do great, if she doesn't then  I think she is gonna be forgotten easily 

Im shook cus Dua Lipa reached more views than BTD video and that girl was UNDERRATED

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

If she keeps making hits Dua will do great, if she doesn't then  I think she is gonna be forgotten easily 

The thing about Dua that makes me think she will not have much staying power is the fact that the music she makes is very "trendy" for rn and simple. When BTD came out there was nothing really like it at the time (orchestral sad pop) and the whole mystery and controversy behind who Lana was was gaining her a lot of attention. She was an interesting figure that made kind of peculiar music so it kept people's interest, and she changed up the sounds when Paradise and UV came around.

Dua has a beautiful voice but the production and lyrics of her songs don't really feel unique or particularly eye catching, they're catchy and fun sure but I don't see her as a very versatile artist like Lana is, so I think she will have a big hit with New Rules and keep making similar music for her fanbase. Cant see her rising to Lana's level until she proves herself artistically unique 

The thing about Dua that makes me think she will not have much staying power is the fact that the music she makes is very "trendy" for rn and simple. When BTD came out there was nothing really like it at the time (orchestral sad pop) and the whole mystery and controversy behind who Lana was was gaining her a lot of attention. She was an interesting figure that made kind of peculiar music so it kept people's interest, and she changed up the sounds when Paradise and UV came around.

exactly my thoughts...lana's music back in 2011 was kinda "innovative" ( not really but you know what I mean ) 

she looked and sounded like nothing I've personally heard 

after her many artists tried to mimic her style tbh 

We could have this discussion in her thread but all of her stans that made an account here just for her (or is that only a thing in the Charli thread?) would @us so... yeah

Anyway, how does the instrumental leaks work? Do they leak altogether as the whole album or as separate tracks? Because I've been wondering that if we already have LFL, shouldn't we already have the other ones?

We could have this discussion in her thread but all of her stans that made an account here just for her (or is that only a thing in the Charli thread?) would @us so... yeah

Anyway, how does the instrumental leaks work? Do they leak altogether as the whole album or as separate tracks? Because I've been wondering that if we already have LFL, shouldn't we already have the other ones?

If leakers want

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

exactly my thoughts...lana's music back in 2011 was kinda "innovative" ( not really but you know what I mean ) 

she looked and sounded like nothing I've personally heard 

after her many artists tried to mimic her style tbh 

Thats the difference, a copiable style (Lana) vs a style that's being copied (Dua imo, any of her instrumentals could be an Ellie Goulding song, a Major Lazor song, even a JB song)