Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I’m honestly wondering why she keeps posting roses bloom for you. This makes me feel like it’s true that she will release an ep or she will release the song stand alone but all I know is that roses sounds ethereal and I need it for my trip to the temple

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Lemme tell you my loves, Summer Bummer is The BOP

it truly is the ultimate banger :agree:

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Can we stop asking for a collab with that Marina girl please, because

A: Lana isn't a collab artist

and

B: Marina is just boring.

dayglo reflection

ridin

prisoner

stargirl

lust for life

summer bummer

groupie love

tomorrow never came

beautiful people beautiful problems

roses

potentially Cactus 

other songs with ASAP

god save our young blood

summer wine

the tracks with miles kane

:whatever:

and Marina is tru

13 REASONS WHY I don't like Lust For Life (song)

Prepare for some wreckage. If this is your favourite song on the album, I'm happy for you, but I just can't ignore these thoughts ive had since the songs release

tumblr_p1t416st9X1vkmteko1_1280.jpg

1. It doesn't show us Abel's potential in his voice. I think his voice is soul-touching when he is pleading. He doesn't suit dreamy or hopeful when he sings air-headed like this, I'm so sorry.
  2. Same for Lana's voice.
  3. The Instrumental is my FAVOURITE THING EVER, but you just CANT HEAR IT while they are singing this way, like at all. Its kind of a waste of a flawless instrumental
  4. Lana's half-spoken vocals in the verses are s-e-x-y-y-y-y-y-y but with the pre-chorus and chorus it is anticlimactic and I feel like I was cock teased.
  5. There was no motorbike in the music video which could have made it even better. I would get wet as soon as I saw Abel and Lana on a bike together in those outfits but no.
  6. If lana was talk-singing the verses on the bike, Id get pregnant. But no.
  7. The pre-chorus and bridge 'take off all of your clothes' is the most boring repetitive thing I've heard in any of Lana's songs ever. EVER. 
  8. And to make it worse it's sung in a really boring way. If she and he had sung it while escalating to higher notes, it would be so much more interesting. It would be like an orgasm
  9. Sorry for all the sexual references but sex really is what this song could have been like.
  10.  The Weeknd feature is NOT the problem. Prisoner and Stargirl are songs that I have repeated 10 times in a row without getting bored and I still never skip them on shuffle.
  11.  The problem is all the things they could have done to make this the best song on Lust For Life (as it should have been as it's the album title track...) were not done, and instead it turned into lazy singing over the perfect wasted instrumental.
  12. It's like they were forced to tone it down and seem childishly boring. I get that it's meant to seem innocent, but then the title should be Love for Life. Lust for Life makes me think of being crazy and daring with people who just wanna have fun, but the song didn't deliver that either. 
  13. I cant really think of a 13th, I just wanted to make everyone cringe.

original.gif

13 REASONS WHY I don't like Lust For Life (song)

Prepare for some wreckage. If this is your favourite song on the album, I'm happy for you, but I just can't ignore these thoughts ive had since the songs release

tumblr_p1t416st9X1vkmteko1_1280.jpg

1. It doesn't show us Abel's potential in his voice. I think his voice is soul-touching when he is pleading. He doesn't suit dreamy or hopeful when he sings air-headed like this, I'm so sorry.
  2. Same for Lana's voice.
  3. The Instrumental is my FAVOURITE THING EVER, but you just CANT HEAR IT while they are singing this way, like at all. Its kind of a waste of a flawless instrumental
  4. Lana's half-spoken vocals in the verses are s-e-x-y-y-y-y-y-y but with the pre-chorus and chorus it is anticlimactic and I feel like I was cock teased.
  5. There was no motorbike in the music video which could have made it even better. I would get wet as soon as I saw Abel and Lana on a bike together in those outfits but no.
  6. If lana was talk-singing the verses on the bike, Id get pregnant. But no.
  7. The pre-chorus and bridge 'take off all of your clothes' is the most boring repetitive thing I've heard in any of Lana's songs ever. EVER. 
  8. And to make it worse it's sung in a really boring way. If she and he had sung it while escalating to higher notes, it would be so much more interesting. It would be like an orgasm
  9. Sorry for all the sexual references but sex really is what this song could have been like.
  10.  The Weeknd feature is NOT the problem. Prisoner and Stargirl are songs that I have repeated 10 times in a row without getting bored and I still never skip them on shuffle.
  11.  The problem is all the things they could have done to make this the best song on Lust For Life (as it should have been as it's the album title track...) were not done, and instead it turned into lazy singing over the perfect wasted instrumental.
  12. It's like they were forced to tone it down and seem childishly boring. I get that it's meant to seem innocent, but then the title should be Love for Life. Lust for Life makes me think of being crazy and daring with people who just wanna have fun, but the song didn't deliver that either. 
  13. I cant really think of a 13th, I just wanted to make everyone cringe.

original.gif

oh this issa trend waiting to get it's own game thread to drag songs 

make it

This is the only song I want to drag tho  :defeated:

Not even coachella sparked this many mixed feelings of love and hate

Do it for every album

and In My Feelings & BPBP deserve it. 

taylucifer3.gif

Do it for every album

and In My Feelings & BPBP deserve it. 

taylucifer3.gif

Delete your account :sass:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Delete your account :sass:

If i'll mine if you do yours sweaty :sass: 

(i want to like it but there's so much wasted potential, like LfL) :creep:

The LFL era has felt entirely wayyyyy too long; I'm getting bored of it...

the dumb leakers had to make it start in February with Love...

so much potential

and the vintage 60s vibes from Woodstock and Daisy's from the cover & Lana wears addidas and tshirts at shows... ugh I'm falling asleep. Honestly disappointed; I hope the tour serves some looks and actual excitement in her performance 

The LFL era has felt entirely wayyyyy too long; I'm getting bored of it...

the dumb leakers had to make it start in February with Love...

so much potential

and the vintage 60s vibes from Woodstock and Daisy's from the cover & Lana wears addidas and tshirts at shows... ugh I'm falling asleep. Honestly disappointed; I hope the tour serves some looks and actual excitement in her performance 

I hope she serves looks similar to the album cover aesthetic/2016 festival tour. I feel like other than Love, that 60's Woodstock vintage hippie look got snubbed for this era lol 

I hope she serves looks similar to the album cover aesthetic/2016 festival tour. I feel like other than Love, that 60's Woodstock vintage hippie look got snubbed for this era lol 

What do you mean you hope she does x, you're literally her? the fuck

do u have dementia lana?? u didn't have to snub your own era

wendy3.gif