Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

you guys still think there's gonna be a WM video? :awkney:

100%. I don't think she would say it's coming and then leaving it. It's probably post-production. All the videos this era so far were really well produced and the "post-production" probably was what took most of their time. Tbh it's not like the video will save the album chart or make the song go into a top10 itunes so...I'm just happy we're getting a third video lmao and it's probably the last one so...

Also I never thought I would say this but I prefer the... "Folksy-acoustic" side of the record over the "Trap-Upbeat"... but I'm glad we have both because if it was only one, I would probably get bored. 

It's nice u can hear Tomorrow Never Came and then strip down to In my Feelings n

Groupie Love is my least favorite song on the record even tho it was way better than summer bummer for me at the release... wow

Cruel World > Heroin but not by far

btw LFL > UV > HM > PD > BTD

I'm not talking in terms of iconic songs that the albums contain, but in terms of cohesiveness, general quality and atmosphere. As an example, BTD contains 4 songs that are in my top 10 of all Lana songs, but it also has a lot of fillers, unnecessary songs. Her voice is too edited and basically all the songs are overproduced. This album in itself is a mess, even though there are 4 absolute masterpieces on it: Born To Die, National Anthem, Off To The Races and Video Games.

nnn not na out of all the songs on btd. the album ranking doesn't really go well with your explanation of ranking it based on cohesiveness, general quality and atmosphere in my opinion. Based on atmosphere hm and uv probably take the cake but based on quality and songwriting they're rotting.

perxepm.gif

i76mrxw.png 

Cruel World > Heroin but not by far

btw LFL > UV > HM > PD > BTD

Also 

Cruel World > Heroin 

I loved Cruel World from the first time I heard it. Heroin had to grow on me and I couldn't even remember how it went for days

WhimsicalImportantGrizzlybear.gif

In all seriousness, one of the many reasons that I love Heroin is because the build up to the outro is amazing :cumming:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I will never understand why y'all hate Diet Mountain Bop. Even though it's one of the weaker songs, it's still better than most of Lust For Life.  :hooker:

I HAVE MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT THIS POST BECAUSE YEAH IT'S TOO MUCH HATE ON THAT GODDESS BUT THEN "BETTER THAN MOST OF LFL" I'M CONFUSED

I don't know how to feel, i really have mixed feelings about lana's attitude. I think she should be able to disappear and do what she wants but without being a hater (and I like pop music as a genre, since I really like everything) most hits rn are SO basic.not trying to be pretentious. Even the music videos today aren't that impressive tbh and lana downplays her songs too much, honestly if she wanted she could turn some of her songs on lust for life into some radio hits. Maybe there aren't any accessible epic sounds like Ride, West Coast or BTD but her views on her vevo are getting ridiculously low these last years and it's mostly due to negligence imo. Like Hotline Bling didn't have anything special, except perhaps Drake's ridiculous dance moves that turned him into a meme; I'm not saying she should do something like that or break down into a britney spears style choreography, i want her to be more unapologetically herself -but like, expressing it in a mv or something-.

Maybe being 100% herself is to disappear to her apt in the middle of the H, and as long we have the music i'm ok but seriously rn there's nothing of interest for me in the music industry,. Apart perhaps from kendrick lamar's new album and Taylor Swift buying snake jewelry. (Lana please come up with something cool  :defeated: )

she should've stuck to doing an album she wanted!

we all know she secretly didn't wanna do this kind of record.

but i don't get where this hate is coming from.

ya'll wanted this bop album.......ya'll loved it

now i see all this hate.

i'm so confused.

~INSTA1.gif

now i see all this hate.

i'm so confused.

What makes you think she didn't want to do a record like this?

now i see all this hate.

i'm so confused.

The only kinda forced bop on the record is In My Feelings and it's great, the other bops are there naturally because of her talent (Cherry, SB, GL, WM)  :flutter:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif