Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I don't think Lana owes her last label anything? I'm sure that her contract either expired or they were bough to out (keep in mind they owned the rights to the first album for years....and only rolled out a digital release for a short time)

She also now owns the rights to all of the AKA songs, so I don't imagine she owes them much, if anything

There was a small run of a physical CD?

Only to sell at gigs and to give as promo to people. The hard CD was not released. We put a lot of money into getting her live act together, marketing people, promotions. I'd say we easily spent ... take the $50,000 on the budget, take the advance we gave her, and then you can double that all up again. Anybody that says there wasn't a certain amount of investment here is not telling the truth.

Did you recoup all the cost?

We have a deal with her going forward. We don’t have ownership or control, but we have participation in that old record. And we have participation in her new records. That’s how you do these things.

What's the stake in the new records?

We have a participation going forward in her first couple of records going forward as a result of her getting out of her deal. And we still have serious revenue participation if she does anything with her old one. I hope she puts it out. I think it’s a great record. To clarify a few things about Lana. Or Lizzy, whatever you want to call her for this story. One, she’s a great artist. I feel really bad she’s getting a bum rap for that. I thought of her as a “once in a decade” artist.

Couldn't find it at first, http://www.mtv.com/news/2695337/lana-del-rey-first-album-5-points-records-interview/ she still had ties going on after she got out of the deal and she still has today if she wanted to release the AKA songs

And deleted if I remember correctly

So I think no one's has it

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

perfect album?

1) 13 Beaches

2) Cherry

3) White Mustang

4) Summer Bummer (youtube version you kno)

5) Groupie Love

6) In My Feelings

7) Get Free

8) Change

9) Yosemite

10) Tomorrow Never Came

11) Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

12) Lust For Life

singles?

1) Cherry (mv)

2) Lust For Life (song one week before the album release, video one week after the album release)

3) Yosemite + Summer Bummer (songs)

5) nothing - lana is asleep doing festivals and shit

6) Groupie Love / Summer Bummer (mv - yes short movie bitches)

done

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

AKA, UV, HM.

hmm idk. i think she is pretty pleased with this album or she would've scraped it. I don't think she is the type to sit back and let other people take charge of her work or make decisions  for her.

end this mess. r9VwZN6.gif when is lana doing another soundtrack song. i cant wait much longer

I don't want another soundtrack, after Adeline I wish Lana don't will another soundtrack

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

1) 13 Beaches

2) Cherry

3) White Mustang

4) Best American Record

6) Summer Bummer

7) When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

8) Tomorrow Never Came

9) Heroin

10) Get Free

11) Yosemite

This would've been the perfect album :oprah: :wowcry: :oprah3:

not having get free as the closer? 

removing change from the holy trinity of her career? 

not having the spanish guitar love anthem over the trap beat manifesto of a drawn out note from cola without the pzazz and hype factor? (dont get me wrong i like WaW but the only thing good is the pre-chorus let's be 100% honest)

removing love from being the opener? 

keeping white mustang (presumably the way it is bc it deserved better) ?

*ahem, clears throat* 

I̘͍̯͓̳ͧ͌ ̟ͬͮ͑̈ͣͣT̴̳͎͒̐ͮ̒͐ͫ̿̾H̶͓͉̓͌̓͞͝Ị̫̄N̴̛̦͈͇͂͊ͭͣ͡K̨̘̖̞̮̺̞͇̈ͤ̽ͯ̓ͮ̇̍͘͟ ̬̫̭̜̪͎͔̼̽͋͡T̜͉̦̟̈́̈́̾ͩ̓̈̍̽H̶͙͚̦͓̻̲͈͊ͭ͢E̛̪͙͇̜ͭ̀̍̔͛ͥ̒̋ͅ ̩͎̻̔̏F͂̊̋̾͛҉̺̟̘̦̬͔̻̼U̟͖̬̲̬ͨ̊͋̽̆ͣ͝C̩̳͎͖̮̯͓̿͝K̙̫͍̥̔ ̢͙̠̭̣̳̙̝ͣ̄ͦ̓ͬͪN̝͕̭̼͍̱̖̓̉̄̐ͭ̕ͅO̴̱̝̖͛͒̏͊̈́̍Ț̝͙̬ͣ̏ͬͨ̆͠ͅ ̮̪̳̏̀̍̔̀ͮ̚ͅY̢̡̹͎̔́ͦ͐ͣ̒͠Ơ͓̺̪̯͓̈́ͥU̙̳̩͔̗̘͗̽̑́͟ ̵̼͖̞̣̯͐Ṱ̨͓̼̳̗̪̆̄ͮ͊̆̓͞Ṟ̙̳͙̌͜I̪̩̗̳̗͔͆͐̉́ͫ͠C̷̩͔͊ͪ͗́K͎͓͕̗̥̜͈̎ͧ͗̃̄͌ͨ̒ ̗̫͕̾̓̉̋͘͡͝A͙̳̹ͮ͡S̘̞̺̞̭͉͕̗̎S̨̨̼̫̩̱̀͊ ̥͖̦̙̲͕̪̝ͯ́̄͘̕Ḃ̵͇̦̰̲̱͚̤̌̍̂̈Į͙̘͍͓ͣ̆̅̔̔͢T͖̬̹̼͂̂̚C̷͇̲͓̠̟̃̋Ḩ̹̙͈̿̃͐̇̔ͭ͗ͫ́

im just imagining Heroin with UV instrumentals, like a heavy distorted guitar riff during the bridge with like the glass sound effect from best american record

shades of cool or even like a flipside type thing oh my god just imagining that song in such a way im gonna fucking melt

:wowcry:  :trisha:  :krylie:  :crying2:  :air2:  :omg:  :kum:

im just imagining Heroin with UV instrumentals, like a heavy distorted guitar riff during the bridge with like the glass sound effect from best american record

shades of cool or even like a flipside type thing oh my god just imagining that song in such a way im gonna fucking melt

no thanks

image.png

Staph it, you're making me melt too!  :lange:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

:wowcry: :trisha: :krylie: :crying2: :air2: :omg: :kum:

no.