Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Now that i think of it, there aren't many sad songs on LFL at all! For a Lana Del Rey album that's so strange. I think the only real sad song lyrically is 13 Beaches. A lot of the others i get teary with but for many different reasons. For example, Love only makes me cry because it sounds very bittersweet and hopeful, but it's not actually sad. LFL clearly isn't sad, Cherry has a sad meaning and story but it's more sexy and edgy. White Mustang is just boring and lifeless. I guess you could say BPBP and TNC are slightly emotional, but they don't scream sadness... they're quite uplifiting. Heroin is, like i said earlier...more dark than sad. Change is creepy sounding and hopeful... and Get Free is hopeful.

I'd say the only tears i've shed from this album haven't been caused by songs related to pain or loss (unlike most Lana albums) but with hope and joy and moving forward.

Yes this was discussed when the album came out, Tomorrow Never Came is the only song with sad feels in it but even then it's not really sad when you compare it to songs like The Blackest Day, Terrence Loves You, God Knows I Tried, Black Beauty, Best American Record or Million Dollar Man even.

It's a real shame she doesn't make them like she used to I want to cry to her music

okay DONT ATTACK, but like listening to Coachella can be cringy but the first verse to the chorus is actually pretty sweet. Like the melody is cute and im feeling it a the moment. I don't think it deserves the amount of hate that it gets but I do agree that it definitely sounds rushed and isn't her best by FAR

reported. thank you.

tbh when i try to sing along to some of these songs i want to tear up a bit, not really from sadness but from being emotional 

especially 13 beaches (and those strings literally pull my heart and when the drums come after, well that's magical) and heroin (the"oh my god" and "oh oh oh oh" really really get me, they remind me of some folcloric moroccan music one of my friends listens to) 

So we're just going to ignore the best lyrics in the whole album from get free?

THIS IS MY COMMITMENT, MY MODERN MANIFESTO, I'M DOING IT FOR ALL OF US WHO NEVER GOT THE CHANCE, FOR / AND FOR /

blow me away

I'M NOT IGNORING IT 

She sounds like a superhero 

Or Karl Marx 

So we're just going to ignore the best lyrics in the whole album from get free?

THIS IS MY COMMITMENT, MY MODERN MANIFESTO, I'M DOING IT FOR ALL OF US WHO NEVER GOT THE CHANCE, FOR / AND FOR /

blow me away

Get Free is amazing and probably her best closer

We all know Heroin is her best song hands down (yes, I said it, fight me), but let's praise the masterpiece that is Get Free

There's no more chasing rainbows
And hoping for an end to them
Their arches are illusions
Solid at first glance
But then you try to touch them
There's nothing to hold on to

She says through the whole song about letting go of things and giving herself a change to move out of the black. What a self acknowledged queen :oprah: :defeated:

Fayyt7N.png

Get Free is the kind of song you'd hear at the end of an apocalypse movie or something like Apollo 13 as the main character is being thrust into a fireball after saving the entire world/galaxy/universe and accepting their fate 

It's the kind of song that takes the dead out of the sea and the darkness from the arts. It combines humanity into a collective hivemind of interlinked thoughts and emotions where we all resonate on the same frequency and can feel the flowers growing beneath our feet and within our soul. The song reverberates like bursts of light in supernova nucleosynthesis at the dawn on the universe and crashes down upon the minds of the bruised and beaten by life and heals like the fountain of youth. 

If Lana closes her concert with this song, after she walks off, the entire arena will begin to levitate slightly in their seats as the arena lifts off of earth and flies to the moon, where Lana is there waiting in the foreground of a sky full of stars and rainbows 

Get Free is the kind of song you'd hear at the end of an apocalypse movie or something like Apollo 13 as the main character is being thrust into a fireball after saving the entire world/galaxy/universe and accepting their fate 

It's the kind of song that takes the dead out of the sea and the darkness from the arts. It combines humanity into a collective hivemind of interlinked thoughts and emotions where we all resonate on the same frequency and can feel the flowers growing beneath our feet and within our soul. The song reverberates like bursts of light in supernova nucleosynthesis at the dawn on the universe and crashes down upon the minds of the bruised and beaten by life and heals like the fountain of youth. 

If Lana closes her concert with this song, after she walks off, the entire arena will begin to levitate slightly in their seats as the arena lifts off of earth and flies to the moon, where Lana is there waiting in the foreground of a sky full of stars and rainbows 

tenor.gif

It does sound liberating. I love how the chorus closes this "live fast, die young" mentality Lana had. Finally accepting that some things can't happen and willing to change her mindset :oprah: I need this to be the closer

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

morte de rire 

this should be the end of a halloween simpsons episode