Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

aw oh my god !! congrats on the new sibling; this is honestly hella sweet :,) so happy 4 you

man some of my favorite users been havin good things happen to them im so giddy for y'all

13B ? really.. :crossed: i don't hate the song but it seems like the most clear cut video, nothing really happens u know..  :pft:

and i love the idea of Get Free for a MV, it deserves one- i just hope it wont ruin or tarnish the song

also where the fuck is GBA or WAW or Cherry for single opportunities; lana come ON 

i can envision a Cherry MV perfectly. im prob gonna make another storyboard w gifs soon because i love my little fantasy for the mv

yaass gaga slay us all

???, ?????????

also where the fuck is GBA or WAW or Cherry for single opportunities; lana come ON

i can envision a Cherry MV perfectly. im prob gonna make another storyboard w gifs soon because i love my little fantasy for the mv

Although this era seems officially dead, it was implied that GBA would be a single according to that Flaunt Magazine interview. Probably got scrapped though :rip:

Honestly, I listen to Get Free the least. It's a good song, but I'm waiting for something tragic to happen to me and then I'll recover so that the song resonates more.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

A BOP. A MSTERPIECE. BRILLANT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjDfD_RtYiA

I've grown to respect this song, especially when tragedies like Vegas happen. Makes me think of those who passed and the future that they could of had, but God didn't protect them. I think about the suffering of their loved ones. And I think about how we could just as easily be in their place. My question to God is why does he/she/it allow this to happen? I'm an atheist, but that'd be my question

Anyway, I was crying in the shower to this song earlier. I find this song therapeutic in that way.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Still not sure where I rate LfL in terms of all her albums. Cherry, WTWWAWWKD, TNC, Heroin and Get Free are career highlights and the only stuff I pay much attention to 2 and a half months on. I really hope she goes back to creating albums with only a couple of producers (UV & HM style) on LDR6 and makes it a far shorter album.

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

She can keep the music videos for 13 Beaches and Get Free if they're directed by Rich Lee again. She needs to actually write a video treatment and then call up Anthony Mandler to do another short film with Cherry, Heroin and Get Free.

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

I read some of the lyrics from the Taiwan CD lyric sheet tonight and does she say Manson's in the air in Heroin? That's what I thought. The lyric sheet says "With incense in the air"...  :toofunny:

Yes it's "Manson's in the air", later in that song she references him again with "writing in blood on my walls and shit".

...btw where is @

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Well whatever happens we all know that White Mustang is the Coachella of all her music video's this era... I just hope she doesn't ruin these songs too

Yes it's "Manson's in the air", later in that song she references him again with "writing in blood on my walls and shit".

...btw where is @

I was just thinking this... :hdu:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The only thing I don’t like about lust for life (song) are the lyrics , don’t get me wrong, they’re fun and cute, but I find them repititive and light, I’d love something more deep than that... but otherwise the song is a BOP <3

See I understand what you're saying, but I guess for me, whenever life gets too deep and everything, I just end up overthinking and spiraling in my head, so it was nice for a change to just have things less layered if that makes sense. 

It's so crazy how we as fans get any Lana news last. It's just..peculiar how that works  :azealia:

UV/Honeymoon

Although this era seems officially dead, it was implied that GBA would be a single according to that Flaunt Magazine interview. Probably got scrapped though :rip:

iirc it was going to but her team said it would've been too controversial, i dont see how.. it's literally just "i love women, they're beautiful. god bless us as people" 

it's soft and catchy enough to be a single, WAW i saw was getting traction as a joke tweet with people dancing to it and Cherry is just bomb :crossed:

I'm sure the "blade runner version" of Lust For Life is nice--but anytime someone mentions it, I just think of Darude Sandstorm  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Now it's gonna get stuck in head  :facepalm:

???, ?????????

I joke about it all the time because I'm a sickeningly intense science fiction fan and one of my favorite authors is Philip K Dick (whose story inspired one of my favorite movies, Blade Runner).

But Lana herself said it was more artistic. I'm imagining more synths, slower rhythms, an icier vocal delivery, and possibly some different lyrics. But if Lana says that it sounded like Blade Runner, that's all I need to know. Harrison Ford, future metropolises, and robots.

well i just listened to some of the blade runner soundtrack on youtube, it gave me a better idea of what it would have sounded like. dang. i hope that bitch leaks someday

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A