Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

lust for life is a continuation of froot thematically.

marina sings about how humans are savages and bombs and then guess who decides to sing about politics?

marina uses fruit and space visuals and guess who decides to sing about peaches and cherries all over her album?

marina gets a little more pop and then guess who decides to add more mainstream genres to her album?

hmmmm i feel like graham lol

I noticed this wih the similarities oc the aesthetics of both albums but never put the two together. This makes alot of sense, I wonder of Lana was inspired at all by marina.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

marina sings about how humans are savages and bombs and then guess who decides to sing about politics?

marina uses fruit and space visuals and guess who decides to sing about peaches and cherries all over her album?

marina gets a little more pop and then guess who decides to add more mainstream genres to her album?

That FROOT looks familiar!!

fuck

Darling, darling, darling

I fall to pieces when I'm with you

I fall to pieces (bitch)

My cherries and wine, rosemary and thyme

And all of my peaches are ruined

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

folk

gmagik.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Marina didn't get a little more pop though, Electra Heart was pop but Froot was more alternative and retro

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

GBA is the most underrated song on the album. Everything about it is flawless! The vocals are so lush and light and sound so amazing. The production is also amazing, there's just so much to it, and it all blends so well! The lyrics are also so nice and poetic. Y'all better stop paying dust to this masterpiece!

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

is it me or does WTWWAWWKD sound exactly like Valley of the Dolls by marina

Stop using drugs

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

It was kind of scary but also really exciting when those snippets of Love and BAR started leaking. I was getting my life searching through hashtags on Instagram trying to find those 5 second potato quality snippets

Good times

when the first LOVE snippet leaked "to be young and in looove" I thought it was the best thing I've ever heard

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

tbh i cant even listen to Love the same way I did when the snippet leaked and when the song first dropped on itunes... listening to that for the first time in whole is one of my top 5 most magical lana experiences ever

same..it's like eating after a long time lmao 

we were so thirsty for new music

Marina was inspired by lana tho

Ultraviolence: “he used to call me dn that stood for deadly nightshade”

Froot: “I’m your deadly nitghshade I’m your cherry tree”

I was mostly joking. It seems they inspire each other.

I was mostly joking. It seems they inspire each other.

i was thinking lately that marina could "inspire" in a way lana in her bubblegum pop she made in 2010 and 2011 but i'm not sure if marina was famous back then

the instrumentals leaking made me love some songs more (Love, Change) and hate others more (GL, Coachella)

How did Groupie Love instrumental make you hate the song even more gurl it's one of the best instrumentals :crossed:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e