bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

All 3 of these songs... kinda suck? If U Think About Me... is the best but it holds no candle to Kim's 2017 singles. She really fell off after Heart to Break (except for the Halloween EP)...

so tell us: how does it feel to be deaf??

I just wanna rob all the banks and burn rubber

All 3 of these songs... kinda suck? If U Think About Me... is the best but it holds no candle to Kim's 2017 singles. She really fell off after Heart to Break (except for the Halloween EP)...

Smh If U Think About Me is iconic; the other 2 are fair though. I hope she avoids Sophie and Soundcloud rappers in the future.

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

so tell us: how does it feel to be deaf??

All 3 of these songs are serving Hannah Montana co-star's first album teas. It's basic in a bad way, unlike the rest of her stuff. They all just seem lifeless and 1,2,3 dayz up is the worst offender with its monotonous and repetitive hook. That song is the worst of Charli on autopilot. Sorry.

te deseo, cariño

Maybe I’m crazy but I swear at some point in time IUTAM was called Heart Of Mine and it was the title track to the album

not title track but the opener to the album. and kim said it was “the birth of woo ah “

i'm no angel, but i can learn.

not title track but the opener to the album. and kim said it was “the birth of woo ah “

imagine her opening her album saying "woo-ah" ugh the power that that has, the intelligence that that has, the clearance that that has, the impact that that has, the access that that has, the influence that that has, the profile that that has, the international implications that that has

giphy.gif

you coming here literally full the sole purpose to start shit is really ugly. there's a fine difference between appropriation and appreciation and clearly you don't understand that

My avi is Kim and I have been active in this thread for over a year? I'm a fan? I've been on the internet since the dawn of the cultural appropriation in pop music conversation so yes I do understand there is a difference between appropriation and appreciation, however I think that Kim is walking a very fine line between the two and she should tread carefully. Whether or not you agree with me, I brought up a simple, valid critique that it seems she does not work with black people while borrowing sounds/styles from black culture. Calling one of my favs on something that they do isn't "starting sh*t" and I don't understand why some of you are so upset at me pointing out that she doesn't work with black creatives..........

So what happend to the 3 song EP thing with If U Think About Me being the title track? Was that even actually a thing?? She retweeted a tweet about it but it’s now deleted.

She's releasing the songs as 3 individual singles at the same time instead, these are the same songs from the tracklist.

My avi is Kim and I have been active in this thread for over a year? I'm a fan? I've been on the internet since the dawn of the cultural appropriation in pop music conversation so yes I do understand there is a difference between appropriation and appreciation, however I think that Kim is walking a very fine line between the two and she should tread carefully. Whether or not you agree with me, I brought up a simple, valid critique that it seems she does not work with black people while borrowing sounds/styles from black culture. Calling one of my favs on something that they do isn't "starting sh*t" and I don't understand why some of you are so upset at me pointing out that she doesn't work with black creatives..........

An ethnic group can't own a music genre, the hell?  :creep:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

She has 11 singles.. and a Halloween EP, not even a full album.. collabed with 3/4 people and worked with how many producers? Has POC in her heart to break music video, did a interview video thing with Lizzo... there’s plenty of time to, and I very much doubt she has any issue with collabing with black creatives. As for sounds she’s using/borrowing from, not entirely sure what you mean... she’s literally white girl dance pop or white girl pop ballad.

i love all three songs so much oh my goodness. she really did the damn thing. 

the countless number of "woo-ah's" in if u think about me <3

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener

Don’t know what that has to do with Kim walking a fine line of cultrual appropriation, borrowing from hip-hop/black culture all while working exclusively white creatives. I mean hell for her first rythmic single she chose a white rapper of all people to be the feature. Also the “let Ariana rap” tweet when the black community was having a conversation on white girls co-opting hip-hop culture and walking fine lines of appropriation, was a really bad look on her part.

did you pull a muscle when you reached that high???

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener

I mean, I get what @KillForLove is trying to say but I feel like their argument doesn't really connect with Kim Petras at all. Kim is strictly pop and she hasn't really stepped over the lines of cultural appropriating as far as I'm concerned. I'd throw some hell when she starts tanning her skin and throws on trap beats on her songs to make herself look and sound more urban, but in the meantime, let the girl make her fun bops so her fans can enjoy them. :hooker:

Remember when Welsh-Greek singer Marina Lambrini Diamandis appropriated Latin culture on “Baby” by singing over a Latin guitar riff? At least she had the decency to feature Luis Fonsi...

I mean what was Kim thinking having a slightly Urban Bridge without a black rapper to cover herself!!!

Remember when Welsh-Greek singer Marina Lambrini Diamandis appropriated Latin culture on “Baby” by singing over a Latin guitar riff? At least she had the decency to feature Luis Fonsi...

I mean what was Kim thinking having a slightly Urban Bridge without a black rapper to cover herself!!!

giphy.gif

As for sounds she’s using/borrowing from, not entirely sure what you mean... she’s literally white girl dance pop or white girl pop ballad.

Not trying to argue you, but I'm talking about how she's brought up in multiple interviews that she's very influenced by hip-hop and songs like Hills, Faded, and even All the Time are much more rhythmic than dance pop/ballad. Again I think you're all overreacting to my opinion that she should tread lightly when using those types of sounds, it was a small critique that I'm not sure why so many people are upset about.