Candy Galore

Honeymoon doesn't deserve to be treated like this

her worst effort is Paradise for sure 

I agree, it's her most underwhelming work. She only made it in a few months though so I can understand why it seems that way.

Maybe that's why some people think Honeymoon is so underwhelming, cause there was only a little over a year between HM and UV so she didn't have as much time to work on it

her worst effort is Paradise for sure 

tenor.gif

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS

i was personally offended when i realized that by watching this video (i'll still try to snatch the vinyl discography this christmas). i'm not an expert so maybe that wasn't technically possible but hbtb/freak/art deco belonged together they were the trap trinity 

It's a great record, probably my second-favourite. It's stripped bsck yet effective and there is something very mature about it (that's missing from shitty songs like LfL).

However, it's also extremely monotonous

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Btd was one of those albums where songs like Lolita and dmtn dew grew on me over time all the rest are great immediately though ands it's also her most accessible album for all audiences soundwise

It's her most cohesive, most lush, most powerful, most cinematic, generally best album. I can't believe some fans don't like it. The stories in that album WERE Lana Del Rey, the persona she held when she first came on the scene, and they're still great stories today. And although there are some weaker moments I wouldn't call any song filler, they all have depth to them. There was no slacking in songwriting (HM and LFL can't relate) no lazy instrumentals (again LFL can't relate) and I still think it serves her best vocals thus far. And it contains some of her best work IMO- OTTR, Video Games, Born To Die

I far prefer it over any other Lana album. It set a standard no other album following has yet to outdo

In Short, LFL is like that party bitch we all know. On the surface she's great but over time you realize there's very little substance to her(Heroin is exempt from this analogy!), whereas Honeymoon is that bookish, quiet little girl you always see but never notice, yet when you actually spend time with her you see you underestimated her greatly.

:oprah: :oprah: :oprah:

Sidenote: Honeymoon will always be my favorite record y'all can choke

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

LMAO I'm not going to lie, I love to call it Honeysnooze, mostly because it's fun to see how everybody gets all offended. :thumb3:

At this point, however, I'm pretty sure that (at least on LanaBoards) Paradise and especially Born To Die get much more hate than Honeymoon.

Well, to each their own. Tastes differ, and thank God they do. I like Honeymoon, I really do, but Born To Die just takes the crown. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

For me, i only seem to listen to Born to Die for certain tracks.. not for the entire album. BTD, OTTR, VG and LO are the only MAIN reasons i come back to the record alot. Everything else in between those songs are just "okay". I enjoy them but they run past my mind a lot

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I agree, it's her most underwhelming work. She only made it in a few months though so I can understand why it seems that way.

Maybe that's why some people think Honeymoon is so underwhelming, cause there was only a little over a year between HM and UV so she didn't have as much time to work on it

The thing is: It was her choice to be like this...It's just lol

She really mentioned that she was glad about being able to release a record every 15 months. And Ultraviolence didn't really take time to record at all. If I remember it all correctly, it was said that most of the work on Ultraviolence was Mixing\Mastering the record, it took over 4 months....While doing it, she started writing the stuff that later would turn into Honeymoon. Also we cannot forget how she recorded some songs from LFL just a few months ago coachella

I have a feeling that Lana doesn't like to repeat herself\re-record stuff just to keep the... "energy of the moment". Like vocal takes... the whole "raw-first-take-means-the-most" seems to be something that she follows. Pretty sure there were some stories even from AKA and how she wouldn't want to re-record any vocal take for the record. I think it's just her way and it's not like she wants to change...

More for this theory is how proud she felt of "Pretty when you cry" and "it was recorded in one take, no one knows how I felt while recording it.........." etc.

Honeymoon is still my favorite. LFL is still slaying me but it is all over the place. UV and HM are more cohesive. I like HM more... I think it's beautiful and perfect. I'm still mad there wasn't an actual Honeymoon tour tho...

it's cool ... LRL wasn't being mean  :erm:

I really love u girl

Anyway, the conclusion is:

1. Honeymoon is mistreated exaggerated and unnecessarily

2. Ultraviolence is still a masterpiece, but it's so fucking overrated (Yeah and @Terrences Loves Me and another user can't deny it)

3. People who don't like BTD I'm praying for u taste

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Honeymoon was the best pure Lana Del Rey album as each album bettered the one before

Lust for Life is not a pure Lana album as it is a hybrid, however, except for the last song, every song on Lust could be a continuation of Honeymoon itself

and is basically two albums in one.

Get Free should not only be the last song on Lust, but should be the intro/first song on the new album being worked on as we speak

So that makes "Get Free" to be "The other woman" and "Don't let me be misunderstood".

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp