expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

ok so there's this italian song that's called "Le Luci Di Roma" (it means Rome's Lights) by Ermal Meta (here's the link if you want to listen, i recommend you to do cuz it's a nice song:

) and i think that the lyrics suits the movie/book sooo much. from elio's point of view.

here's the translation, let me know if you feel the same or it's just me 

Leave me the stars

At least I know who to talk to

Who to turn to tonight because you can't stay

I wanted to give you a paper plane to thrown in the air 

I've written there all of my dreams to watch them go away

I've called you softly but you don't answer me 

Among all the hearts around, tell me which one you hide in 

I will remember you

Among Rome's lights, every hug in the street will take me back to you

Cause deep down you know we were fine together

Tell me why the loudest noise has the same silence that I hear between us

Meanwhile also closes the last bar (the book reference in this line omggg)

I wanted to tell you that I dreamed of having much more time 

to understand the world "next" (next to you)

I've looked for you in every face, in this, you confuse me 

Among all the hearts around, tell me which one you hide in 

I will remember you

Tell me why the loudest noise has the same silence that I hear between us

Meanwhile also closes the last bar

I will remember you

Tell me if there's a good reason to keep running without you

the translation may be ugly but i tried my best. let me know your thoughts plsss

James Ivory speaks again and his statements are fat

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/film/2018-02-19/call-be-by-your-name-sequel-screenwriter-james-ivory/

“No one has contacted me,” Ivory added. “You have to think, ‘What does André Aciman think about that?’ It’s his creation. No one seems to know how he feels about it.”

Didn't Luca also say that Aciman is excited about the sequels?

I think all this is just a publicity stunt and Luca is high & there'll be no sequels

Either way mess

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

there is really no need for a sequel but i'd still watch million times soo it doesn't matter lmaoo

and for the gays who read the book; do you think they should have made the epilogue part?

Yes they should have! I really wish they had. It’s a huge part of the book for me honestly. It really adds to the dimension of their love. I especially love when Oliver talks about waking up from a coma. I love the movie don’t get me wrong but not including the whole book was a disservice. That’s my opinion though!

No to a sequel but YES to releasing an extended unedited version of film.

Yes they should have! I really wish they had. It’s a huge part of the book for me honestly. It really adds to the dimension of their love. I especially love when Oliver talks about waking up from a coma. I love the movie don’t get me wrong but not including the whole book was a disservice. That’s my opinion though!

No to a sequel but YES to releasing an extended unedited version of film.

Elio could literally swim for 15 minutes with the Star of David on with no cuts and I'd still adore it

I'm okay with 2 extra hours of them biking around as well

I miss summer so much can you tell

well any work on any sequel has not begin yet. we got like 13 different ideas from luca from we wait till timmy's 40 to we will continue timmy's story after oliver left. 

and luca apparently doesn't want to release an extended cut i think (?!)

i76mrxw.png 

also have any of you guys seen lady bird?

i've seen it today and i really enjoyed it! it gave me some really interesting flashbacks to my own catholic church and theatre class life when i was in school  :toofunny: (i completely forgot that part of my life existed nn.) 

kyle is such a dick tho but i lowkey found his character interesting at the same time. all characters were pretty interesting i was kinda sad it didn't went on for longer, this totally could have been the basis of a tv show but then tv shows usually drag on forever and lose the original tone and meaning and get messy so kinda glad it was a film. apparently it's 1:34 hrs or smth but it felt much longer especially in comparison to cmbyn which is like half an hour longer and didn't feel that long. 

i76mrxw.png 

I watched Lady Bird one day after I watched Call Me (didnt knew he was at that movie tho) and I thought it was messy :rip: but Saoirse is great

yeah i kinda get what you mean there is a lot going on at the same time + bc of the limited time and many stories we kinda only got to see what was going on with the one main character instead of movies which go around having a more distant narrative following the events rather than the perspective of one character alone.

but it made me connect with lady bird super quick and idk i just really felt that story. the tone was good for its genre though! they could have made it way more dramatic but i'm kinda glad it had its heavy weighing moments without dragging the whole tone of the movie down.

i76mrxw.png 

A Bigger Splash kinda cured my hangover for "Luca guadagnino Italy-based summery movies"

Recommended by this bitch

also THE FUCK
sufjan will perform at the oscars with st. vincent???!!!!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN omggg

With St. Vincent? shook i love her 

Where did you find this

I saw it a couple of hours ago as well and Ladybird was a failed concept imo. I don't get where all these awards and praise are coming from, it's the same coming of age concept we've seen hundred times (and didn't have the spin I thought it'd have) and the only thing that saved it for me were the characters who really brought it to life, especially Saoirse's performance. I really liked the point/lesson of it though & the open ending mirroring that we're constantly looking for our happy ending throughout our lives but also I didn't feel the message in my guts and I'm a pretty cheesy person and it's not hard to impress me lol

I think it was pretty average

As to Timmy - I loved his lowkey delivery of the character it was exactly what Mike (that was his name right) needed