Radiohead Sues Lana for Copyright Infringement on "Get Free"

I'm really worried seeing people saying stuff like "radiohead who" or "nobody knows them"... I mean, wtf guys you fucking know shitty artists like Halsey and Melanie Martinez, how don't you guys know one of the biggest/most famous alternatives bands? 

this reminds of when Beck won a grammy over beyonce and everyone was like 'Beck Who??', like he's some underground musician. 

I'm really worried seeing people saying stuff like "radiohead who" or "nobody knows them"... I mean, wtf guys you fucking know shitty artists like Halsey and Melanie Martinez, how don't you guys know one of the biggest/most famous alternatives bands? 

This. It's so childish  :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

Well, GF's pre-chorus obviously sounds like Creep. However, that's like 1/4 of the whole song, so 40% are more than enough, considering that it's not even a single and that Radiohead themself were sued over the melody.

a few other things:

It's unlikely that GF will be taken off the record, usually things like this are settled with money or writing credits

And y'all should calm your teenage-asses down, it's most likely the label and their lawyers that is pushing the 100%-thing, not the band.

Plus, it's pretty dumb of Lana to talk/tweet about it in public, especially with her over-obsessive fanbase. This will push the whole thing to a new level and make the Radiohead lawyers become even more relentless.

here's the thing sweetie, if you are a band that praises positivity and creative freedom, wouldn't you STOP your lawyers and labels from going for 100%?

Why aren't they talking about it publicly like Lana. If they didn't want 100%, and it's completely bc of the label, why can't they grow some balls and speak about the situation, especially about how it's out of their control about how much they get from GF? They're an old band, with low royalties in the 2000's/10's, so I doubt there's anything legal stopping them from speaking out, so I'm pretty sure they want as much as they can get from Lana. next.

giphy.gif

here's the thing sweetie, if you are a band that praises positivity and creative freedom, wouldn't you STOP your lawyers and labels from going for 100%?

Why aren't they talking about it publicly like Lana. If they didn't want 100%, and it's completely bc of the label, why can't they grow some balls and speak about the situation, especially about how it's out of their control about how much they get from GF? They're an old band, with low royalties in the 2000's/10's, so I doubt there's anything legal stopping them from speaking out, so I'm pretty sure they want as much as they can get from Lana. next.

giphy.gif

This!

100% agree with you 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

about time 

Right now I'm in the youtube comments fighting everyone that says Lana should lose  :hooker:  :diva:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

upsetting how Lana’s literally shied away from major press and promo and media for years to avoid the sort of bandwagon misogynistic hatred of her that existed for a while and has just been reliably releasing music quietly for her fans, and yet she STILL CANT GET A FUCKING BREAK because of these fucking greedy capitalist pigs who have not only tarnished a song of great personal significance to many but have also opened up yet another controversy and backlash

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

this is exactly why I’m angry, she’s getting the same sort of misogynistic hatred that perpetuates the falsehood that she’s a sort of plastic manufactured whore with not a single talent or creative spirit in her... she didn’t need this. Radiohead didn’t need to do this at all. This is all so unnecessary, petty, mean-spirited, and greedy.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Someone said she makes slow radio thrashy shit...while Lana made honeymoon knowing she won't get radio play she doesn't even care for that..ignorant people 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***