Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

She's a bit awkward but I can imagine what goes inside her head.

The thing with "long breaks" is that u start creating and as time keeps going, you start to change your mind\get new ideas\dislike old stuff and even end up forgetting older stuff you've done in the process. I think that's mainly the problem with Lust For Life, she just started to mess around and picked new ideas for the album. You can clearly see how the second half is older\goes into the "folk-ish\Acoustic" inspired songs while the first half is mixed with trap beats mainly.

It's all about... mindset.

A rushed record got us UV and HM so i'd like her to rush her ass off

no it didn't 

LFL wasn't rushed it was just messy, with an unfinished and partially scrapped and later reimposed concept. Just because she improvised pwyc doesn't make the whole uv album rushed. If it were rushed we wouldn't have early rick demos that sound like they could fit on the record as well.

i76mrxw.png 

no it didn't 

LFL wasn't rushed it was just messy, with an unfinished and partially scrapped and later reimposed concept. Just because she improvised pwyc doesn't make the whole uv album rushed. If it were rushed we wouldn't have early rick demos that sound like they could fit on the record as well.

She mentioned they recorded UV like... really quick and that mixing was the main issue\took time. And while UV was being mixed\mastered, she started to write songs that would turn into Honeymoon

Also the producers and team in general already told how she would do really few takes for Ultraviolence and try to keep it like that, and even the guy that mastered the whole thing mentioned that they keept some of the mixes just like they came straight from Dan's studio and really didn't touch anything, so like, the songs were like "almost finished demos" and just stayed like that on the final release. But it works on the album

​1960s​ classic country songs. Not the CRAP that country charts radio plays.

Stand by your man

Crazy

Hello Walls

Harper Valley PTA

Ring of Fire

King of the Road

the trilogy Marty Robbins did (El Paso (the outlaws version/ Feleena (the outlaws girl version) / El Paso City

or for fun, Johnny Cash's Boy Named Sue or One Piece at a Time

and if sad is wanted

Chisled In Stone  Vern Gosdin (George Strait and Alan Jackson did it later on)

or George Jones "He stopped Loving Her today" or "Good Year for the roses" (that Elvis Costello later sang too)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

She's a bit awkward but I can imagine what goes inside her head.

The thing with "long breaks" is that u start creating and as time keeps going, you start to change your mind\get new ideas\dislike old stuff and even end up forgetting older stuff you've done in the process. I think that's mainly the problem with Lust For Life, she just started to mess around and picked new ideas for the album. You can clearly see how the second half is older\goes into the "folk-ish\Acoustic" inspired songs while the first half is mixed with trap beats mainly.

It's all about... mindset.

Aren't LFL and 13 Beaches among the oldest songs though? It's not an issue of new vs old, it didn't matter on BTD for example but it's just that LFL (album) is disjointed in sound and concept which is its main flaw.

i76mrxw.png 

Aren't LFL and 13 Beaches among the oldest songs though? It's not an issue of new vs old, it didn't matter on BTD for example but it's just that LFL (album) is disjointed in sound and concept which is its main flaw.

I think the oldest songs are Heroin , Lust For Life, Love, and 13 Beaches

Lust For Life and 13 Beaches however, changed drastically from the original concepts into new songs so idk if that makes them new or old

no it didn't 

Yeah..LFL wasn't rushed...and that's exactly why it's so messy. If she would've ended the album earlier it wouldn't have been so messy. But as time went on she started going out more and collabing more( the A$AP songs and IMF and white mustang since they're about G-Eazy)...She literally said she didn't put BAR in LFL because she got out of a zone that she was one time...if the album preparation wasn't that long she migh've given us BAR and Yosemite since she talked about it in all magazines, but then scrapped it immediately last minute, together with Roses bloom for you, because she was fEeliNg HeR moRe FierY trAckS...which are the weakest on the album imo, except for Cherry which is amazing. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Yes was about to mention what sis Khris did. Also Born To Die, remember the "album sampler" with many unreleaseds that if were somehow on the final cut, would turn into a giant mess.

I think the oldest songs are Heroin , Lust For Life, Love, and 13 Beaches

Lust For Life and 13 Beaches however, changed drastically from the original concepts into new songs so idk if that makes them new or old

13 beaches & Lust For Life could be old songs but they were all re-done. 13 beaches from that Something Real demo and Lust For Life have already like 3 versions that are probably all different.

The first demo was a ballad. With synths and Pads.

The Max Martin version, where one of the verses turned into the chorus (meaning there was another chorus) and it was probably more Pop oriented than the final version. It seems like the transition for the verse-chorus is from the Max Martin demo but they re-worked the whole thing from "singing" to "talking" on the verses for the:

final version, with The Weeknd

Yeah..LFL wasn't rushed...and that's exactly why it's so messy. If she would've ended the album earlier it wouldn't have been so messy. But as time went on she started going out more and collabing more( the A$AP songs and IMF and white mustang since they're about G-Eazy)...She literally said she didn't put BAR in LFL because she got out of a zone that she was one time...if the album preparation wasn't that long she migh've give us BAR and Yosemite since she talked about it in all magazines, but then scrapped it immediately last minute, together with Roses bloom for you, because she was fEeliNg HeR moRe FierY trAckS...which are the weakest on the album imo, except for Cherry which is amazing

T H I S

From a beautiful sad ballad, lust for life, the song turned into a generic pop collab which isn't very exciting..13 beaches had a darker sound and that was changed too...too many fucking changes and that's because she spent a lot of time making the record..and doing so, her vision changed , her aestethic changed, etc..

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

It's funny cuz we know a lot of outtakes form Lust For Life. We know that many songs were done and just didn't make the cut, from Yosemite to "political tracks". We don't have many other titles from Honeymoon, Ultraviolence or Paradise at all (Ok we have like 3 songs from Ultra + 3 titles that are probably from the era but they could be old songs aswell)

It's funny cuz we know a lot of outtakes form Lust For Life. We know that many songs were done and just didn't make the cut, from Yosemite to "political tracks". We don't have many other titles from Honeymoon, Ultraviolence or Paradise at all (Ok we have like 3 songs from Ultra + 3 titles that are probably from the era but they could be old songs aswell)

BTD had 3-4 names if i remember correctly

I'm curious about what the next album cover is going to be and if she's already shot it. And who the photographer is.

And if she's going to be standing in front of her truck.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I'm curious about what the next album cover is going to be and if she's already shot it. And who the photographer is.

if she's in front of her new truck neil better shoot it.

chuck isn't very good when it comes to shooting around cars.

It could be a camper van

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

someone wants a folk album ???  ;)

I like the folk aesthetic, but i wouldn't say i want the whole album to be folk. An album full of songs like Change would be nice though :flutter:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

an album or EP of dreamy / folk / piano ballads like Terrence Loves You, Change, and Tomorromew Never Came

2ivz0vo.jpg

Totally this!

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: