Sign in to follow this  
DUKE

General Paradise Tour Discussion Thread

Well, she said she is not big on fashion/clothes, so I don't think she will have many costumes. Maybe if her management tells her to, she will be like: Okay, if you want that...:pft:

But otherwise, I think she will be on stage for a good 1-1,5 hours. At her last tour, BTD wasn't yet out, so that is why those concerts were shorter, and when she had her iTunes performance she would have gladly continued, but there was a time restriction.

We can expect lots of great songs,I believe. Can't wait for American and Lucky Ones live. Lucky Ones is typically a song which can sound great when performed live, I hope she does it.

All in all, I'm just pretty excited because I have no idea what to expect. In the end, I'm just happy I get to see her.  :deadbanana:

Which show are you going to? I also feel like her show won't be longer than 60 minutes  :eek:

Btw do we by any chance know of any opening act?

kySyfQZ.jpg

Which show are you going to? I also feel like her show won't be longer than 60 minutes  :eek:

Btw do we by any chance know of any opening act?

I'm attending the shows in Hamburg and Berlin. And yes, we do know who's going to be opening for her. It's Kassidy, the band whose member Barrie, Lana's boyfriend, is. 

I'm attending the shows in Hamburg and Berlin. And yes, we do know who's going to be opening for her. It's Kassidy, the band whose member Barrie, Lana's boyfriend, is. 

Thank you! Too bad, I'm probably attending Frankfurt.  :)

kySyfQZ.jpg

Hold the world from spinning. What?

LDR made a status a while ago that someone sent him that and he was checking if it was alright to release...

LDR made a status a while ago that someone sent him that and he was checking if it was alright to release...

Why do I always miss these semi-announcements? I just saw a tweet saying that some exclusive content might be released before the tour starts. Thanks again, Sitar.

Let's revive this thread and talk about the tour. (Who would have guessed?)

After seeing the show twice now I have to say that she effortlessly sings all the tracks from Born to Die. She's overly practised with them now. Yet I have to say that most material from Paradise, especially "Cola" and "Gods and Monsters," does cause her some problems. She seems fairly uncertain about how to sing those songs, her voice sounds thinner and I do also believe that both songs are not necessarily the very best live arrangements on the tour.

Speaking about arrangements, I did really enjoy "Body Electric" with the additional drums. To me, they add much more life to the song. Something I noticed is that her vocals sound slightly dry, so I would have hoped they used a little more prominent hall effect during the show. Also, the strings often seem to get lost in the (sound) shuffle, which is due to the bad sound at most venues. Monday's show in Berlin probably had the worst sound I've ever heard at a concert. Like I mentioned earlier in another post, she seemed very tired and exhausted during that show, but yet I must say that she delivered the finest live performance of "Ride" I've heard so far. While I was surprisingly disappointed by her vocals in the first part of the show, she got much better with the later performances, probably because she'd been singing those songs for a good two years now over and over again. 

The visuals shown during the show are very striking, haunting and cinematic. The latter is executed by the occasional inclusion of live broadcast footage on the stage screens. I like that the cameras didn't always point at her, but did focus the musicians during the show, which made for a nice cinematic overview of all onstage performers and musicians. I'd have to see the show once more to give a proper feedback on the visuals, but the backdrop created for "Burning Desire" really got stuck. It's an easy effect, which is very expressive, though: diverse footage of cars on streets and highways, riding like a river, merged with magnified footage of blood being pumped through blood vessels. 

Watching some of these live videos and i had a thought. I want to go back in time to, like, 1980 and tell people that one day concert goers will hold up telephones instead of lighters, and be laughed at and told that i'm crazy.  

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

[sorry, double post -- didn't want to start a new thread but want as many people's input as possible]

ok, so i secured a ticket and flight, and am going now for sure. i really would love to get in the front row, so i have a few questions for those that have already gone: 

-how many hours did you go ahead to get in the front row 

-how many people were there when you got there (were there already lots of people ahead of you, etc) 

-were any of you able to meet her before / after the show? 

-what is security like? do they do thorough body checks? can i sneak a joint in, etc? 

-has anyone given her physical objects, other than notes? does she actually hold onto the items she receives? i really want to give her a USB drive with stuff i've made for her, i'm hoping the bling will motivate her to keep it safe, that is, assuming i can get close enough

30kd6pd.jpg

i don't know if i'd run into any problems taking that in and trying to give it to her. i guess it depends on how lax security is, what kind of objects they allow in, etc. this is all last minute and i'm stressing over the details, so if anyone can help answer any of these questions i would REALLY appreciate it 

ZRBNill.jpg

-how many hours did you go ahead to get in the front row 

-how many people were there when you got there (were there already lots of people ahead of you, etc) 

-were any of you able to meet her before / after the show? 

-what is security like? do they do thorough body checks? can i sneak a joint in, etc?

As for those questions, check some people's individual concert experience threads: Limelight's, mine, dopecinema's and @@Rafael also created this thread for show stories in which Rafael himself and PinUpCartoonBaby shared their stories. I've seen other members making elaborate posts/threads, MarryTheSequins and summertime sadness_x just very recently from the first Birmingham show. 

As for this question: 

-has anyone given her physical objects, other than notes? does she actually hold onto the items she receives? i really want to give her a USB drive with stuff i've made for her, i'm hoping the bling will motivate her to keep it safe, that is, assuming i can get close enough

All items she collects during the show, wether it is letters, Pepsi Pussies (I made one for her in Hamburg) or drawings, are placed by her next to a speaker on stage. When she leaves the stage, she picks all of them and you can be sure she reads and looks at everything. Since the USB drive is relatively small from what I've seen, I'd suggest putting it in a box or something that she cannot overlook when picking things up. After the Hamburg show, we could see her carrying all the gifts personally, so she really does hold onto them. 

Even if you're second or third row, you have pretty good chances to give it to her as people are pushing anyways.

Good luck to you and have a great show! :)

thank you that was awesome and helped me get front-ish row both nights!! the USB was actually kind of big, luckily i was able to hand it to her the first night. i saw her palm it and she still had her fists clenched when walking back up on stage so i'm pretty sure she kept it and i'm hoping she actually plugs it into her computer!! <3 

ZRBNill.jpg

thank you that was awesome and helped me get front-ish row both nights!! the USB was actually kind of big, luckily i was able to hand it to her the first night. i saw her palm it and she still hand her fists clenched when walking back up on stage so i'm pretty sure she kept it and i'm hoping she actually plugs it into her computer!! <3 

I'm happy for you!  :party: