prettydrugs

Big Eyes nominated for Best Original Song at 2015 Golden Globes

I'll never get the ICF love .... The song is uneventful, the chorus sounds at least as forced as the Big Eyes one and the lyrics are a pain.

Big Eyes may be a bit messy production wise and the best part really is the bridge and the last chorus, but it has a more "dramatic" and emotional feeling. If she would have been nominated with IVF, her chances would have been 0 from the start.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

i really hope she will attend, i'd loove to see her sitting at a table with Amy Adams, Christoph Waltz and Tim Burton :defeated:

also seeing her winning, her face if they announce her name and her speech omg im so excited.

I love amy adams that would be cute

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Okay y'all can hate Big Eyes but I just CAN'T understand how you guys think I Can Fly is the better track  :smh:  :smh:  :smh:

I agree with the Mariah Stan... Big Eyes is her best soundtrack while ICF is just... kinda trash.

ICF is a proper song so to speak... nice lyrics, well defined structure and an interesting chorus. It's not a bad song at all.

You guys are hating on it and praising Big Eyes which: is a mess both sonically (that weird acapella in the beginning ugh) and structure-wise and has one of the weakest choruses Lana has ever given to us... I mean a 5 years old could've come up with the big eyes/big lies rhyme.

I believe you guys are the ones in love with Big Eyes and cannot see it for what it is. It's certainly NOT her best soundtrack, stop being delusional :bye4:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Big Eyes is her best soundtrack song so far. Ok for those who think that Harvey bought her the nomination..how about BORDE her sing? How in the hell that TRASH of a song get nominated? Seriously, THE WORST hunger games song so far. We Remain, Atlas, And Taylor's song were FAR superior. There is a reason why the song FLOPPED to oblivion and didn't catch on despite HUGE promotional push by her label and the soundtrack sold only like 20k.

The Hanging Tree despite not being the theme of the movie caught on instead, but it's not legible. Poor borde and enough discussion about that golem.

Big Eyes is Lana's most assuring confident song by FAR.

I Can Fly is kinda trash sorry..glad they went with Big Eyes. The lyrics to I Can Fly to a normal person (if u like never heard of lanz and this is your intro to her) might be cute but as a long time fan, it's puke inducing due to the cliche reused lyrics. "Summer", "Birds" "Mid July".. "Crazy"..."Divine" I mean :derpna2:

K, I don't find myself agreeing with you very often but I am warming up on you. At least you hate Gags and Borde and that's more than ok in my book, although Big Eyes is nowhere near Lana's best sing, she deserves the award. 

ICF is a proper song so to speak... nice lyrics, well defined structure and an interesting chorus. It's not a bad song at all.

You guys are hating on it and praising Big Eyes which: is a mess both sonically (that weird acapella in the beginning ugh) and structure-wise and has one of the weakest choruses Lana has ever given to us... I mean a 5 years old could've come up with the big eyes/big lies rhyme.

I believe you guys are the ones in love with Big Eyes and cannot see it for what it is. It's certainly NOT her best soundtrack, stop being delusional :bye4:

Taste is taste, but I don't see anything interesting in the ICF chorus. She streches the phrase out in a tiring way and then throws in a sentence before streching out another phrase into eternity. The whole thing displays less emotion than Lucky Ones. The structure is like the average song construct and the lyrics ... well, a question of taste again. I think the way she sings them makes them sound dull and life-less, "faux-emotion".

I agree on BE being messy and definitly a song that may not be everyone's cup of tea. I also expected more from it, but you see, it IS a soundtrack song and not meant to be a major radio single. And in this way, it really succeeds, unlike ICF, which, in my eyes, is just some ballad. And i think IF she has a chance to win with one of the two songs, it's BE, because it really has some kind of suspense curve and a cinematic sound, instead of the monotonous way ICF is just going on and on.

So the "stop being delusional" applies to both camps quite well. BE is messy and could have been better easily but ICF is just a quite medicore ballad with nothing special happening.

I personally prefer BE, even though I am also quite sure it won't win the award.

Taste is taste, but I don't see anything interesting in the ICF chorus. She streches the phrase out in a tiring way and then throws in a sentence before streching out another phrase into eternity. The whole thing displays less emotion than Lucky Ones. The structure is like the average song construct and the lyrics ... well, a question of taste again. I think the way she sings them makes them sound dull and life-less, "faux-emotion".

I agree on BE being messy and definitly a song that may not be everyone's cup of tea. I also expected more from it, but you see, it IS a soundtrack song and not meant to be a major radio single. And in this way, it really succeeds, unlike ICF, which, in my eyes, is just some ballad. And i think IF she has a chance to win with one of the two songs, it's BE, because it really has some kind of suspense curve and a cinematic sound, instead of the monotonous way ICF is just going on and on.

So the "stop being delusional" applies to both camps quite well. BE is messy and could have been better easily but ICF is just a quite medicore ballad with nothing special happening.

I personally prefer BE, even though I am also quite sure it won't win the award.

I wasn't talking about ICF when I asked to stop with the delusion lol I was talking about Y&B and OUAD, which are far superior and were both critically acclaimed.

Now that I've had time to listen to both songs I've reached the conclusion both of them are just okay. Plain and simple. I prefer ICF over BE, but I no longer think ICF is that great. I mean they're nice movie soundtracks, that's all.

Taste is taste, like you said.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I wasn't talking about ICF when I asked to stop with the delusion lol I was talking about Y&B and OUAD, which are far superior and were both critically acclaimed.

Now that I've had time to listen to both songs I've reached the conclusion both of them are just okay. Plain and simple. I prefer ICF over BE, but I no longer think ICF is that great. I mean they're nice movie soundtracks, that's all.

Taste is taste, like you said.

Well yeah, OUAD is a great movie soundtrack song. Y&B is actually quite a nice song in general, even though i found the way they placed it in The Great Gatsby was underwhelming.

Haha, I didn't wanted to prevent anyone from liking ICF in the first place, I just wanted to go out of this "Song A is bad but song B is great! - No song B is great, song A is trash" discussion ;D

Taste is taste, but I don't see anything interesting in the ICF chorus. She streches the phrase out in a tiring way and then throws in a sentence before streching out another phrase into eternity. 

This!!

K, I don't find myself agreeing with you very often but I am warming up on you. At least you hate Gags and Borde and that's more than ok in my book, although Big Eyes is nowhere near Lana's best sing, she deserves the award. 

It's her best soundtrack sing. no doubt.

The acapella at the beginning and build up of the song is perfection. The trumpets, the lyrics, the atmosphere EVERYTHANG. 

Anyway, I'm not going to even bother with that other person. "Big Eyes" is not even released on itunes and how the fuck are you going to find it on the charts. :derpna3:

Funny how after reading this thread and all the complaints about ICF I just can't listen the song in the same way again  :facepalm:  Big Eyes tho still it's a great song to me although I still don't like the 'Big eyes, Big lies' chorus - she can do better.

When it comes to the lyrics of both songs I just loved the fact we were able to listen something that isn't the typical Lana Del Rey lyrics. UV for example is great but lyrically we all can agree she went even further on the subjects she already approached before - almost like repeating the same character over and over. Hopefully for the next release she takes a long time to live her life more and discover new things to write about. 

I haven't seen Big Eyes on the charts anywhere. It flopped, so it's automatically shit.

Correct me if I am wrong but the reason we haven't seen it on the charts anywhere is because there hasn't been an official release. Not even pre order. The song can't chart until its released. I personally don't think a song needs to chart to be considered a great song. Some of Lana's most amazing work never charted or charted poorly.

you get so over the top about things on lanaboards i think u should chill out a bit maybe have a bath and relax

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif