Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

@TragicRabbit Watch Penny Dreadful, it is one of the best shows! So well done and so good. Way better than most horror/scary shows/films out now. Very classic gothic horror that's character driven. Eva Green is truly superb, long live Vanessa Ives! The show was cancelled too soon.

As far as House on Haunted Hill I'm excited to watch it! It's getting good reviews, great actually and has a great cast. I love Carla Gugino. She's also in Gerald's Game which is a Netflix original Stephen King adaptation that was really great! Anyways from what I've read it is more character driven as well and focuses on the drama of what the family went through with elements of creepiness and scares. It sounds great! Probably will start this weekend.

Other thriller/slight horror shows I'd mention on Netflix are Requiem and Tabula Rasa, they are soooo good as well. I'd even throw Dark in there but it's not necessarily horror to me lol.

Very excited for the new Halloween as well!!!

As far as House on Haunted Hill I'm excited to watch it! It's getting good reviews, great actually and has a great cast. I love Carla Gugino. She's also in Gerald's Game which is a Netflix original Stephen King adaptation that was really great!

Gerald's Game is so good, It was also directed by Mike Flanagan

8nl2OpX.png

Holidays is good, so you might like that. VHS is good if you haven't seen it. The sequels, not so much, but the first one is very good. 

Holidays was good, but VHS... idk, I couldn't really get into it? Everyone I know seems to love it though lol

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

So for Halloween i wanna watch something original and not cheap box office jumpscares

And certainly not some unoriginal remake

Can anyone suggest something thats not entirely gore-horror, or predictable with a twist ending they thought would leave us shook?

Something smart, leaning towards thriller if it has to?

May, Raw, The Wailing, Old Boy, Shutter Island, The Prestige, Audition, Kahaani

Can someone else please watch A Serbian Film so I'm not alone in my trauma?  :biblio:

Wow yes omg thank you, i wanted to watch that but feared it would be too 'typical'

I mean it's a haunting film, but a really good one. Also The Invitation on Netflix is a really good thriller

8nl2OpX.png

I was pretty excited for Suspiria but after reading the reviews I'm not THAT much. I'll watch it when it releases though. You should read it's soundtrack list. It's so poetic & arty.

2-CD Tracklist:

CD1

01. A Storm That Took Everything

02. The Hooks

03. Suspirium

04. Belongings Thrown in a River

05. Has Ended

06. Klemperer Walks

07. Open Again

08. Sabbath Incantation

09. The Inevitable Pull

10. Olga’s Destruction (Volk tape)

11. The conjuring of Anke

12. A light green

13. Unmade

14. The Jumps

CD2

01. Volk

02. The Universe is Indifferent

03. The Balance of Things

04. A Soft Hand Across your Face

05. Suspirium Finale

06. A Choir of One

07. Synthesizer Speaks

08. The Room of Compartments

09. An Audition

10. Voiceless Terror

11. The Epilogue

Yup I'm definitely thinking of buying the soundtrack once it's out by the end of next week, I've been listening to Suspirium and Volk so much I can't wait to hear the rest! From what I saw most of the tracks are like 2-3 minutes but then tracks like Volk and Suspirium Finale are 6-7 minutes.

i saw someone on twitter say that it was like black swan, but without the depth (or something like that) 

but idc it looks good, and mia goth is so pretty imo

Lmao I saw it too I think

i was going to see Suspiria last week by a kind of a film festival but 2 days before the screening the company which holds this organization announced they couldn't get the movie because the distributor told them they won't send the movie until the 26th october, which is the release date in usa i guess???

like bitch... okay. i was disappointed.

i hope it lives up the hype, comparings between suspiria and mother even made me more excited cause i loved mother

May, Raw, The Wailing, Old Boy, Shutter Island, The Prestige, Audition, Kahaani

Can someone else please watch A Serbian Film so I'm not alone in my trauma? :biblio:

Omg omg omg Kahaani? I didn't know you guys knew about Bollywood films! (It's a thriller with a twist not a horror movie though)

I've watched A Serbian Film. Yuk.

Omg omg omg Kahaani? I didn't know you guys knew about Bollywood films! (It's a thriller with a twist not a horror movie though)

I've watched A Serbian Film. Yuk.

Yes!! I've mostly just watched things in the horror / thriller realm.  

Bees Saal Baad, Raat, Darna Mana Hai, Mahal, Bhoot, Ragini MMS (better than Paranormal Activity imo) 6-5=2, NH 10, and of course the legendary Paanch.

Yes!! I've mostly just watched things in the horror / thriller realm.

Bees Saal Baad, Raat, Darna Mana Hai, Mahal, Bhoot, Ragini MMS (better than Paranormal Activity imo) 6-5=2, NH 10, and of course the legendary Paanch.

You must watch Bhool Bhullaiya it stars Vidya Balan from Kahani. It is a modern remake of a 1993 film that has been remade 4 times in different Indian languages & EACH version was a blockbuster. Chandramukhi (it's third remake is also good).

Second movie I would recommend you is Makdee. It's not scary or anything but is well written & acted.

I'm literally amazed how you know all these films I haven't even heard half of them & I'm an Indian! Most of the films are not really THAT popular or anything. Ragini MMS was a commercial hit, NH10 is about honor killing.

You must watch Bhool Bhullaiya it stars Vidya Balan from Kahani. It is a modern remake of a 1993 film that has been remade 4 times in different Indian languages & EACH version was a blockbuster. Chandramukhi (it's third remake is also good).

Second movie I would recommend you is Makdee. It's not scary or anything but is well written & acted.

I'm literally amazed how you know all these films I haven't even heard half of them & I'm an Indian! Most of the films are not really THAT popular or anything. Ragini MMS was a commercial hit, NH10 is about honor killing.

I'll definitely check them out! I found a lot of them by asking for recommendations from friends and going through different lists of Bollywood horror movies and picking things that came up multiple times.  :) 

@@DLT Okay I've added Penny Dreadfull back on my list. I will definitely watch it as soon as I can. :) I'll also check out the first couple episodes of the Haunting of Hill House & then decide if I wanna continue.

The other two shows you mentioned, I'll skip them for now.

Yes, I have watched DARK. I even created a thread for it on LB. It's mesmerising.

i was going to see Suspiria last week by a kind of a film festival but 2 days before the screening the company which holds this organization announced they couldn't get the movie because the distributor told them they won't send the movie until the 26th october, which is the release date in usa i guess???

like bitch... okay. i was disappointed.

i hope it lives up the hype, comparings between suspiria and mother even made me more excited cause i loved mother

Ugh me too, it's in my top 5 favorites for sure :defeated:

May, Raw, The Wailing, Old Boy, Shutter Island, The Prestige, Audition, Kahaani

Can someone else please watch A Serbian Film so I'm not alone in my trauma?  :biblio:

Ah yes i know someone whos favourite movie is Shutter Island. That one is a definite

Ill check out the others too, but perhaps not A Serbian Film :toofunny:

I bought advance tickets to opening night of Halloween tomorrow!! I’m SO FUCKING EXCITED GUYS I REALLY HAVENT BEEN MORE EXCITED FOR A FILM IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FRANCHISE & I HAVE SINCE I WAS A KID. I’m getting so EMOTIONAL /// excited just thinking about it, wow I can’t wait & I know it’s gonna be amazing. I’m so thrilled that John Carpenter is back doing the score - he is a genius. & Jamie Lee Curtis is such a fucking icon. :defeated:

14417469274.gif

I bought advance tickets to opening night of Halloween tomorrow!! I’m SO FUCKING EXCITED GUYS I REALLY HAVENT BEEN MORE EXCITED FOR A FILM IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FRANCHISE & I HAVE SINCE I WAS A KID. I’m getting so EMOTIONAL /// excited just thinking about it, wow I can’t wait & I know it’s gonna be amazing. I’m so thrilled that John Carpenter is back doing the score - he is a genius. & Jamie Lee Curtis is such a fucking icon. :defeated:

I know right! I'm going tonight is already plating in my local teather, when I come back I'll post my thoughts.

8nl2OpX.png

I dare you to watch it!

I mean it wasn't as bad as I expected so in that way I could but there's a difference between reading something and actually seeing it...  :lmao: