Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

I love the new IT movie! I finally saw it. The original version was seriously like a family movie to me growing up cause I'd always watch it with my siblings and dad (not my mum cause she's scared lol) cause we thought it was funny.

This one actually managed to creep me out a fair bit. Especially the painting lady....

This us the kind of movie I want to own when it's released on DVD cause it was done so well

My all time favorite horror movie..there is something about it.. the aesthetic, sound score, suspense & storyline - just beautiful. They tried to make an American remake which was pure commercial garbage & couldn't even touch the raw magic of the original.

It is loosely based on a Japanese folklore - 'a tale of two sisters' but is COMPLETELY different from it. Only the characters name are same & I'd recommend you to read the folklore too (It's interesting although it has no connection to this film).

Also, there is a major twists in the end of the film which will keep you thinking for a while!

I'm a big fan of the original horrors like Halloween 1978, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974. I also really like the movie As Above, So Below... idk if any of u guys have seen it but it's great!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm a big fan of the original horrors like Halloween 1978, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974. I also really like the movie As Above, So Below... idk if any of u guys have seen it but it's great!

The first Texas Chainsaw is the scariest. One of my faves. Leatherface is probably the only serial killer that scares the shit out of me lol

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The first Texas Chainsaw is the scariest. One of my faves. Leatherface is probably the only serial killer that scares the shit out of me lol

Yes by far! It captures that gritty, disgusting, dirty aesthetic so well. Like the whole movie just feels so gross and i love it. Alot of the older horror movies are much scarier, i think it's because there's less editing and cutting so it comes across as more realistic and like you're really there, legendary film :flutter:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

My all time favorite horror movie..there is something about it.. the aesthetic, sound score, suspense & storyline - just beautiful. They tried to make an American remake which was pure commercial garbage & couldn't even touch the raw magic of the original.

It is loosely based on a Japanese folklore - 'a tale of two sisters' but is COMPLETELY different from it. Only the characters name are same & I'd recommend you to read the folklore too (It's interesting although it has no connection to this film).

Also, there is a major twists in the end of the film which will keep you thinking for a while!

Ive wanted to watch this for years! Theres an english version with Emily Browning called the Uninvited and i love that movie and always wanted to watch the original

Ive wanted to watch this for years! Theres an english version with Emily Browning called the Uninvited and i love that movie and always wanted to watch the original

The original is much more raw, aesthetic & original. It leaves you with a feeling of melancholy in the end. Uninvited seemed very commercial to me the way most American remakes are & it lacked that magic. They also made a lot of changes in the storyline to make it digestable for the audience.(spoiler: the ending is different)

If you want me to send you the download link of that movie, just let me know.

Saw 8 will come out next month.

I just could find a German trailer but it looks very good!

'Purge' is also very good my cousin told me. There are 3 'Purge' movies out. 'Purge 4 ' will come next year. 

I finally watched 'Get Out' yesterday and.... how the fuck does it have a 96 on rotten tomatoes??  That movie was literally pointless in any form except to further increase this so called 'race diversion'. It seemed like the entire movie was an all white people are bad formula and it honestly didn't play out well. The movie kinda sucked..

The original is much more raw, aesthetic & original. It leaves you with a feeling of melancholy in the end. Uninvited seemed very commercial to me the way most American remakes are & it lacked that magic. They also made a lot of changes in the storyline to make it digestable for the audience.(spoiler: the ending is different)

If you want me to send you the download link of that movie, just let me know.

Omg that would actually be amazing!  Please do dm if you can xxx

And yes that's exactly why I always wanted to see the original cause I loved the concept of the Uninvited but knew it was tainted a bit from the real story line and acting ofc

Saw 8 will come out next month.

I just could find a German trailer but it looks very good!

'Purge' is also very good my cousin told me. There are 3 'Purge' movies out. 'Purge 4 ' will come next year. 

This makes me sad cause Chester Bennington was in Saw 7 :( I'll definitely see saw 8 tho.  

Omg no the Purge is the worse 'horror' movie to ever exist!  Seriously,  you're lucky you haven't seen it and wasted your time.  If your cousin has never watched any horror movies before they'd think it was okay.  Not being mean I swear,  but judge it for yourself and you'll see :P it's just one of those horrors where you're constantly yelling at the characters being like "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING,  IDIOT" 

I've been watching 2 horror films every day in october so far! Last night I watched Candyman (1992) & Poltergeist (1982). Both were absolutely fantastic I highly suggest them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAeKYnMP2ZI

Y'all I'm so excited for this!!!!!! I'm living for the new neon-ish/brighter aesthetic but it still looks familiar.

same I’ve literally been googling info about when we’d get this sequel since 2010 lol

it better be good!!! I honestly gave up hope that it’d ever be released... I’m stoked :flutter:

14417469274.gif