Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

Why wouldn't you watch the first one.. first...????  :smh: 

I haven't watched 2 or 3 (I really have to be in the mood for horror comedy) but the first Sleepaway Camp has got to be one of the best 80s horror movies I've ever seen. It's so interesting and aesthetically pleasing and the kills are awesome. The ENDING TOO, WOW. The final still of that movie will be forever in my mind. What a film.. 

You guys REALLY need to watch this. I know, it looks basic. It was actually really well done. One of the best slasher films I've seen, I actually really loved it, honestly. It's not pointless boobs and blood. It's creepy, well-written, entertaining, and the acting is pretty damn good. What surprised me about this film is that I cared about almost everyone that died. The women aren't exploited and their characters are treated with respect; like the way they were written. I dunno. This was a really good movie, you guys should check it out. I wasn't bored during any of the scenes. The pacing was really great. 

Only 2 and 3 were on OnDemand lmao. I'll watch the first one eventually though.

I did download this Girl House though, I'll watch it tonight.

Sky was okay. At least she's a good singer. ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

It was fun! My first cannibal movie. I need to watch Cannibal Holocaust soon.

Yeah, i thought Sky's acting was actually just whatever except for that one part when the friend is leaving, that was so awkward to watch on a big screen. But whatever I didn't watch it for Sky. I thought it was really good. The scene where the hot leader was jacking off was like.....why lmao. It was actually really creepy and they hinted at a part two right???

Have yall watched Martyrs? That fucked me up for like a week omg.

Only 2 and 3 were on OnDemand lmao. I'll watch the first one eventually though.

I did download this Girl House though, I'll watch it tonight.

Yeah, i thought Sky's acting was actually just whatever except for that one part when the friend is leaving, that was so awkward to watch on a big screen. But whatever I didn't watch it for Sky. I thought it was really good. The scene where the hot leader was jacking off was like.....why lmao. It was actually really creepy and they hinted at a part two right???

Have yall watched Martyrs? That fucked me up for like a week omg.

Ooh let me know what you think about Girlhouse! :)

& you gotta watch Sleepaway Camp ASAP!

Green Inferno's wiki says there was a sequel planned in 2013 when the movie was finished but there hasn't been any other news. But yeah, there's a little clip during the credits that leaves it open for a sequel. I don't see the point, though. "Beyond the Green Inferno" was supposed to be the title.

14417469274.gif

Ooh let me know what you think about Girlhouse! :)

Ayeeeeeeeee I liked it! So the little girls in the beginning had nothing to do with the rest of the movie right? The whole time I was thinking "Oh my god Kylie is one of the girls that teased him in the beginning!" but it was entertaining to watch regardless. I hated how he took out that red head after she literally did what she did, oh my god that made me so mad. And that vain ass bitch killing haself!

Ayeeeeeeeee I liked it! So the little girls in the beginning had nothing to do with the rest of the movie right? The whole time I was thinking "Oh my god Kylie is one of the girls that teased him in the beginning!" but it was entertaining to watch regardless. I hated how he took out that red head after she literally did what she did, oh my god that made me so mad. And that vain ass bittch killing haself!

Nah those girls in the beginning had nothing to do with the ones in Girlhouse. That was just to show LoverBoy's like, Michael Myers type moment growing up. & honestly I probably would've killed myself too if I'd gone through what Devon had.. she got it brutal.

14417469274.gif

Guys recommend like 2-3 good movies for me to watch on Halloween with my friends. I like more suspense, not gore. Like the original Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis.

The Babadook is amazing it's on netflix

8nl2OpX.png

Guys recommend like 2-3 good movies for me to watch on Halloween with my friends. I like more suspense, not gore. Like the original Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis.

Bitch did u not read my post about Girlhouse. :^)

Watch it!! Everyone has liked it here. It's a bit gory but it's VERY creepy and suspenseful. 

Hmm.. you should also watch The Slumber Party Massacre for laughs. :P 

I don't know what else to recommend because idk what you've seen or what mood you're going for?

Willow Creek... Alien Abduction... Drag Me to Hell... Honeymoon... Sleepaway Camp...

14417469274.gif

Bitch did u not read my post about Girlhouse. :^)

Watch it!! Everyone has liked it here. It's a bit gory but it's VERY creepy and suspenseful.

Hmm.. you should also watch The Slumber Party Massacre for laughs. :P

I don't know what else to recommend because idk what you've seen or what mood you're going for?

Willow Creek... Alien Abduction... Drag Me to Hell... Honeymoon... Sleepaway Camp...

Well I haven't seen any of those you listed so I'll check them out!

H0bDaqU.gif

I watched Eli Roth's Knock Knock last night and it was pretty fucked up. It's an interesting take on home invasion movies, a lot like Hard Candy (2005) in some ways, but but over the top like an Eli Roth movie. I enjoyed The Green Inferno more, but Lorenza Izzo's character in Knock Knock is my fave.

Also saw Crimson Peak yesterday, and it wasn't what I expected at all, but it has an interesting twist. I think seeing it once was good enough.

I watched Eli Roth's Knock Knock last night and it was pretty fucked up. It's an interesting take on home invasion movies, a lot like Hard Candy (2005) in some ways, but but over the top like an Eli Roth movie. I enjoyed The Green Inferno more, but Lorenza Izzo's character in Knock Knock is my fave.

Also saw Crimson Peak yesterday, and it wasn't what I expected at all, but it has an interesting twist. I think seeing it once was good enough.

knock knock thoroughly pissed me off, I kept thinking "this is hard candy with no probable cause...."

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

I saw Crimson Peak Saturday night and I thought it was pretty amazing. I love Jessica Chastain. The visuals were beautiful, it was very creepy, I may have jumped once or twice... It was SO much better than Del Toro's last mess, Mama. That movie was terrible lmfao.

14417469274.gif

In the past month I've watched Krampus, Sinister 2, Insidius 3, Southbound, Last Shift, The Perfect Guy, Final Girl, The Visit, Jeruzalem, and that's all that comes to mind. These are just titles to lookup for whenever you need something to watch cause I have watched like every movie I've seen mentioned in this thread.

i went on a horror movie binge in the past 2 days and watched (all on netflix btw):

V/H/S 1, 2 and 3 - all are suuuper good. i wish the segments were longer but in a way that makes it better bc it keeps u wanting more

Last Shift - not bad.. wasn't great but i wouldn't say i regret watching it

Babadook - hoooooly shit this was so suspenseful.. i love it bc the horror isn't reliant on jump scares and sudden loud noises but rather a psychological build-up, the relationship between the mother and child makes it 10x creepier

Circle - it's an independent film so i wasn't expecting much, pretty much 99% of the movie takes place in the same room but it surpassed expectations, the ending was a great twist. parts of it were funny, parts sad, parts scary, i loved it

Oculus - everyone told me this was shit scary.. i didn't love it tbh like it had a nice concept but it took too long to get off the ground, it should've been half an hour longer so that the climax could've been higher bc honestly i was waiting for it to get exciting and.. it just didn't.

Pay The Ghost - mainly only watched this because of Sarah Wayne Callies.. i wish they had made her the main protagonist instead of Nicolas Cage. like Last Shift it wasn't bad but it wasn't spectacular either, a lot of cliches and the climax wasn't anywhere near scary or exciting enough

RVhKIwP.gif

I'm pissed because I never got to see Krampus in theatres. Still haven't seen it yet. Has anyone here seen The Witch? I really want to see that soon too, before it's out of theatres.

I've watched soooo many horror films over the past few months. I want to make one someday.

14417469274.gif

I'm pissed because I never got to see Krampus in theatres. Still haven't seen it yet. Has anyone here seen The Witch? I really want to see that soon too, before it's out of theatres.

I've watched soooo many horror films over the past few months. I want to make one someday.

I torrented Krampus today lol. It's actually very good. There was a point at the end where I was like fuck this that killed everything i hate this movie now -- but it quickly redeemed itself. I recommend it.

yesssssss I saw The Witch. It was excellent. Very well done and super realistic. Kinda left me speechless.

H0bDaqU.gif

I'm a horror addict since child, but i hate this new movies from now like saw...

but have exceptions like: Babadook, Late Phases, Thirst, Insidious, The Strangers.

i love the classics like: The Shinning, Nosferatu The Vampyre, An American Werewolf in London, The Lost Boys, Return of The Living Dead, Hellraiser, Suspiria...

Scrolling through my Watch it Again section on Netflix here are some movies I recommend (some veer closer to thriller than horror but all are great watches)((I will put a * beside the ones I enjoyed the most))

The Tortured

Exam*

Circle (I saw this before you @@May)

American Mary*

Come Back to Me

Preservation*

Wolf Creek 2 (the first is great too)

Housebound*

Nurse

The Guest (this one ended up being crazier than I expected)

Kristy*

The Seasoning House (no it's not about a restaurant)

The Taking of Deborah Logan

The Den (CRAZY AS SHIT)

After the Dark*

The Sacrament

Tucker and Dale vs Evil (still love this one lol)

The Perfect Host

Not Safe For Work (no nudity in this so this movie actually IS safe for work lmao)

Good People

Vanishing on 7th Street

The Awakening

Devil

Hold Your Breath

Nightcrawler

Oculus

Everly*

A Good Marriage (Stephen King)

Darkness Falls

Haunter*

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

Make this a general movie thread. TL1eCT1.gif

I watched Thelma and Louise this week it was so good Susan Sarandon is so fun and I love road trip movies

I just watched White Bird in a Blizzard and oh wow OH WOW. This movie is So FUCKING GOOD. Shailene Woodley is so talented and I just love looking at her she's perfect and she was topless like 10 times in the movie.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey