Fluorine

Charli XCX

its kinda sad that this album won't be as great as the mixtapes or the original XCX3... like lets not lie to ourselves we can all tell, from the cover to the title to the singles i'm just so so let down and i've never loved an artist as much as charli :/

So Christine wrote most of the song and that why its “dont search me in here I’m already gone, baby” instead of “dont search for me I’m already gone, baby”?

i'd actually guess that the original lyrics were in french and then just kinda roughly translated for the song, like her french lines in the bridge are a lot more grammatically sound - not a native speaker though so correct me if im wrong all you francophones in here!

X----into me, into you----X

So Christine wrote most of the song and that why its “dont search me in here I’m already gone, baby” instead of “dont search for me here, I’m already gone, baby”?

i'd actually guess that the original lyrics were in french and then just kinda roughly translated for the song, like her french lines in the bridge are a lot more grammatically sound - not a native speaker though so correct me if im wrong all you francophones in here!

Yeah listening to the chorus it literally seems like they have written it in French and put it in Google Translate lmao

FzytWEW.png

its kinda sad that this album won't be as great as the mixtapes or the original XCX3... like lets not lie to ourselves we can all tell, from the cover to the title to the singles i'm just so so let down and i've never loved an artist as much as charli :/

Idk I will judge them when I have the album played on my ears but tbh xcx world + the mixtapes are sounding as ok as "Charli" is sounding to me right now. Of course the concept for xcx world was mind blowing but since she died I think we should notice that this album (at least imo) is sounding more like a proper album than Xcx world is to me. Xcx world wasnt ready for the world but its a gem I will never forget. (I still want Bounce, Taxi and Ctmp officialy out tho). Charli is sounding more mature than xcx3 but hey sometimes we just need to have glittery bubblegum pop and cry over champagne moments

it’s been almost a year i think we can let xcx world die at this point....like....can we move on or are we gonna cry everytime she releases something new cause “it’s nOt xCx wOrLd!!1”

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

tbh Charli era songs sound better and more finalized but the visuals just.... do not compare to XCX World at all

idk where the budget went lol

tbh Charli era songs sound better and more finalized but the visuals just.... do not compare to XCX World at all

idk where the budget went lol

Atap was low budget lol

bioyl and gone are good but the album is definitely shaping up to be a much more commercial followup to the mixtapes, which i think we were all kind of expecting

“I want an album and a tour!!!”

Charli does just that

“I miss her experimental songs. The scrapped xcx3 and mixtapes are far superior. I’m so disappointed”

Unless one of u fags is Jeff Epstein’s love child with a 13 year old girl and has hundreds of millions to pump in Charli’s career can you all just like stop

At the end of the day Atlantic is running a business. And gone sounds just as experimental as pop2 idgi

Maybe I’m dumb but what do they mean with “Why do we keep when the water runs” and “Why do we leave when the chase is done”, it don’t make no cents to me

i think it's like, why do we keep staying still and afloat in the water when the water runs like a river? and why do spend so much time chasing something for so long only to leave it the second that chase is done? was it all for nothing?

lABVyGE.png

it’s been almost a year i think we can let xcx world die at this point....like....can we move on or are we gonna cry everytime she releases something new cause “it’s nOt xCx wOrLd!!1”

This. The Angels def know how to suck the joy out of some great things by bringing up what wasn't/what could have been. Like can we not just let XCX World (which we have in full) be a moment on its own in our fandom and move on? Charli is in a good place finally releasing a whole ass project that she loves with label support, which, for an artist of her stature with her project history, is a wonderful feat.