annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

i love everyone that is in this thread speaking the truth #magnumopus #weluvHM

Me too!

I really hope more people share their analyses and comments or love for HM in this thread, since it seems that since the era is over, the thread has been forgotten by a lot of people. 

So, I'm currently working on something kinda like a digital booklet for Honeymoon, where each song gets a frame of a closeup of Lana to give it an intimate feeling, which I think describes the sound of Honeymoon on the whole. Very chill, lush, soft, drawing the listeners in. 

Would anyone be interested in seeing the full thing when I'm finished? 

So, I'm currently working on something kinda like a digital booklet for Honeymoon, where each song gets a frame of a closeup of Lana to give it an intimate feeling, which I think describes the sound of Honeymoon on the whole. Very chill, lush, soft, drawing the listeners in. 

Would anyone be interested in seeing the full thing when I'm finished? 

me !

however ur username makes me think ur lying

​the​ BBC1 Honeymoon is even better than the studio.

​Put the Borns duet in between the BBC1 High by the Beach & the BBC1 Honeymoon and then play Terrence (is that still the only time she sang that live?)

​and then her BBC1 take on Goodbye Kiss

​btw- isn't it great how her duet on Chelsea #2 with Adam Cohen, the audience was quiet as a pin drop and we got to hear both of them, every word. Then the thunderous applause.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

​btw- isn't it great how her duet on Chelsea #2 with Adam Cohen, the audience was quiet as a pin drop and we got to hear both of them, every word. Then the thunderous applause.

yeah that was lovely  :flutter:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

What videos do you all think the Honeymoon era deserved?
Please detail your video concepts!

I personally think The Blackest Day deserved a video - I imagine it to begin in an intricate church, and she has the iconic Honeymoon side swept bangs (styled the way they were in the Jork Weissman shoot) and she’s wearing a white dress from the Endless Summer Tour concert in Toronto. It starts out in black and white; while the first few seconds of the song play, we slowly pan in, close to Lana, with Lana lip syncing the opening lines to the song. Then, at the pre-chorus, we go into colour, a faded film texture almost, and we see Lana walking around on a windy beach, but the skies are grey, with almost purple-y storm clouds; She’s wearing a beige pea coat with a blue bandana tied loosely around her neck; We get close ups of the tide drawing in, everything with a lavender haze over the lens, interlaced with the lip synch shots in black and white. The video progresses with Lana driving in her car, preferably a top down, when the second verse starts. We get close ups of her eyes, interlaced with shots of blue nails, guns blazing, and purple lilacs, representing flashbacks. Then during the bridge, we see Lana in the High by the Beach house at night, putting the radio on and walking around, looking outside on the balcony in the dark, stormy night. The video ends with Lana running on the beach shown earlier in the video, looking on with a sense of resentment but freedom; she’s on her own again, as said in the song, and I think this could serve as the last video of the era, with Lana’s newfound freedom and liberation in her own independence being a great transition for the themes present in Lust for Life. What do you think?

What videos do you all think the Honeymoon era deserved?

Please detail your video concepts!

Honeymoon (the song) deserved a better production, to continue with the vibe that HBTB had. I'm not implying that it should have had some trap influence, I mean more drums and a futuristic atmosphere. The album also deserved a better album cover; the one we have is terrible. The UO cover should've been the only cover available. Also TBD, Salvatore and Religion deserved to be singles/promoted with videos. Salvatore and Religion go perfectly together; imagine a double feature video, ugh, so good! TBD is probably one of the strongest tracks on Honeymoon, it deserves promotion. Also, a good tour. A good tour with a lot of songs from the album and nice imagery (and overall Lana needs to add more HM to her LA To The Moon Tour). HM is a great and fantastic album, but even Lana was too lazy to recognize that

Honeymoon turns 3 fucking years old in under seven months

where has time gone 

maEdA_s-200x150.gif

holy fucking shit,... it still feel brand new

maEdA_s-200x150.gif

Yet i feel like a bag of walking dust and I'm not even in my 20s

maEdA_s-200x150.gif