annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Still feels so fresh when I listen to it all the way through. I love how the record is sort of enigmatic as well. Lana just released it and didn't do much promo or interviews for it and we know the least about it compared to the rest of her albums, which is probably intentional as the songs and videos reference wanting to go unnoticed/living away from the limelight (Honeymoon and HBTB vid, HBTB, GKIT, SS etc.).

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Soooo I went to a cruise for the first time (Carnival's Paradise) and went from Tampa to Cozumel Mexico. On the way back (2 days ago) i decided to go to the back outside and watch the sunset in the middle of the ocean and listen to music while my fam was doing other stuff.

I've been rather down the past year and a half (failed, short relationships, finding out my personal information was stolen since 2015 LOL, struggling with money & budget, accommodating to a larger university, being 21, family in PR struggling after the hurricane and all other family drama indirectly annoying me, etcc).

Now most of the music I listen to is sad and moody and Ive heard God Knows Ive Tried a million times already.

But that shit hit me hard. I started to cry. Ive never cried to a song, and much less its really hard for me to cry over anything. I understood what Lana meant and felt when she made this song, especially watching a tequila sun"set"

Bless this entire album, its honestly shines trough in her discography

q5951sh.jpg

Soooo I went to a cruise for the first time (Carnival's Paradise) and went from Tampa to Cozumel Mexico. On the way back (2 days ago) i decided to go to the back outside and watch the sunset in the middle of the ocean and listen to music while my fam was doing other stuff.

I've been rather down the past year and a half (failed, short relationships, finding out my personal information was stolen since 2015 LOL, struggling with money & budget, accommodating to a larger university, being 21, family in PR struggling after the hurricane and all other family drama indirectly annoying me, etcc).

Now most of the music I listen to is sad and moody and Ive heard God Knows Ive Tried a million times already.

But that shit hit me hard. I started to cry. Ive never cried to a song, and much less its really hard for me to cry over anything. I understood what Lana meant and felt when she made this song, especially watching a tequila sun"set"

Bless this entire album, its honestly shines trough in her discography

It feels good to know that even if we are going through tough times, we can have moments like this because of Lana's music. And it's true, HM is a really special album, nothing like it. Listening to it by the ocean brings me to a higher place (sounds cheesy but it's true)

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

this whole story is so moving and touching. nothing really is more special than when a piece of artwork, a song in this case, can really reach into you and touch your soul: you finally realize you can never listen to something the same again. i hope lana's music can continue to be a source of salvation and peace for you, thank you so much for sharing :heart:

sometimes i feel like im the only one who gets emotionally invested in songs because it just isnt talked about nearly enough!!

thank you, it was a total shift in the way i appreciate music. like i surprised myself, bc like i said, ive heard the song tons of times and i didn't felt anything, but i needed that.

It feels good to know that even if we are going through tough times, we can have moments like this because of Lana's music. And it's true, HM is a really special album, nothing like it. Listening to it by the ocean brings me to a higher place (sounds cheesy but it's true)

yess i agree, i get why she writes so much music by the ocean. i wonder if she's been on a cruise, in the middle of the sea with nothing by water and sky in the view

Honeymoon, Music To Watch Boys To, Terrence Loves You, God Knows I Tried, Art Deco, Salvatore, Religion, The Blackest Day, and Swan Song STAY being absolutely INCREDIBLE

we STAN

So we're all at least aware that Honeymoon was a touch inspired by the creature from Blue Lagoon, with its whole beauty and the beast dynmic going on thru vintage filters but for the first time i've actually felt genuinely spooked by the opening strings on the title track. I was gonna go out for a night run at our neighborhood park, and well I thought oh hey, maybe I should listen to Honeymoon on my way down the hill to run around the field. 

The light posts were only lit down specific areas of the park, and there was this unlit part I had to go down to, the mist was heavy, the trees sorta felt like a risen swamp, and god it just made me anxious. There was another guy walking around the park, well I only saw his silhouette but anyway, it was just so different to actually experience that kind of strange peril from the song. I mean I came out safe wth, but it was pretty um strangely exciting 

UV/Honeymoon

Honeymoon is my favourite album of all time. It's so soft, and ethereal, and I find it her most carefree project. 

It reminds me of the nostalgic glamour of the sea...so pure. 

Who else but Lana herself. Sorry HM haters.

taste WON 

???, ?????????

Honeymoon, Music To Watch Boys To, Terrence Loves Me, God Knows I Tried, Art Deco, Salvatore, Religion, The Blackest Day, and Swan Song STAY being absolutely INCREDIBLE

we STAN

Don't you mean Terrence Loves You? :hooker:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e