Say Yes to Heaven

Official Audio: "Lust For Life (feat. The Weeknd)"

Yall need to calm down thinking this will be some smash single, it wont be, those days are over x

It only happened once anyway. Lana fans are holding on to some glory days she/we never had. A shitty remix of the 3rd worst song on Born to Die was a hit 5 years ago. Great. 

tZ7WN4B.gif

It might not be a smash but hopefully it will bring in new fans and give Lana some more publicity.

Also I think Lana is probably happy that she gave us a positive song. I think Lana cares less about charts and more about the quality of her work. Her albums normaly get to #1 on the charts anyway so I never understand why peoppe say she is 'flopping'.

I had this on repeat all day yesterday, think I still prefer Love though. I wanna see it do well, not smash or anything, but at least stick around in the top 40 or something. It's more commercially friendly than Love imo especially with The Weeknd on it.

te deseo, cariño

Each day I wake up I love it even more!

At first with the take off your clothes line, it was one of the only things that disappointed me - when Lana first said the initial 'take off, take off' I thought it was gonna have LIB or Paris vibes and be like 'Take off, take off - to a better place' and then I realised it was 'all your clothes'  :um3:

The more I listen now though, the more I am liking that line and the more its fits in (although I still would prefer 'to a better place' but never mind!

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

I hate this review, they complain that it isn't "mainstream enough" and sounds too much like a Lana song instead of The Weeknd song. http://www.spin.com/2017/04/lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-song-review/  :oprah3:

That is ridiculous..A lana del rey song on a lana del rey album..yeah it doesn't make sense

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I hate this review, they complain that it isn't "mainstream enough" and sounds too much like a Lana song instead of The Weeknd song. http://www.spin.com/2017/04/lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-song-review/  :oprah3:

they have literally misunderstood everything there is to misunderstand  :facepalm:

I'm reading it now and there is so much wrong with this review omg

I hate the song but ... complaining that a Lana Del Rey song sounds like Lana Del Rey (even though I don't even agree with her on that, I think it sounds like a Weeknd track) is just petty ... but look at the gal who wrote the article ...anna-headshot-60x60.png just another generic white girl with tumblr and twitter writing reviews. Who care for what she says?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The song has the potential to be a hit but she needs to promote it. Her sales at this point are irrelevant because 80% of the GP doesen't know that she has a tune out. The problem  is with the overall vibe and quality of the album. The Pitchfork review of LFL was rather negative and I agree that the lyrics are just subpar for an album defining title track.

Would this, perhaps, be the song to push Del Rey out of the “indie” pop designation for good, toward a more Gaga-esque style of mainstream ubiquity?

Nope nope nope don't get me started on this point - I don't see why they think it's bad not to be mainstream

Anyone who’s turned on a radio in the past two years knows Tesfaye’s voice by now, but from its first lines, “Lust for Life” is a Lana Del Rey song through and through.

Anyone who's turned on the radio sounds so condescending - like it's wrong to listen to radio. Oh yes, and IT'S MEANT TO BE AN LDR SONG THROUGH AND THROUGH BECAUSE IT IS.

The image is fantastic and a little ridiculous (about climbing up the H)

Do they know it's meant to be a metaphor and not actually climbing up the H?

it feels like a playground for Del Rey’s stylistic idiosyncrasies.

And why is this a bad thing?? Even if they had listened to other LDR songs they would know how much variety she can put into her songs.

(It's so) LDR it’s almost a shame someone else invented them.

Although I would have preferred Lana alone, this song wouldn't work without the Weeknd.

You don’t care that rhyming “lust for life” with “keeps us alive” is fundamentally never going to work.

To me it works - yeah they don't rhyme but it still sounds A.MAZ.ING.

I still prefer first single “Love” for its “Ride”-style subtlety, but who knows—maybe this one goes to radio.

okay Love sounds nothing like Ride or is that just me? And Love has had a lot of radio play and they seem to think it hasn't??

Yikes I have lost all respect for Spin.