Track 10

Clairo

29 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

Is Immunity more of a summer album? I was going to give Sling a listen but I've seen a few posts about it being more suited for end of summer / when it starts to get colder. I think I'd rather wait for the weather to be appropriate to help me get into it. I haven't heard Immunity either, I only know the 2017-18 singles.

immunity was great, really interesting early 2000s on VHS kind of aesthetic, it actually felt very authentically retro unlike her debut EP which was a little awkward in my opinion, it was also kind of cinematic in an odd way too, i thought she would go in a similar route with this, but of course she had to go with jack like every other pop girl now for some bizarre reason and she went for the boring taylor swift folklore route with this album, it's a shame... i think sling is growing on me but i still find it quite dull, especially for her second album

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

immunity was great, really interesting early 2000s on VHS kind of aesthetic, it actually felt very authentically retro unlike her debut EP which was a little awkward in my opinion, it was also kind of cinematic in an odd way too, i thought she would go in a similar route with this, but of course she had to go with jack like every other pop girl now for some bizarre reason and she went for the boring taylor swift folklore route with this album, it's a shame... i think sling is growing on me but i still find it quite dull, especially for her second album

Just started Immunity. I liked Alewife but Closer To You has just started and I'm confused where this album is going...

12 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

Just started Immunity. I liked Alewife but Closer To You has just started and I'm confused where this album is going...

alewife and closer to you are my faves

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Listened to Sling and must say it's maybe the best Jack's production I've heard till now. The composition, the instrumentations and the whole development of the album's sound is just impeccable. What a beautiful, greatly done album!

I feel like Clairo has a similar discography journey to lana. Immunity was her BTD. Somewhat slow in general but more pop-ish and upbeat production wise, just soft vocals etc. Then her second album took a really different turn and was more slow and lyrical and focused in on a 70's singer song writer vibe, just like how Lana went w the 70's rock influences production wise and a more slower and somber sound than her pop-ish upbeat debut.

All in all i was underwhelmed on FIRST listen only bc i was expecting an immunity pt 2 (aka more songs like Amoeba) however listening to it for what it is is ADORE this record. one of my favorites this year. Jack did a really really exceptional job and didnt sound stale!

1 hour ago, PrettyBaby said:

Apparently I'm more of a Rostam fan than a Clairo fan :/

That's how I have been feeling lately, the album is GOOD but I was expecting something like her debut.

Maybe I'm just super tired of the same formula Jack has been giving to the girls because I swear this album sounds similar to COCC, Folklore, NFR and most likely Lorde's new album will be similar too...

Please Jack stay away from Phoebe's upcoming album.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Wow somehow jacks recently dull and lifeless production matches up with her dull and lifeless lyricism perfectly. A match made in mediocre heaven!

This couldn't be further from the truth like... lmfao

BzhmW.png

This is thread for my girlie, Clairo !

I haven’t seen any threads specifically about her, so I’m making this (if there is one, it’s buried deep LOL). For those of you have never heard of her, Clairo is a 24 year old singer (her genre is hard to define but I would say: soft rock, pop, and indie). She’s very popular among lesbians and is bi. Her real name is Claire Cottrill. Claire has 30 singles and 2 studio albums. Anyways, just wanted to share my love for her and discuss her and her music with fellow stans. 

clairo.gif

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

just listened to her electric lady live album… her voice and articulation are so much mature ! 

these new recordings have got me so excited for her upcoming album

hopefully it’s really exciting and interesting despite her devotion to jack… :party:Fv3shkyWIAATOmk.jpg

i get my boyfriend to pick me up every friday at the dairy queen