partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

Just now, The Dragonslayer said:

isnt it the same guy who did resistance? (maybe im making that up who knows)

crispin hunt.. it makes sense but i dont think anyone knows for sure, it could be also Lee Nadel and Rich Mercurio who did Hawaiian Tropic since Spin Me Round is just ... uhm a utopian version of that song 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

While we're on this juicy topic... has a non watermarked version of Yes To Heaven (the most well known version of it) ever surfaced? Not gonna lie.. the Check Out W W W . Music Mafia . Com. isn't my fav backing vocal. 

24 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

so grateful all this got scrapped cause the Ultraviolence we got truly is superior :oprah:

3TWH.gif

1 minute ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

crispin hunt.. it makes sense but i dont think anyone knows for sure, it could be also Lee Nadel and Rich Mercurio who did Hawaiian Tropic since Spin Me Round is just ... uhm a utopian version of that song 

isn't it true that there were more songs done by the producers of hawaiian tropic? (i don't remember if they themselves said that or somebody in the fandom) so it could be true

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

Bc when Lana ripped the songs from youtube nobody on her team exactly remembered the origin, or cared to remember. 

Since Living Legend is included in the youtube trio, thought I would mention that the song was intended to have a string section. A duplicate session was labeled 'Send to Dan Heath.' or something along those lines. 

Just now, misslonaxo said:

Since Living Legend is included in the youtube trio, thought I would mention that the song was intended to have a string section. A duplicate session was labeled 'Send to Dan Heath.' or something along those lines. 

where did this come from?

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, The Love Witch said:

Speaking of Hawaiian Tropic: Will we ever get the full unchopped version of 1949? That song trilogy is kind of iconic. It’s a shame we never got the full thing.

Speaking of 1949 unedited. Where's Every Man Gets His Wish v2 unedited?

1034892694461370458.webp?size=96&quality=lossless

1 minute ago, misslonaxo said:

yes!! but we dont know if he did anything on it in the end.. there could exist a more final version w those strings that we wont get anytime soon.. i will forever be mad at lana for using demos for bb when she couldve easily given us the best versions for official release

2 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Speaking of Hawaiian Tropic: Will we ever get the full unchopped version of 1949? That song trilogy is kind of iconic. It’s a shame we never got the full thing.

if it turns out that 1949 is cropped and there's a full version with another verse or something, it would be so monumental :icant:

WGe8ynS.gif

11 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

@BlackoutZone CARE TO CONFIRM MY THEORY ?!?!?! 

There is no version of 13 Beaches NOR Something Real (if that was ever even the title) that featured lyrics as "You took the-" like Eclipse says... I've rambled abt this theory sm in the past but I am hardset on my belief that he actually obtained stems that had only a certain number of seconds playing from the intro... Think about it - anytime he's mentioned Something Real, it's been only about the intro,,, showing the intro without the movie sample, saying it had horror strings (only the intro has really strong strings like that), etc.. 

NOW my belief is that, Eclipse heard "it took thir-" as we know thats how the song starts anyway.. he then mistook it as "You took the" and posted it as "You took the #SR" (Something Real) bc he was too giddy abt getting that (why would u post lyrics to something recorded literally the same day or week is beyond me) but yeah... it all makes so much sense when u put it together and I'm 100% believing it.

You are almost right, but please wait for tomorrow I will explain it more as well :deadbanana:

3 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

You are almost right, but please wait for tomorrow I will explain it more as well :deadbanana:

:trisha: FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY i knew it in my heart.. even an "almost" right is enough for me. My other theory is that he gained access to some sort of database where currently worked on stuff was being uploaded but could only play intro snippets of the things (maybe to avoid downloading and alerting them idk?!?!) so then he just screenrecorded those and thats why we have snippets of Love (Demo) stems and Something Real stuff lol, i mean both "lyric" snippets we got just so happened to be the first line of each song.. "You took the//It took thir-" and "look at you kids with your vintage music" 

4 minutes ago, Nikki Lane said:

Speaking of 1949 unedited. Where's Every Man Gets His Wish v2 unedited?

1034892694461370458.webp?size=96&quality=lossless

Right we literally still dont have unedited Be My Daddy, EMGHW v2, Resistance and more.... can I have dark city and the unedited files for those leaks? pls pls pls pls

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

1 minute ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

yes!! but we dont know if he did anything on it in the end.. there could exist a more final version w those strings that we wont get anytime soon.. i will forever be mad at lana for using demos for bb when she couldve easily given us the best versions for official release

so, so, so unprofessional... :air: 

i nagged the mastering engineer once, "How could you 'master' youtube rips and not know??" 

3 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

I always had a feeling he spoofed that whole thing for fun... Lazy 

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

chris gehringer has been through so much :air:

the wildest part of it is that even if they lost the session or something, we literally have all of the stems for Cherry Blossom and NOTG, like the whole session leaked 😭 they could’ve gotten all of the stems back if they just looked a little harder

14 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

While we're on this juicy topic... has a non watermarked version of Yes To Heaven (the most well known version of it) ever surfaced? Not gonna lie.. the Check Out W W W . Music Mafia . Com. isn't my fav backing vocal. 

okay but the M U S I C M A F I A at the end adds too much to the song

and also for giving me Margaret

You can tell how fucking unbothered Lana was with Blue Banisters. :usrsney:

I feel like she realized at some point during the recording process that she wouldn’t have enough material for a whole album ready and just decided to fill it up with demos that worked contextually somehow…

That album is an EP, in my eyes.