partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

1 minute ago, The Love Witch said:

Born to Die wouldn’t have been the cohesive masterpiece if it wasn’t for the reworks. I agree, however, that it led to some songs being worse than their OG demos.

he completely ruined lucky ones.. he felt like he was doing something by removing the drums :azealia:

Just now, The Love Witch said:

Every incarnation of the song is better than the chaotic mess that was released in the end. I think that’s one of the song she should have saved for a later project.

I'm pretty sure the Grech Mix is an alternative final version, even Lana herself used it mixed with Emile's version on Lolita's live performances.

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

whoever worked on Lolita beyond the 2nd demo deserves an electric chair :eartha2:

the fact that this is the only version which is copyrighted on youtube is a complete shame, it's the best version, but i'd say all of the demo versions are superior

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Just now, Billie said:

he completely ruined lucky ones.. he felt like he was doing something by removing the drums :azealia:

this is one i don’t understand because the Lucky Ones demo was still cohesive with the rest of the album, actually even more cohesive, i don’t know why any of them thought it was necessary to change it so much. the released version feels more a part of Paradise than BTD honestly

How is this thread becoming the dragging Emilie Haynie? :eartha:

However, I do agree that demo 2 of Lolita eats up every other version

imageproxy.jpg

5 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

I know nothing about this, same with that St. Petersburg soundcheck song. I tried to find out what this was all about, but never reached anything.

What I did learn however is that Lana happens to improvise random things during soundchecks as a form of warm up and I think these might be those cases. But I really don't know

The “switch it up” song being a warmup improvisation is truly Drama of the Decade material at the Lipsters I haven’t recovered 

falloftheairmonkey.gif

1 minute ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

The “switch it up” song being a warmup improvisation is truly Drama of the Decade material at the Lipsters I haven’t recovered 

falloftheairmonkey.gif

but @lmdr claimed it was crazy for you... either it's from a different version... or we're being lied to :judgingu2:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123