Lana to release an Album & Poetry Book in 2019

Until you took me in your arms

and I could touch the stars

and they all fell down around my head

and you put me to bed

happy

:trisha: :trisha: :trisha:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

People think that she's rich and she is but not how they think but also not how she thinks

I'm rich but not like rich in a way that makes poors mad at me

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Bitch wherr

Can't wait for the audio of the poetry book

Can you say Grammy winner Best Spoken Word

with sketches and drawings by Chuck

and then a movie of the book

Nah if anything we’ll get a text to speech reading of a poems over looped footage from the MAC/VB/HIAB video

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

she is the best. hope she dont listen the ''fas'' and go ahead with the project

I feel the same way. I really want this book :(

Luckily the comments on Instagram are nice so she probably doesn’t see the negativity

i'm gonna be brutally honest here: if that poem is representative of the whole book... she's gonna be ridiculed & called yet another indulgent celeb who thinks talent in one area equals talent in another and who only got published because of her name - and probably rightfully so, sorry to say.

i'm gonna be brutally honest here: if that poem is representative of the whole book... she's gonna be ridiculed & called yet another indulgent celeb who thinks talent in one area equals talent in another and who only got published because of her name - and probably rightfully so, sorry to say.

It is not that bad, chill :rip:

for a lyrics book or something just for fans, sure. but for a book with pretensions of "serious poetry"? oh yes it is.

i don't think she thinks about it as "serious" poetry though, i think it's just a way of self expression for her, and i think that's the main reason she said she just wanted to drop a few copies in some bookshops instead of publishing it properly. i agree that it's not very good poetry, but it's nice to have a sneak peek into her mind  :)

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

for a lyrics book or something just for fans, sure. but for a book with pretensions of "serious poetry"? oh yes it is.

This essentially is just for fans, lets be real. Poets and Poetry fans aren't going to be buying this like hotcakes all over the market (Which isn't that large in the first place :rip: ), if they did I'd be surprised.

I think this is decent. It's confessional esque. I doubt Lana thinks shes Sylvia Plath 2.0 or anything but poetry, like music, is subjective. Her use of certain techniques here leaves a lot to be desired, not that there's any obligation to for ex. have iambic pentameter, a certain rhyme scheme, couplets/quatrains, enjambment/end-stop, etc in 2019. The anaphora about being rich, but not how they think is going to make a lot of people be like "ew" and rightfully so in this one. Still, it has its ups and downs for me. I quite like the long chains about being happy with this person. It does make me want to read more, if for no other reason than to hear more of her tone/style at the end of the day.

I also hope "Violet bent backwards over grass" is a titular poem, because it sounds extra af and I'm here for it.

*edit*

The title is from a longer line -

Violet bent backwards over the Grass,

Seven-years old with dandelions grasped tightly in her hand

She also said

"It's sort of in the vein of deep poetry where anything is allowed and it's totally free-form. Sometimes my pages will end with a couplet, right at the end, but it's mostly free-form." That applies well to this, and its not everyone's cup of tea.

@@AphroditeBaby free-form is indeed not everyone's cup of tea, but my main gripe with this particular poem is that she seems to equate free-form with "anything goes" - meaning, since it's free-form you can do/write anything you like and will eschew criticism just because it's not formal poetry, when in reality it's one of the hardest forms of poetry to write without it turning into blatant copy or cringeworthy cliché. i agree with you & @@Hannus though, this is (afaik) self-published and mostly for fans, but i'm still disappointed by this preview because to be frank i did expect a lot more than this puerile attempt at poetry from a 33yo.

Do you think she'll release the poetry book as LDR or Elizabeth Woolridge Grant?  :flutter:

Elizabeth Woolridge Grant. It just screams "poet/writer" :trisha:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm rich but not like rich in a way that makes poors mad at me

Part 2 leaked :poordat:

I may be rich, but not how you think

I've got lots of knowledge and coats made from mink

My daddy builds websites and I am a singer

The taste of LA is a flavour that lingers

I may be a vegan but sometimes I meet

A grocery list full of such wonderful meats

Like:

1 fish