Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

When did this annoying trend of releasing singles before the album is even done start? We should've left that in 2018.

The album was done. She changed her mind again, though, and decided to redo the album.

giphy.gif

This just in - Lana is adding trap beats to every song, switching all the verses with choruses and adding Stevie Nicks and The Weeknd as a feature to every song!

don't omg

you'll give her ideas

nice cocc bro

I doubt the album was already done in early September. 

She has said it is finished twice now, but Ben said it wasn't completed on IG. Maybe he was referring to the packaging, cover art, etc?

She has said it is finished twice now, but Ben said it wasn't completed on IG. Maybe he was referring to the packaging, cover art, etc?

Maybe if she said it was finished, she meant as in like, history, as in, it's gone, wiped clean hidden in time from memory, and she's just trolling us lol 

UV/Honeymoon

This just in - Lana is adding trap beats to every song, switching all the verses with choruses and adding Stevie Nicks and The Weeknd as a feature to every song!

Lust for Life is QUAKING. All that’s missing is another Sean collab - preferably Cinnamon or HTD :flutter:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Does anyone else feel that HTD is eerily prophetic in a way? Its like her telling us what she will be thinking when she finally does "disappear" from the public eye and gets married. Why else would she write about having "two kids" when she obviously doesn't? This may be a stretch, but I think NFR may be one of her last albums and Lana is therefore finishing the narrative that started in BTD w a happy ending so we won't have to worry about her after she's gone. Thinking of it this way makes her lyrics at the end of the song, "no one's going anywhere," so much more ironic considering she's going to be leaving us soon .. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5030504

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Does anyone else feel that HTD is eerily prophetic in a way? Its like her telling us what she will be thinking when she finally does "disappear" from the public eye and gets married. Why else would she write about having "two kids" when she obviously doesn't? This may be a stretch, but I think NFR may be one of her last albums and Lana is therefore finishing the narrative that started in BTD w a happy ending so we won't have to worry about her after she's gone. Thinking of it this way makes her lyrics at the end of the song, "no one's going anywhere," so much more ironic considering she's going to be leaving us soon .. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5030504

i don't feel prepared to deal with that reality

Yeah, I also think that.

She said it was finished by the end of december (?) and that what was missing was some mixing and stuff (?).

Ben probably was referring to packaging, release date, cover, booklet and stuff with the book so both of them are ready to release at the same time.

That's what I think. We should never have trusted March 22nd, even if it was true, since nothing came from Lana and the same thing has happened with LfL.

Also, I don't think the album is coming on summer. I think it will be released or at the beginning of May or at the end of it. Dunno why

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

i don't feel prepared to deal with that reality

Honestly after this era I kinda feel like Lana prepared us to not care anymore. :awkney: I think I'd be okay with a 5 - 6 year hiatus. She'll come back with loads of stories and melodies and we'll be happy, she'll be happy, everyone will be happy. I feel like Lana wants more from life, and we want more from Lana, especially after this whole I don't give a fuck I do what I do I'll lie and I don't care attitude. I think it would be healthy for her and us. I see no downside. Maybe she'll release the unreleased tracks in HQ as a 10 years after BTD Golden anniversary album or something, along with a DVD of never before seen interviews, all the footage chick filmed, behind the scenes of many beloved music videos, a couple hour long HD concerts, and a few never before heard gems like The Good Life, I Talk To Jesus, Yosemite, Life Is Beautiful, etc. I'm honestly down with the whole idea, even though I know some of you would die from heartbreak.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif