Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I've literally never heard of an artist and her management team having a ball around town while major publications are stating your album is coming out March 29th, and she's not even putting out a public statement regarding that it's no longer happening nor is Ben contacting these publications to edit their articles/spread the news that the date has been changed. It seems really really fucking messy, and kind of like they've got their noses in the air and couldn't give a fuck about us just because they know we'll buy the album. Like I'm actually starting to get ticked off. You can edit and posts photos with your friends where you turn off the comments because you don't care to hear what your very fans have to say/you get angry too easily at us for simple questions while you're currently showing off that you're having fun but can't put out a simple one sentence statement that you lied about the album because you jumped the gun early. Like so fucking unprofessional and honestly kind of arrogant assuming you can mislead the very people who paved the way for you to be able to live your fabulous LA life where you can make music you enjoy with producers you want.

Just remember who got you where you are Miss Rey. Those fancy producers, the stuck up bloggers and Instagram personalities wouldn't even have spit in your direction when you were living in a trailer park getting odd ball jobs on Craigslist trying to make ends meet. It just makes me really mad that she seems so like "whatever, those gays will buy it either way, I don't have to give a fuck". She doesn't owe us anything but do not bite the hands that feed you and show respect to the very people who beg their parents for cash to buy your album, take on extra shifts to see you at your show, travel around the world and spend thousands on airfare just to see you, and more.

We're not asking for the world, we're asking just for a simple statement on your upcoming album that YOU teased too early and released two singles because you said stupid shit and opened your mouth up about your Israel show, which you don't even know half of what's going on in the world because you're too busy buying matcha teas and handcrafted los angeles soaps to be politically moving forward with the rest of the world, even though you preached how woke and open minded you were just to sell your last record and capitalized off of acting like you were up to date and fighting for this world, posting Nina Simone videos saying you will write and reflect the ideas of the current state were in through your music. I'm just fucking tired man it's excuse after excuse after excuse and I'm just over it.

Y'all can read me idgaf but I only spoke truth in this bible length paragraph. I love her to death, but sometimes I don't know if this woman can tell her toes from her fingers. I really hope she takes a break. For everyone including herself.

i see the tea is SCALDING HOT today :eartha:

miss del rey called THE FUCK out lmaoo

p.s. i love you but this should not have been one paragraph <3

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

i see the tea is SCALDING HOT today :eartha:

miss del rey called THE FUCK out lmaoo

p.s. i love you but this should not have been one paragraph <3

I wrote it and blew up over the course of 5 minutes so yeah it's messy I'm sorry lmfao also I still feel bad for what I said :awkney:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

It's easy to know why Lana is being lazy. It is partly because of LA culture, but it's also because Lana doesn't have to 'make it' anymore. She put more effort into her music when she was still trying to breakthrough, and now that she has us in the palm of her hands, she's playing it safe.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Low-key @@Lustrouslines Eiffel Tower idea is really good. There's actually an apartment at the top that Eiffel built for himself!

"When Gustave Eiffel designed his namesake tower, he included a private apartment for himself at the top, which is now available for the public to tour. Eiffel was “the object of general envy” among Parisians during his lifetime, and it wasn't for designing one of the most famous monuments of all time."

I want Lana to rent out the apartment for a month and write an album there. It gives me Lust For Life living in the Hollywood sign vibes :party:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I'm trying to be patient but there is too much bullshit going on. Between the complete disrespect for the fans, who just want the bare minimum like a statement on the album release date, and the overall laziness, I really don't know how long I can stay devoted to her. The lazy vocals, the lackluster production, etc. She sounds bored when she sings now. I still love her voice but it's not the same, like she's barely trying. I'm really over it, and also really sad about it. I know people change, but she could at least keep the passion in her voice when she sings.

I'm sure this album will be nice but I think she lost her spark after Honeymoon. I hope she proves me wrong though.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Well, everything she did and wrote after Honeymoon is indifferent to me.

I love BTD, UV and HM.

I am indifferent to LFL. MAC and Hope feel very indifferent to me too.

However, Venice Bitch was amazing for me. If there is a slight chance that the rest of the albums goes into directions similiar to VB, I'd be happy. But if it's like MAC and Hope, gurl bye.

I've literally never heard of an artist and her management team having a ball around town while major publications are stating your album is coming out March 29th, and she's not even putting out a public statement regarding that it's no longer happening nor is Ben contacting these publications to edit their articles/spread the news that the date has been changed. It seems really really fucking messy, and kind of like they've got their noses in the air and couldn't give a fuck about us just because they know we'll buy the album. Like I'm actually starting to get ticked off. You can edit and posts photos with your friends where you turn off the comments because you don't care to hear what your very fans have to say/you get angry too easily at us for simple questions while you're currently showing off that you're having fun but can't put out a simple one sentence statement that you lied about the album because you jumped the gun early. Like so fucking unprofessional and honestly kind of arrogant assuming you can mislead the very people who paved the way for you to be able to live your fabulous LA life where you can make music you enjoy with producers you want. Just remember who got you where you are Miss Rey. Those fancy producers, the stuck up bloggers and Instagram personalities wouldn't even have spit in your direction when you were living in a trailer park getting odd ball jobs on Craigslist trying to make ends meet. It just makes me really mad that she seems so like "whatever, those gays will buy it either way, I don't have to give a fuck". She doesn't owe us anything but do not bite the hands that feed you and show respect to the very people who beg their parents for cash to buy your album, take on extra shifts to see you at your show, travel around the world and spend thousands on airfare just to see you, and more. We're not asking for the world, we're asking just for a simple statement on your upcoming album that YOU teased too early and released two singles because you said stupid shit and opened your mouth up about your Israel show, which you don't even know half of what's going on in the world because you're too busy buying matcha teas and handcrafted los angeles soaps to be politically moving forward with the rest of the world, even though you preached how woke and open minded you were just to sell your last record and capitalized off of acting like you were up to date and fighting for this world, posting Nina Simone videos saying you will write and reflect the ideas of the current state were in through your music. I'm just fucking tired man it's excuse after excuse after excuse and I'm just over it. Y'all can read me idgaf but I only spoke truth in this bible length paragraph. I love her to death, but sometimes I don't know if this woman can tell her toes from her fingers. I really hope she takes a break. For everyone including herself.

i fucking SCREAMED

also my tongue got burned drinking this tea, goddamn

As I said many many pages before, a book usually takes 2 or 3 months to be ready to get published. At least that's what happened with my two poetry books. And I had no visuals for them. If Lana finished it in January, it's not surprising nothing's done by now, especially if she cares a lot about the visual of the book. So it can even take more than 3 months.

finally, some actual level-headed, factual knowledge

negAbhB.png

tbt :)

tenor.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Not trying to be that person but I'm afraid that Lana hasn't said anything new about Bartender, so honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to watch the song not being in the tracklist (even though she perfomed some parts in the WM intros)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Not trying to be that person but I'm afraid that Lana hasn't said anything new about Bartender, so honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to watch the song not being in the tracklist (even though she perfomed some parts in the WM intros)

We don't know if the WM intro was a song or just an improvisation

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

You'd think by 34 self control would be a given :deadbanana: also I'm reading back my paragraph statement and feel bad about what I said also I'm going to be read to filth and I'm not ready :awkney: I'm glad I got it out of me though

Don’t feel bad, I mean it’s lowkey kinda true! She is a damn mess & is literally like a child at times. Sometimes, I wish she would be on here just to see cause it could be like a wake up call! But Ben over here like “those so called fans” tbh Ben can choke

I try to refrain from constantly mentioning her age because I don't want people to think I'm being ageist, when I'm far from that. I've always found the ageism in this industry -and society in general- disgusting, and I've also always had significantly older friends & partners. I'm not the kind of person who thinks 30 is some kind of advanced age, and anyone over 35 is old as shit. The last thing I want is to come off as a dumb bitch who criticizes the linear passage of time lol. But I'm someone who's big on introspection, self-help, self-improvement, spiritual growth and constant personal progress. A HUGE pet peeve of mine is people who refuse to grow up; that's when you start growing old. The line about "growing down" in her latest poem was probably intended to seem poetically cutesy, but it made me so sad, precisely for this reason. Childishness is not a cute look on anyone who isn't a child. I can't fathom being 3-fucking-4 and acting like that.

I'm not going to lie. I freaked out when I found my first grey hair. When I spotted the first wrinkle. It hurts my soul that my health is deteriorating day by day. But it gives me comfort, that I'm a better person than I was a year, or even a month ago. That I've learned new lessons, hard lessons that I was too weak to handle before. Aging is not fun. But wisdom gives you comfort. Growing old is like sinking into quicksand. But if you never stop growing up, life is like an endless journey. If you keep moving forward, it doesn't feel like you're slowly decaying. Youth is drive. Ambition. The desire to keep rising. It's not mindless self-infantilization and the perpetuation of the same old self-destructive shit you've been on since you were an actual kid. I'm so sick of adult babies. Especially gifted people who are doing themselves a tragic disservice, like Lana.

I've seen way too many brilliant people throw their lives away because they refused to grow the fuck up. Fame exacerbates that immensely. Being surrounded by yes men and enablers who let you get away with everything is unbelievably destructive. I can only hope she wakes up...soon.

(You know, I'm glad I got this out of me too lol )

I just remembered that Lana said she was writing a musical for Broadway :deadbanana:

Honestly I was more excited for this than for NFR, I hope it isn't one of her mentioned once and forgotten for all eternity projects

I understand people don't like Chuck's visuals, but this comment was so rude and uncalled for, like I don't agree with the replies either, but why would you comment that? :toofunny:

Lowkey horrified by these comments... Jokes aside, it feels so wrong to constantly harass her family for info or whatever. I see it on her dad's posts too, like they're people too with their own lives that don't revolve around Lana :(

Hopefully Chuck mentions this to Lana and then she'll finally say something. That's literally all the fans want, just ONE simple statement about the progress of NFR. This could all be avoided if Lana just communicated with fans from time to time.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven