Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The Joe she writes about.... could it be the Joe Schilling she told everyone to stop sending rats to? That she was speculated to have dated??

She said when that happened that the fanbase knows when something is off..

Edit: I could absolutely be reaching, but she seems to have dated him as early as October (she told a fan that she was visiting her boyfriend in Boston that was coaching and it seems liike they could've possibly broken up in October as well. She announced the poetry book in September I believe. Maybe it's possible that we haven't gotten the book yet because she had new things to add and write about. And also, IF the poetry book is somehow linked to NFR, it could affect the release? 

I honestly don't even know if what I'm saying is making sense. I'm so sleep deprived  :toofunny:  

I think theres a good chance thats true, also this part from HTD

Jim met me down at the training yard

Got cuts on his face 'cause he fought too hard

I know he's in over his head

But I love that man like nobody can

He moves mountains and turns them to ground again

And I watched the guys getting high as they fight

For the things that they hold dear

To forget the things they fear

That is probably about Joe and she changed the name to Jim "Moves mountains and" MMA, Joe Schilling is also known as a big stoner as are the guys he trains with so the getting high as they fight has a double meaning like they enjoy fighting but they also get high before fighting. People also said at the time how his friends all followed her on Instagram also so they probably were dating for a small time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z9tgcuvWdA

The Joe she writes about.... could it be the Joe Schilling she told everyone to stop sending rats to? That she was speculated to have dated??

She said when that happened that the fanbase knows when something is off..

Edit: I could absolutely be reaching, but she seems to have dated him as early as October (she told a fan that she was visiting her boyfriend in Boston that was coaching and it seems liike they could've possibly broken up in October as well. She announced the poetry book in September I believe. Maybe it's possible that we haven't gotten the book yet because she had new things to add and write about. And also, IF the poetry book is somehow linked to NFR, it could affect the release? 

I honestly don't even know if what I'm saying is making sense. I'm so sleep deprived  :toofunny:  

The poem says "brown eyes" and Joe Schilling's eyes aren't brown  :creep:

That is probably about Joe and she changed the name to Jim "Moves mountains and" MMA, Joe Schilling is also known as a big stoner as are the guys he trains with. People also said at the time how his friends all followed her on Instagram also.

When I saw her live in December she literally changed Jim to Joe when she was singing HTD. Thank you for pointing that out!

Also, the first time she teased HTD was in October, which is supposedly when they were together and it sounded unfinished (it was just piano and we know that the song has a different instrumental). It was probably partly inspired by him.

We know that she added some extra songs, maybe she wrote a few when they broke up?

Edited by DrunkBeautyQueen

That is probably about Joe and she changed the name to Jim "Moves mountains and" MMA, Joe Schilling is also known as a big stoner as are the guys he trains with so the getting high as they fight has a double meaning like they enjoy fighting but they also get high before fighting. People also said at the time how his friends all followed her on Instagram also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z9tgcuvWdA

in the live she did with Jack in December she sang "Joe met me down at the training yard" so she did change so we stop harassing Joe on Instagram

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

The poem "Never to Heaven" is something you would *never* see as an inspirational "commercial" break on Hillsong TV. It is a not-so-quietly existential poem (aka, the big sadness?). I wonder if Joe is both a particular person she likes and/or a generic significant other (e.g., Joe Everyman aka Average Joe).

the comments r getting more and more brutal surprised she didnt turn them off

Lana: "There are things you still don’t know about me like sometimes I’m afraid my sadness is too big" 

Comments: "release the album bitch"

I'm not sure what she was expecting to happen  :toofunny: 

The photos she posted look like they're printed on the same paper as the poem that's what the 'effect' is that someone mentioned a couple of pages back

Which would suggest printing is definitely underway maybe that's from a prototype she got

Cute poem but I just want some damn album news ffs

Oh my god guys maybe the theory about the Norman Rockwell estate opposing the album title is true.

This is his granddaughter  :deadbanana:

xnwVrwa.png

af6npe9u40z11.jpg

giphy.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Oh my god guys maybe the theory about the Norman Rockwell estate opposing the album title is true.

This is his granddaughter :deadbanana:

xnwVrwa.png

af6npe9u40z11.jpg

What is bugging me about the whole Rockwell estate being against the title is that Lana stated she had the title in mind last March and announced it in September: and yet nobody in her management or at Interscope said anything before that???! Plus they issued, with universal, the press release in January for Hope, with the album title, while they still were in talkings with the Rockwell estate?!? Isn’t it someone’s job at Interscope to make sure The title would be ok with everyone?!?

Is there a chance that Norman's family aren't on board with the title but can't legally do anything about it? I'm sure they would take action if they could, but maybe something is stopping them? Remember you can't copyright names in the US so maybe the delay is due to Norman's family fighting with it some other way? I have no idea...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

What is bugging me about the whole Rockwell estate being against the title is that Lana stated she had the title in mind last March and announced it in September: and yet nobody in her management or at Interscope said anything before that???! Plus they issued, with universal, the press release in January for Hope, with the album title, while they still were in talkings with the Rockwell estate?!? Isn’t it someone’s job at Interscope to make sure The title would be ok with everyone?!?

I mean they let her release Get Free and that clearly wasn't ok with everyone  :creep:

This is his granddaughter  :deadbanana:

xnwVrwa.png

af6npe9u40z11.jpg

oh SHIT she really came for her

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

im assuming his family can be annoyed but they legally cant do anything so her label wants her to change it maybe just for respect and shes like nah fuck u and norman

I never was a fan of the album title and thought it was a little tasteless. I wonder if it will be changed because of this.

Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have-But I Have It album title confirmed 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Poor Lana. Can't even culturally appropriate her own culture. I wouldn't mind her changing the name to Norman Rocking Fuckwell (as somebody may have suggested way back), but I think that would make the estate feel worse actually. She could put BAR on it (if NFR, the song, is not BAR), and then call the album BAR. I'd go for that and possibly a slight rewording of NFR, if that's a distinct song (i.e., no song should be left behind).