Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Abigail deleted the tweet and liked a reply saying it’s not a criticism of Norman, but supposedly a concept record discussing the male ego.

I imagined this would happen. Reading "Norman Fucking Rockwell" makes you think she's taking a dig at him but Lana made it clear the title is more like "this guy thinks too much of himself he thinks he's norman fucking rockwell or sum" and that concept is great tbh  :smokes: hope she doesn't change it

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

That tweet is old like September...She’s performed and released songs since then. I’m telling you guys it’s other artists and this poetry book. She has shows lined up in the summer. We know she likes summer releases or end of. To me it!s obviously not shelved and coming. We are just Impatient.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

It probably isn’t but imagine if those pictures she’s posting before and after Never to Heaven are part of the album cover??

I bet they'll make up part of the liner notes

Y'all keep saying you "can't copyright" a name. You're confusing copyright with trademark, and they're not the same thing. People can trademark their name (Kim Kardashian, Christina Aguilera, basically any celebrity). People can trademark expressions ("That's hot!" "let's get ready to rumble"). Tim Tebow has even trademarked "tebowing" and that's an action!

I've warned you before and i'll do it again, because you didn't believe me, and then someone went and turned it into an April Fool's joke:

NORMAN ROCKWELL IS TRADEMARKED.

The Rockwell family is threatening to sue Interscope if they release the album with the name without their approval, or without an (exorbitant) payment for the use of the name.  Lana won't change the name, and Interscope won't release it unless she changes the name, because they don't want to pay any licenses to use the name because the licenses they want will eat up all the profits of what they expect to make from album sales.

The album is mastered and ready to go otherwise.

Bye, Felicias (again).

Wait can someone post what she said? My computer doesn't let me click on attachments like that

also why are none of her albums on spotify anymore... I'm-

It was like “jack Kerouac didn’t have to name a book t.s. fucking Elliot to be cool Lana so get off Norman’s back” I paraphrased because I can’t remEmber exactly and don’t feel like going back.

Her albums are on my Spotify, what country are you in?

LIZARD PEOPLE

Y'all keep saying you "can't copyright" a name. You're confusing copyright with trademark, and they're not the same thing. People can trademark their name (Kim Kardashian, Christina Aguilera, basically any celebrity). People can trademark expressions ("That's hot!" "let's get ready to rumble"). Tim Tebow has even trademarked "tebowing" and that's an action!

I've warned you before and i'll do it again, because you didn't believe me, and then someone went and turned it into an April Fool's joke:

NORMAN ROCKWELL IS TRADEMARKED.

The Rockwell family is threatening to sue Interscope if they release the album with the name without their approval, or without an (exorbitant) payment for the use of the name.  Lana won't change the name, and Interscope won't release it unless she changes the name, because they don't want to pay any licenses to use the name because the licenses they want will eat up all the profits of what they expect to make from album sales.

The album is mastered and ready to go otherwise.

Bye, Felicias (again).

If it's trademarked then how come that other band made a song and titled it 'Norman Rockwell'??

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven