Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Y'all keep saying you "can't copyright" a name. You're confusing copyright with trademark, and they're not the same thing. People can trademark their name (Kim Kardashian, Christina Aguilera, basically any celebrity). People can trademark expressions ("That's hot!" "let's get ready to rumble"). Tim Tebow has even trademarked "tebowing" and that's an action!

I've warned you before and i'll do it again, because you didn't believe me, and then someone went and turned it into an April Fool's joke:

NORMAN ROCKWELL IS TRADEMARKED.

The Rockwell family is threatening to sue Interscope if they release the album with the name without their approval, or without an (exorbitant) payment for the use of the name.  Lana won't change the name, and Interscope won't release it unless she changes the name, because they don't want to pay any licenses to use the name because the licenses they want will eat up all the profits of what they expect to make from album sales.

The album is mastered and ready to go otherwise.

Bye, Felicias (again).

Who are you? Tell me your insider secrets  :usrs:

You can use a trademarked name with permission, but idk if that’s the cause of the album delay lmao

I mean...surely Lana got permission. Interscope are a huge label, they must have asked first. If not, then I don't see why Lana can't give royalties to the estate. It's not like it would leave her poor :lel:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Y'all keep saying you "can't copyright" a name. You're confusing copyright with trademark, and they're not the same thing. People can trademark their name (Kim Kardashian, Christina Aguilera, basically any celebrity). People can trademark expressions ("That's hot!" "let's get ready to rumble"). Tim Tebow has even trademarked "tebowing" and that's an action!

I've warned you before and i'll do it again, because you didn't believe me, and then someone went and turned it into an April Fool's joke:

NORMAN ROCKWELL IS TRADEMARKED.

The Rockwell family is threatening to sue Interscope if they release the album with the name without their approval, or without an (exorbitant) payment for the use of the name.  Lana won't change the name, and Interscope won't release it unless she changes the name, because they don't want to pay any licenses to use the name because the licenses they want will eat up all the profits of what they expect to make from album sales.

The album is mastered and ready to go otherwise.

Bye, Felicias (again).

Nice fanfic

https://i.imgur.com/69QvxSN.jpg

If it's trademarked then how come that other band made a song and titled it 'Norman Rockwell'??

If the whole estate issue is the case then it could be because of Lana’s popularity and exposure! What was that other bands name, I don’t even remember and I’m sure they wouldn’t be getting as much publicity as Lana. It could have flown under the radar and the “fucking” part may be an issue.

I’ve hypothesized the whole estate holding it back before and it is believable but at the same time I don’t fucking know anymore lol! It could be any of the reasons we’ve gone over or a combination of diff ones.

Once finally released and the album cycle has been completed I look forward to interviews in the future that enlighten the whole workings of this slow album release! Kind of like the Dan interview about UV! Hopefully we get some insight cause I’m sure there is a lot happening behind the scenes!

Nice fanfic part 2

https://i.imgur.com/0FGgnKw.jpg

Didn't give LanaBoards name to not cause unnecessary attention on the forum

Another theory down the drain!

Y'all can go back to your Eclipse hating album begging shite

Wow thank you! just must be Lana's stubbornness and this poetry book, or interscope

That's probably not even really NR's granddaughter but go off I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nice fanfic part 2

And you can go back to sulking and insulting LB on Twitter sweetie

tenor.gif?itemid=13482186

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Nice fanfic part 2

if it's any consolation, i don't hate you

giphy.gif

You gays are so wishy washy. One minute we're dragging Eclipse for being a pedophile, the next you're kissing his feet bc of a few (probably faked) screenshots.

giphy.gif

excuse me but what?

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I’d love to hear HTD has an extended outro with Lana adlibbing on the end like VB. That Instagram live vid where she sings “Shake that ass baby... what you gonna do about it babe... sing about it like you mean...” I need that to be in the final track

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole