Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Songs like Heroin had comparisons to UV, but that doesn’t compare to NFR

And NFR has California which is forever being dubbed as a UV throwback 

and what about it

Yeah, that's my point. The album version is terrible. Single version is far better. 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I looove HIAB, but my only problem with it is that it feels like she mashed up two songs together, it also sounds like an acoustic version of Wait For Life by the dearly departed Emile Haynie

And NFR has California which is forever being dubbed as a UV throwback

Yeah, but it suits NFR as a body of work. Heroin doesn’t make sense on an album that has a song like Groupie Love or Coachella. My original point was that NFR is a step in the right direction because even though you may not like the references or elements she uses of her past work, she’s trying *some* new things (there were whole blocks of posts crying about the lack of bridges on these new songs), so it’s unfair to make the claim that she’s not doing anything new or claim it’s a compilation album like LFL when it’s not.

I just wanna say I take back what I said about How to Disappear. The piano version still outsold but

holy fucking shit that bridge instrumental. When I say I ascended

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I looove HIAB, but my only problem with it is that it feels like she mashed up two songs together, it also sounds like an acoustic version of Wait For Life by the dearly departed Emile Haynie

Omg I haven’t listened to this song in forever. Somehow my mind always skips over Wait For Life, Big Eyes and I Can Fly

gonna go listen to these soon now thank u king!

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Yeah, but it suits NFR as a body of work. Heroin doesn’t make sense on an album that has a song like Groupie Love or Coachella. My original point was that NFR is a step in the right direction because even though you may not like the references or elements she uses of her past work, she’s trying *some* new things (there were whole blocks of posts crying about the lack of bridges on these new songs), so it’s unfair to make the claim that she’s not doing anything new or claim it’s a compilation album like LFL when it’s not.

I do agree with you that it is a step in the right direction after LFL, and most artists do have slumps, so I consider it normal to say the least. But I don't think there is anything particularly new happening sonically in a majority of the songs and certainly not a lot of vocal variation going on either which, yes, can make Lana's songs pretty dull without the bridges. 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I just wanna say I take back what I said about How to Disappear. The piano version still outsold but

holy fucking shit that bridge instrumental. When I say I ascended

I love the bridge so much. The beats are just unnecessary. Someone better leak the piano demo.

I do agree with you that it is a step in the right direction after LFL, and most artists do have slumps, so I consider it normal to say the least. But I don't think there is anything particularly new happening sonically in a majority of the songs and certainly not a lot of vocal variation going on either which, yes, can make Lana's songs pretty dull without the bridges.

Hmm, interesting point.

I love that she went into a completely different lane after LFL it does feel like a departure from that sound and I can't complain about that! But I feel like she'll stick with Jack for her next record, like I'm pretty sure she's already working on her follow up, and for some reason that makes me sad. I feel like Jack is sooo basic.

Cinnamun, in my ___________ . ? gretim5.gif

Urethra

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I love that she went into a completely different lane after LFL it does feel like a departure from that sound and I can't complain about that! But I feel like she'll stick with Jack for her next record, like I'm pretty sure she's already working on her follow up, and for some reason that makes me sad. I feel like Jack is sooo basic.

disagree but i appreciate this take anyways

giphy.gif