Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Didn't listen to the leak, but a quick search allowed me to find it on YouTube, WHAT IS THAT VERSION OF FIILY?!?! 
PLEASE TELL ME THIS WONT BE ON MY ADORED PINK VINYL!!!!
Everything interesting in the single's production is just so absent... 

I love that she went into a completely different lane after LFL it does feel like a departure from that sound and I can't complain about that! But I feel like she'll stick with Jack for her next record, like I'm pretty sure she's already working on her follow up, and for some reason that makes me sad. I feel like Jack is sooo basic.

Same. Very happy to hear the cheap beats that infested LFL are mostly gone. This album is definitely more organic and more quintessential Lana. More of an ode to herself than the world around her. I prefer that, and prefer artists writing from a more self-indulgent point of view in general. & Lana is better than restricting herself to Jack only, I mean, that is so limiting. She's in a good place to work with some major talent outside of his world, so I hope she ventures out so she's working alongside someone else other than him.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Yeah, but it suits NFR as a body of work. Heroin doesn’t make sense on an album that has a song like Groupie Love or Coachella. My original point was that NFR is a step in the right direction because even though you may not like the references or elements she uses of her past work, she’s trying *some* new things (there were whole blocks of posts crying about the lack of bridges on these new songs), so it’s unfair to make the claim that she’s not doing anything new or claim it’s a compilation album like LFL when it’s not.

as much as i love heroin and don't really care about cohesiveness in an album i've always been struck by how thematically out of place it feels

From your kiss

Syphilis Girl :flutter:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Same. Very happy to hear the cheap beats that infested LFL are mostly gone. This album is definitely more organic and more quintessential Lana. More of an ode to herself than the world around her. I prefer that, and prefer artists writing from a more self-indulgent point of view in general. & Lana is better than restricting herself to Jack only, I mean, that is so limiting. She's in a good place to work with some major talent outside of his world, so I hope she ventures out so she's working alongside someone else other than him.

If you know anything production wise you would know that the beats in LFL are not "cheap". It's a very well produced album 

If you know anything production wise you would know that the beats in LFL are not "cheap". It's a very well produced album 

Coachella is not well produced and nothing you say will convince me otherwise :rip: 

update:

i ended up going to the cute little local record shop today and bought my copy. now i'm at verve coffee & listening to it.

it's beautiful.

tumblr_pwwz1qEx271qjbgzqo1_1280.jpg

I don’t know what it is about the font but it makes this post so sweet and cute. Pls know that I love u.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Coachella is not well produced and nothing you say will convince me otherwise :rip:

Not liking the way something is produced and something being well produced are different things. Coachella is also produced very well.

California and happiness are my current favs! I love the energy you get when the "don't be a jerk" part comes after the pre/chorus in happiness

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Not liking the way something is produced and something being well produced are different things. Coachella is also produced very well.

It's badly produced, period. Coachella is garageband trash 

holy shit just listened again 

jack's voice at the end makes me weak  :defeated:  i think that's what he probably said to her right after she laid the vocals for the outro

love song is coma inducing

I remember everyone sharing their hope that it'll "omg, it's going to BURST into a psychedelic WARFARE like Venice Bitch u guys!!! WOW..." now it's "omg, I love how subdued it is" :rip:

The denial process :rip: