Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

lust For life was nominated for a Grammy

I'd hope the Grammys wouldn't have to stoop to affirmative action, it's so pathetic how they've gone from being hard to get acclaimed rewards (to my knowledge) to then giving the most mediocre and basic artists grammys based on sales/fad fame- snubbing women and PoC..only to now have to (seemingly, to many viewers it'll be seen as such) push for PoC & Women to win more awards they SHOULD'VE been winning; only to make them seem more diverse and woke

Agree

Maybe if she actually incorporated the Henry Mancini intro into the song and the overall production didn’t sound as cheap as it does then I would agree but until then...

GET FREE >>> 13 LEECHES

:hooker:

I reported you to the FBI, the PETA, and the Stonewall association. Enjoy the banging on your door

ZKcaooE.png

there's this one singer Marianne Faithfull- idk her n she's older n v ballad heavy but i jus saw a song preview that seemed intriguing, n the tracklist for her upcoming album seems like something Lana herself would have for this record or something into the far future..lowkey this is the song/style I see her making years from now, lyricism and all

Negative Capability

01 “Misunderstanding”
02 “The Gypsy Faerie Queen”
03 “As Tears Go By”
04 “In My Own Particular Way”
05 “Born To Live”
06 “Witches Song”
07 “It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue”
08 “They Come At Night”
09 “Don’t Go”
10 “No Moon In Paris”
11 “Loneliest Person”

"And wears a crown of Rowan berries on her brow

And I follow, follow, follow
The gypsy faerie queen
We exist, exist, exist
In the twilight in-between

She bears a blackthorn staff
To help her in her walking
I only listen to her sing
But I never hear her talking
Anymore
Though once she did
Though once she did"

there's this one singer Marianne Faithfull- idk her n she's older n v ballad heavy but i jus saw a song preview that seemed intriguing, n the tracklist for her upcoming album seems like something Lana herself would have for this record or something into the far future..lowkey this is the song/style I see her making years from now, lyricism and all

Negative Capability

01 “Misunderstanding”

02 “The Gypsy Faerie Queen”

03 “As Tears Go By”

04 “In My Own Particular Way”

05 “Born To Live”

06 “Witches Song”

07 “It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue”

08 “They Come At Night”

09 “Don’t Go”

10 “No Moon In Paris”

11 “Loneliest Person”

"And wears a crown of Rowan berries on her brow

And I follow, follow, follow

The gypsy faerie queen

We exist, exist, exist

In the twilight in-between

She bears a blackthorn staff

To help her in her walking

I only listen to her sing

But I never hear her talking

Anymore

Though once she did

Though once she did"

Marianne is probably my favorite singer (other than Lana) and I can totally see what you mean! 

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Marianne is probably my favorite singer (other than Lana) and I can totally see what you mean! 

like, "Born To Live" and "Witches Song" is obviously where comparisons could be made, but i can easily see Lana sliding into tracks like "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" & "No Moon In Paris"

it got me thinking, we've seen her inspirations when she's in NY, Southwest, LA, London

i'd love to hear a record if she were to spend time in Italy & France...if it'd be modern night-jazz or something more along the lines of 'Salvatore'. it could be heavily stylized n romantic, with an overarching nocturnal yes warm tone

I've literally had this on repeat for hours now. I can't even remember the last time I was this obsessed with a new Lana song; probably back when Honeymoon came out and I discovered The Blackest Day.

The last song that had this much replay value was the good sis TBD, it's really incredible, she didn't have to snap this hard on VB  :lange:

Great minds think alike etc.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I was browsing through Metacritic to see if there was results for MAC and VB and there isn't but I noticed something; Lana's user score is basically exactly the general consensus around here if I'm not mistaken. Although 74 for UV is plan and simple homophobic

wvhxb.png

ZKcaooE.png

I was browsing through Metacritic to see if there was results for MAC and VB and there isn't but I noticed something; Lana's user score is basically exactly the general consensus around here if I'm not mistaken. Although 74 for UV is plan and simple homophobic

wvhxb.png

She's coming for a 90 this era, n'est-ce pas?  :yesnod:

I'm so happy for the universal, GALACTIC acclaim she's getting 

This is what happens when you try something new! Papa Nowels found dead in a ditch. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.