Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

VB is better than certain tracks of LFL. But to say it's better than all is unrealistic to me. Especially when it comes down to lyrics.

"Fear fun ,Fear love. Fresh out of fucks forever Trying to be stronger for you" <<<< "Finally I'm crossing the threshold from the ordinary world to the reveal of my heart"

nah its better than the entire album.

even the best song on LFL (13 Beaches) has basic beats and instrumentals that sound like they were made in garage band. for me instrumentals and harmonies are way more important than lyrics

VB is better than certain tracks of LFL. But to say it's better than all is unrealistic to me. Especially when it comes down to lyrics.

"Fear fun ,Fear love. Fresh out of fucks forever Trying to be stronger for you" <<<< "Finally I'm crossing the threshold from the ordinary world to the reveal of my heart"

Yes and no. If we’re comparing lines of lyrics, sure, but instrumentally and melodically, she has improved. Big time.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Yes and no. If we’re comparing lines of lyrics, sure, but instrumentally and melodically, she has improved. Big time.

I agree MAC and VB have better melodies than anything on LFL. Everything else is just a matter of taste and opinion. i guess.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I can’t wait for Norman Fucking Rockwell to be released so I can delete the singles and keep the whole record together

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

get free has the most boring and basic instrumental on any lana song.

its literally just a simple beat and then it breaks into what she practically does on the lfl song and then it goes into an annoying part with a barber shop quartet piano and beat

and the lyrics aren't even good either

tbh the more I think about LFL the more I think it was very much //intentionally// all over the place because its "for the fans", where as we're used to records that are "for herself", that carve out a beautiful, cohesive work of art. LFL didn't do that. But what LFL did do was celebrate her fans that have supported her and in turn create an album with a pretty diverse range of songs that all were reminiscent of different past sounds she's explored, as if to appeal to all the fans that are fans of different albums. Like we got songs that sounded like BTD inspired, UV inspired, etc. She got some collaborations in there for those of ya who wanted to see guests on her songs like other popular artists have. I like that she was passionate enough to include some songs that touched on politics, and that touched on her past and moving to a better state of mind and wanting to bring her fans along w her. I feel like the album is meant to be like a celebration of her career til now in a way, but... that said, a lot of it does fall flat! 

Jesus I wrote an essay. anyway Heroin, Change & Get Free are the holy trinity, NFR is gonna be her best record ever, leak TNC demo!  :defeated:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Get Free is an overrated mess. Venice Bitch is her best song in years.

Ummmm sis you're on thin ice :oprah3:

get free has the most boring and basic instrumental on any lana song.

its literally just a simple beat and then it breaks into what she practically does on the lfl song and then it goes into an annoying part with a barber shop quartet piano and beat

and the lyrics aren't even good either

Reported. Thank You.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Get Free frustrates me because it just doesn't live up to it's potential, it could be a really powerful and fun song but some of the lyrics don't make sense and that cheapens it and it doesn't stay interesting. VB switches it up and the lyrics stay poetic and interesting throughout 10 minutes, Cruel World and Honeymoon can't relate sadly

I mean, she really didn’t serve any impressive vocals on those tracks either, nothing different enough to be memorable. Those vocals on VB are really cool lol

giphy.gif

Get Free frustrates me because it just doesn't live up to it's potential, it could be a really powerful and fun song but some of the lyrics don't make sense and that cheapens it and it doesn't stay interesting. VB switches it up and the lyrics stay poetic and interesting throughout 10 minutes, Cruel World and Honeymoon can't relate sadly

10 minutes?  :eartha: More like ~3, after that the rest is mostly the guitar lol

I wonder if she’s closing this album out with a cover again or not. Idk what she’s cover

giphy.gif

10 minutes?  :eartha: More like ~3, after that the rest is mostly the guitar lol

Yes guitar with new sounds being interpolated and a beautiful bridge, the last half of the song is just as good as the first

I prefer get free to both of the new tracks, but that's just my taste. Abou Venice bitch, I love the song alot, but I'm still not completely sure how I feel about the guitar parts of Venice bitch, the whole thing still needs to sink in with me, including the album title, it feels like we got all this info and huge change in Lana's sound and persona so suddenly lol.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m