Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Seriously, imagine their voices together on a cinematic ballad.

it'd sound v bad

Interscope wont let her release in January-February since sales are dead - especially today and her success is driven by sales and not streams unfortunately. I expect the album to come out in March - June.

Which is complete speculation and tbh, bullshit. Born To Die released in January. She’s been one of the leading most streamed women in the US on Spotify, what are you talking about?

how do u listen to it for 20hrs in a day omg

That would be 200x a day. 20x in a day would be about 5-6 hours lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

the systemic dimensions of math and listening times are too profound for me whew i am a dumbass 

i honestly think i thought vb was 1hr long a track..gosh

I just hope Talking Like An Answering Machine will see the light of day. It just intrigues me

the title being an absolute mess just makes it so mysterious...is it horrific or is it a potential top20 of her discography...with such a title what is the lyrical content? even if the theme is basic (for lana) "answering machine" implies the lyrical choices are something she hasn't used in a while, like forcibly retro...her mind, a maze

low-key I would really really really like to see the intro to White Mustang that she sang on the LATTM tour worked into something on the album, I still have that melody stuck in my head.

maybe I, I don't care, into you, in the air
what's there to do but try when you're passing time?
all the things that you said going round in my head

don't really matter much, I'm just killing tiiiiiiiiiiime

pretty sure it was a freestyle though but let a bitch dream!  :defeated:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

it's only about 3-3,5 hours actually... not that it matters though  :creep:  

but it's the same with me, it's on repeat all day, it feels wrong to listen to anything else, she was so right when she said it's a september song, it really is 

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

Maybe it's just bc summer's ending and all, but I'd really like to see what she can come up with if she combined some lingering summer feelings (last sunsets, driving while the skies'r purple, like laserbeam highly saturated colors) to then incorporate winter somehow, with softer tones, heavy on grey, some snow, lots of pastels. 

It's sort of like when you just know that everything's getting colder, that feeling, but the sun's still out and you're waiting for it to. Or like having a day without rain or snow after weeks of it, enjoying the warmth of the sun on your face while your breath still mists the outside. 

Then light green and how it echoes in the lights of subways, pepto bismol pink colored tiles in the shower. How the light chases you while you're driving away from sunsets, and you see the skies turn to a violent tangerine glow, and everyone's headlights start turning on, contrasted to how dark the asphalt is. Sharing smiles in the car. 

Listening to guitar heavy tracks, and soft jazzed voices. The frames of seeing someone's eyes all lit up through their back view mirror. Heated pools. The feeling of your last thoughts underwater til you run out of air and end up with a headache when you climb up from it. Rosie'd cheeks from the cold. Letting your hair fly free when the wind gets too wild. Shaggy, ambiguous continently-shaped rugs all soft contrasting to the tiles on the fireplace, rock walls and glass sliding doors, waking up in the late afternoon.

I wonder and wanna know how Lana's new record might be able to supplement that.

UV/Honeymoon

MAC AND TO A GREATER EXTENT VENICE BITCH (SPELLED IN FULL DUE TO SUPERIORITY) EXEMPLIFY THE CALIFORNIA LANA I NEVER KNEW I NEEDED.

CRIMSON AND CLOVER, HONEY.

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

Still can't get into VB. I just don't like her vocals and the melody (you know, the one during the first 2-3 minutes of the track) is so ... not my thing. Really annoys me.

MAC on the other hand grew on me a lot!

And I'm sooo excited for another artistic vanity project a la Honeymoon (as long as not all lyrics are as tumblr-esque as the ones on Venice BIAAATCH)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I wasn’t sure about Venice Bitch on first listen, but fell in love by second listen. Now I’ve listened to it like 50 times and I’m starting to get sick of it, so I’m just pulling out her unreleased stuff to tide me over. I haven’t played a Lana song this much since West Coast. I wasn’t expecting much from Antanoff, so I’m extremely pleasantly surprised. Lana is so damn versatile.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Maybe it's just bc summer's ending and all, but I'd really like to see what she can come up with if she combined some lingering summer feelings (last sunsets, driving while the skies'r purple, like laserbeam highly saturated colors) to then incorporate winter somehow, with softer tones, heavy on grey, some snow, lots of pastels. 

unless lana's about to leave LA, i doubt she'll experience what you describe as ~winter or even snow there.

i76mrxw.png 

It's sort of like when you just know that everything's getting colder, that feeling, but the sun's still out and you're waiting for it to. Or like having a day without rain or snow after weeks of it, enjoying the warmth of the sun on your face while your breath still mists the outside. 

Then light green and how it echoes in the lights of subways, pepto bismol pink colored tiles in the shower. How the light chases you while you're driving away from sunsets, and you see the skies turn to a violent tangerine glow, and everyone's headlights start turning on, contrasted to how dark the asphalt is. Sharing smiles in the car. 

Listening to guitar heavy tracks, and soft jazzed voices. The frames of seeing someone's eyes all lit up through their back view mirror. Heated pools. The feeling of your last thoughts underwater til you run out of air and end up with a headache when you climb up from it. Rosie'd cheeks from the cold. Letting your hair fly free when the wind gets too wild. Shaggy, ambiguous continently-shaped rugs all soft contrasting to the tiles on the fireplace, rock walls and glass sliding doors, waking up in the late afternoon.

That was such a lovely read, almost made me tear up. Your mind!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I stan

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over