Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I usually have a playlist on on my drive home every night but tonight I just listened to Venice Bitch on repeat and I loved every second of it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The “one Dream one life one lover” melody and shimmering synths....ART

How was she producing stink bombs like Coachella and white mustang less than 2 years ago when she can stuff like this

Cause those song were RUSHED. She didn't put a lot of effort in some LFL tracks imo, but they're still good (not Coachella)

I'm wondering abt something, when LFL went out everyone thought it was happy Lana, but these two songs seem like, I don't wanna say "drawback" but back to something that can be associated to sadness. I hope that ppl don't get too like "yas lana mawma make me cry yas", and most importantly I hope critics don't bash her for always being the depressing music one, bc HM and LFL had a good rhythm going on and this just comes and gets a lot stripped back and melancholic

Meloncholic doesnt have to equal depressing though.

Meloncholic doesnt have to equal depressing though.

True. Kinda like how Video Games was not a sad song, but it sounds melancholic and somewhat bittersweet

And I like that VB is a happy song, but it feels very nostalgic and reflective. I feel like going on a solo journey after hearing that song

nF70D0F.png

'Venice Bitch' now has a very special place in my Lana playlist because just today I decided to play it during the trip back from my family's favorite restaurant to my house and the trip took exactly 10 minutes  :flutter:  I enjoyed it a lot, it put me in a very very good mood.

I had decided to give another chance to lust for life(as a whole record) but the release of MAC and VB only made me dislike it even more although I love some classics from there..(and not because they are new music,but i think the quality difference is obvious imo)

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Venice Beach is 9minutes 36 seconds.  It is NOT 9:41.  

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

actually i take back what i said, she needs to cover a RHCP song and i’ll die happy. lana is the only other artist that can compare to rhcp when it comes to a love of california

girl why did u change your beautiful lana avi to those weird glittery dildos for??

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e