Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

VB AN MAC have been incredible. This new album announcement was so unexpected and is happening so fast. I love it so far. Giving me flashbacks  :creep:  :defeated: .

She is such a little troll. I can always count on Lana's music, but her artistic decisions with her sister...  :toofunny:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I wonder if it will be a Tropico style thing with like a 30 minute video of 4/5 songs added together? possibly happiness is a butterfly since the butterflies are in clips?

There's gonna be more than 11 tracks. I think it's gonna turn out to be either 13 or 14 like Honeymoon was; we know how much she loves to add new songs last minute

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

There's gonna be more than 11 tracks. I think it's gonna turn out to be either 13 or 14 like Honeymoon was; we know how much she loves to add new songs last minute

I hope so too. VB should count as 2 songs, so the album basically has at least 12 songs on it. ;)

I wonder how many songs she makes or even comes up with but maybe only records little demos in an average month, she seems to constantly be working or trying to come up with new music and writing so I could definitely see 2/3 songs she hasn't even thought about yet making it.

exactly, like if LFL wasn't her mainstream success? the headlining festivals? the tour that grossed 45 million? the NUMBER 1 album she gained recently... how ignorant can someone be to say that interscope will drop lana. making it seem as if she's been living under a rock with her art/albums and not trying to be out there. seriously though she has all the right to turn to a more stripped back, low budget album with uniqueness to the concept.

This is absolutely true...albeit we don't see LfL as a huge record, it was insanely big for her career in terms of the acclaim it got- especially for being in her 30s (an agist curse for musicians in the modern age it seems) AND it being ~7yrs into her career. Like fuck not even BtD got a grammy nomination...but LfL did.

It even gave her another 100mil video which i don't think there's been one since pre-UV? I could be wrong but to try and say things that infer Lana hasn't done anything is so fucking stupid and ignorant :rip: 100mil view video, headlining festivals, plethora of magazine shoots, she basically shut down Brazil by herself alone, iirc people at Camp Flog Gnaw said her show was the most hyped with many people being there solely for her, a fucking grammy nomination, she won the ASCAP songwriters award, one of her most critically acclaimed albums, like fuck..

on top of that so many artists selling more than her would still kill to be her, she doesn't have chart acclaim but she has one of, if not the most dedicated fanbases- this isn't even to mention how highly she's respected within the industry. You can quite literally not find any other artist in the world right now (that isn't a "new" artist) that is loved by every artist from Stevie to Courtney to Lou Reed to Kanye to Taylor, Lorde, fucking Adele, Leonard Cohen's estate...I can't think of a single musician that isn't influenced or doesn't have at least some respect for her

all that in those pink jelly shoes and levi's

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the structure of Venice Bitch?

Verse 1

Chorus

Post-Chorus

Verse 2

Chorus

Post-Chorus

Bridge

Chorus (Variation)

Verse 3

Chorus (ANOTHER Variation)

Verse 4

ANOTHER Bridge

Guitar Solo

Verse 4 AGAIN

Outro

ANOTHER Guitar Solo

ANOTHER Outro

She is such a fucking genius! 

it's so fucking perfect and complex :defeated: and her label wanted a 3 minute pop record with 2 verses, 3 choruses, and a bridge huh :rip:

This makes me so emo. NYC to LA, girl to woman, legend to goddess

DncFUqAU0AE3qpL.jpg

I had this as my lockscreen for a good 6-7months, it invokes such a raw feeling of isolation and sadness, it looks straight out of some rundown 60s apartment, but it's from the late 2000s..just wow

Me, myself, I like diamonds

My baby, crimson and clover.

This. This is one of my favorite lyrics she's ever written, it's so simple but the melody is incredible

and the diamonds calls back to Lana's glamorous early direction with high stakes high love ideologies from BtD n HM; whereas the crimson & clover is not only a reference to a vintage song, but comes across to her more earthy raw side we got with UV and 1/2 of LfL

fuck i want it tattooed onto my brain

i really wasn't expecting to be enamored by Venice Bitch this much

It assumed because it was a lengthy song I would hardly touch it and it's basically been on repeat for me

Venice Bitch is West Coast's older, longer, more mature sister.

Oh no! If its footage from a longer project and the girls in the video are miming Happiness Is A Butterfly... Does that mean Happiness Is A Butterfly alive and breathing?  :facepalm:

If HiaB gets released and has something to do with this 'longer project', then I'm sure it's gonna be amazing. The snipped of HiaB was a lil basic lyric wise but it was a cute song. If Lana reworked it with Jack it's probs gonna be way better than the snippet she posted. The lyrics of MAC and Venice Bitch are so good, a song with the lyrics "Happiness is a Butterfly, try to catch it like every night" wouldn't fit in.

qfrWuBl.png

So Chuck Grant is the visual director of this whole era.. just like she worked with multiple high-class directors in BTD era, Anthony Mandler & H&M team for Paradise, Rich (Generic) Lee for L4L & now Chuck Fucking Grant for Norman Fucking Rockwell. Queen of nepotism & downgrading her visuals.