Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The only thing that kinda annoys me is she has dropped 2 singles from an 11 song album within a week of each other, and then says there "may" be another single in October but other than that it doesn't look like she plans to put anything else out before the album early next year? Which would be fine for any other artist but we all know that if she doesn't release anything in October she will go completely silent for a few months..... let's just hope she adds more songs to the album in the meantime tbh

FzytWEW.png

This makes me so emo. NYC to LA, girl to woman, legend to goddess

DncFUqAU0AE3qpL.jpgDncFZNpUYAA694W.jpg

Wow, that first old photo is great, she looks so hot 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

People saying Lana should snip off the song after 3min and I'm like honestly if it started at 6:06 I would still be happy with the song

The only thing that kinda annoys me is she has dropped 2 singles from an 11 song album within a week of each other, and then says there "may" be another single in October but other than that it doesn't look like she plans to put anything else out before the album early next year? Which would be fine for any other artist but we all know that if she doesn't release anything in October she will go completely silent for a few months..... let's just hope she adds more songs to the album in the meantime tbh

"may" is the new "soon"

ZKcaooE.png

Not sure if anyone really cares, but Mariners Apartment Complex are in two playlist of two of Sweden's biggest newspapers.

Dagens Nyheter, "This week's best new songs, week 37": https://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/har-ar-veckans-basta-latar-v-37-1/

Aftonbladet gave it a 4 out of 5. "This week's singles": https://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/a/p6eK0j/veckans-singlar-antifascism-och-pumpor

"Mariners Apartment Complex is vintage Del Rey, a slow ballad with well chosen pop references. This time, the lyrics contains references to Elton John's 'Candle in the wind' and Leonard Cohen's 'I'm your man'. As long as it sounds like Lana Del Rey is singing about being a 'Venice bitch' through a several centimeters thick fog of cigarette smoke, there's really no reason to listen to anything else."

Have you read any reviews in your countries?

we stan :defeated:

rihKQ8M.gif

Thats true..lets hope for some magazines shoots and interviews or some live sessions(please make it happen lana)

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

That’s why she said she doesn’t like to usually share songs from a project unless she knows she’s getting close to finished with it. I’d like to see more than 11 tracks on it, but if some tracks are longer like VB, I’m for it. Sometimes it can take 3-4 months to get copywriter stuff for a track or album so I’m sure she’s got the whole thing wrapping up right now or she’s fine tuning the last tracks she wants to include on it.

That October song she said may be a stand alone track because it’s a little more serious so...? Who knows

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

That’s why she said she doesn’t like to usually share songs from a project unless she knows she’s getting close to finished with it. I’d like to see more than 11 tracks on it, but if some tracks are longer like VB, I’m for it. Sometimes it can take 3-4 months to get copywriter stuff for a track or album so I’m sure she’s got the whole thing wrapping up right now or she’s fine tuning the last tracks she wants to include on it.

That October song she said may be a stand alone track because it’s a little more serious so...? Who knows

What did she mean by standalone? It won’t appear on the album?

Lana fans are so pretentious  :facepalm:  Stop pretending these new artsy-fartsy new songs are better than normal 3-4 minute songs from LFL with a classic song structure.

Lol, nobody's pretending. Venice Bitch is really one of her best ever songs and we all have a high level of taste, and that's the truth 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I'm wondering abt something, when LFL went out everyone thought it was happy Lana, but these two songs seem like, I don't wanna say "drawback" but back to something that can be associated to sadness. I hope that ppl don't get too like "yas lana mawma make me cry yas", and most importantly I hope critics don't bash her for always being the depressing music one, bc HM and LFL had a good rhythm going on and this just comes and gets a lot stripped back and melancholic

ZKcaooE.png

Really hoping Talking Like An Answering Machine is a song for the record. Where she's being moody about her lover who always sounds bored / distant when he calls.

I'm wondering abt something, when LFL went out everyone thought it was happy Lana, but these two songs seem like, I don't wanna say "drawback" but back to something that can be associated to sadness. I hope that ppl don't get too like "yas lana mawma make me cry yas", and most importantly I hope critics don't bash her for always being the depressing music one, bc HM and LFL had a good rhythm going on and this just comes and gets a lot stripped back and melancholic

I think she very much painted the image that LFL was a happy record, Love and LFL being singles, the album title, the artwork with her smiling etc. But it didn't feel genuine to me and Love and LFL are probably my least favourite songs on the album for that reason.

I do think her melodies and lyrics were more uplifting and hopeful though, like BPBP and TNC are some of my favourites. But there was still an air of sadness in the music for me...

So with this record again, it is much more hopeful than say UV or BTD... But I don't think anybody is expecting Lana to be all rainbows and smiles. It's who she is, she thinks a lot and she's a very emotive person. I'm loving the direction, sonically and lyrically.