Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Are we gonna ignore the fact that miss May Jailer overcome her dissociative identity disorder and finally is working on her pilot license, our girl could be flying fighter jets all over the nation any time soon :oprah:

Do we think shes crazy, for considering aviation?

Her twitter layout rn is so interesting. The pure, sheer glamour of BTD/Para era represented by heavy eye makeup and iconic big hair, vs the completely bare, stripped cover of MAC. There's something about the contrast

Also one of the things that make me happy about VB is that my father, a big Dire Straits lover, is gonna DIG this. He already loooooves Honeymoon and sings Video Games out of the blue from time to time. Which means I'll easily get to listen to VB in the car at midnight going to the seaside for the weekend and the thought makes me extremely happy

ZKcaooE.png

I don't come on here much anymore so i don't know what the general attitude towards this upcoming work has been like, but I'm just so incredibly blown away by Venice Bitch. It's not anything I was expecting, honestly not anything I really knew I wanted. I thought I was kind of falling out of love with Lana's music after LFL which just really did not engage me at all except in brief moments, but this just pulled me back in right by my heart strings. Wow.

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

That was the best song I've heard all year like oh my god? Jack WON?!

I was thinking i wouldnt feel the guitar solos/interludes but omg the song grows and there are vocals throughout so it doesnt feel bare and the actual guitar solo is so lowkey psychedelic and sweet and PERFECT for driving and just kind of letting things happen, wow. And the return to vocals + outro and the little clover interlude/reference, I'm SHOOK.

11/10 MAC FOUND DEAD IN A DITCH.

I was hyped af for LFL, but this exceeded it. if there are even like 3-4 songs better than Venice Bitch I will be SHOOK.

i wonder if she has a high production value video or if we're gonna get these "homemade" videos? interesting direction, it does fit the vibe of the music but like the repetition of the same shots boxers me a bit looool.

i wish i wish with all my heart, that lana releases one full blown video for this album.

and let me just say that both new songs have made me re fall in love with lana, LfL kinda made me sad cause it was overall below what i expected from lana but these songs, wowoowowow, amazing

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Link?

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/lana-del-rey/venice-bitch/

Edit: Here's the link to the chart for 2018, so you can see just how acclaimed this one's being over there. https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=single&year=2018&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

And based on the singles of "all time" on their filters, VB will fall in the 40-60 range in their top 100. 

I don’t know why we’re still complaining about numbers in this fanbase. Her numbers are very good for her genre of music. Honeymoon being just a vanity project sold over a million. LFL will soon have also over one million sales. Interscope trusts her because she has proved to them that despite the lack of support on the radio she has her trusted fanbase (well, at least some of us) and she's very successful. No, maybe this is not a huge commercial success on the charts, but she's doing very well and many artists would kill to be in her place right now. 

Im so keen for her to dive into these themes. Shes back into the relationship inspiration, yet she hasnt lost her newfound power and stance. Shes the bigger person now, and her maturity is just, contagious. I feel like im growing by just listening to MAC and VB