Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

im so excited for the background of this forum to change so it fits the theme of the era

She’s sent me to outer space with these songs so the theme suits my mood pretty well lol. xD

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

well i think lana has made it clear that she doesn’t give a single shit about radio success or mainstream success. she has a strong fanbase and that’s enough for her to pay her bills. she’s a big name in the industry anyways and she really doesn’t need a hit to sell or gain streams. just say you don’t like the song and go, there’s no need to bring people down just cause they like something you don’t.

the song is beautiful and it’s clearly what lana wants to do right now, so accept it and move on.

stream norman fucking rockwell.

exactly, like if LFL wasn't her mainstream success? the headlining festivals? the tour that grossed 45 million? the NUMBER 1 album she gained recently... how ignorant can someone be to say that interscope will drop lana. making it seem as if she's been living under a rock with her art/albums and not trying to be out there. seriously though she has all the right to turn to a more stripped back, low budget album with uniqueness to the concept.

giphy.gif

exactly, like if LFL wasn't her mainstream success? the headlining festivals? the tour that grossed 45 million? the NUMBER 1 album she gained recently... how ignorant can someone be to say that interscope will drop lana. making it seem as if she's been living under a rock with her art/albums and not trying to be out there. seriously though she has all the right to turn to a more stripped back, low budget album with uniqueness to the concept.

They probably love her, I bet they have dozens of artists who cause them nothing but problems who they have to push to create music and always have to give money or who are always asking for money and who cause all kind of controvesy and problems. Lana is pretty smart, usually drama free apart from small things and she works on new music constantly probably even on her own with her own money. Then as you said her music sells pretty well(worldwide) and she has no problem selling tickets and is always one of the top people at festivals. You couldn't possibly want a better artist to work with.

The video is cute. Way better, IMO, than the MAC one. Very vintage and trippy, like the song. 

For me, it's just that it's personally so beautiful, finding the grittiness in the strangest of places, and of course, time driving by, or like watching from the passenger's side, at freeways, when there's traffic, how people just live while they're seated going somewhere. It's like easy people watching imo 

Genuinely in love with it. For me, it's like they almost compliment each other. MAC is a bit more polished through lack of color, but VB is more on a softer feminine side. 

Idk which to choose atm if we even have to ah 

UV/Honeymoon

I haven't listened to Venice Bitch but honestly the idea of almost 10 minutos of music is... freaking me out in a good and bad way. God let it be better than Cruel World.

nothing is or can be better then Cruel World and even thinking that will just set you up for disappointment

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the structure of Venice Bitch?

Verse 1

Chorus

Post-Chorus

Verse 2

Chorus

Post-Chorus

Bridge

Chorus (Variation)

Verse 3

Chorus (ANOTHER Variation)

Verse 4

ANOTHER Bridge

Guitar Solo

Verse 4 AGAIN

Outro

ANOTHER Guitar Solo

ANOTHER Outro

She is such a fucking genius! 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Fuck the song is incredible. For sure it's a mood thing because not always will be here for 4 minutes of almost nothing but guitars, but for sure it's a classic for her career.

New closing song confirmed cuz she won't even need the band to jam to go downstairs and hug the fans. 

10 minutes long = no streaming points

no catchiness = no radio support

People wont buy this album and Interscope will drop her after this album. Mark my words. Your pretentiousness will come back to bite u in the ass.

Sign off Halsey.