Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

What isn't

You are the only one who's being super negative about it right now, so it would be nice to post your arguments instead of pretending everyone's just lying about liking the song :rip:

I don’t see anyone pretending. It really is a great song!

Lana is in her true element with music like this :)

After a couple of listens it's just okay. Drags on for so long, who wants to listen to a 10 minute song every time. Maybe it will grow on me..  :)

R5sPD4M.jpg

I just keep thinking of the title as "Norman FUCKING Rockwell" as in Norman is banging somebody named Rockwell. Sorry if i ruined it for anyone

I feel like the people loving her title are mainly her American fans. Like I never heard of him so all of the implications/ideas along with it mean nothing to me, everyone saying "omg she named it that iconic" and I can't relate  :( but guess I have plenty of time to fill myself in before it drops lol

Lana has a talent for making long songs feel like a breeze. I still can’t believe Brooklyn Baby is 6 minutes long, it doesn’t feel like it at all.

what Brooklyn Baby is six fucking minutes long? since when

When did she mention Sylvia and Bartender? Was it after January? I'm really interested in those first two tracks that she thought of as so amazing

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

oh my god brooklyn baby is six minutes long

qxM3l49.png

You are the only one who's being super negative about it right now, so it would be nice to post your arguments instead of pretending everyone's just lying about liking the song :rip:

Sorry! I barely started to reply to notifs. on 1 post i made hours ago  :ohno:  You're right though, noted.

R5sPD4M.jpg

THIS IS SO LANA. fuck the glam, fuck the trap beats, fuck the generic "pop". this is HER in the rawest form. the guitars and the pianos are flowing from her heart and mind all together and it's so cohesive and pure sounding. i can't even DESCRIBE how natural the sound is. it's not forced at all, she really just let her inner mind and soul come to life. NFR <3

The funny thing is that for every album she’s released, I’ve always thought to myself “ohh, this is so Lana!”. Born To Die and Paradise were really her in a way that the things she’d been singing about prior the debut were finally shown to the world, but when Ultraviolence came I couldn’t help but think this was the true Lana. True feelings, raw feelings, stories from her New York days and the guitars sounded as if they were made for her. And her voice was different, she sounded amazing. And then came Honeymoon and I was absolutely sure that she was gonna keep the slow rhythm from now it, it was simply her style, and it fits her so well. Lust For Life felt like a true Lana album to me too, mainly because of the lyrics which were like a peek into her diary in a way, to understand her point of view and thoughts. Especially the last three songs.

And with Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch, I can only say that this sounds like the true Lana as well. The lyrics are so sweet. What can I say? Whatever she does turns into gold and makes me believe that this is her most true side. Which is Lana is so fascinating to me. She never fails to surprise me.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I like MAC better but VB slays!!!!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Mariners Apartment Complex is STILL feeding me. I love it so much, I’m wasn’t even ready for Venice bitch and now I can’t stop listening to both. The only thing irritating is that u know damn well if someone like say, Ed sheeran had released MAC (An artist who has slower more mellow songs played on the radio all the time) it would literally go right to number one especially with that chorus.

All I wanna do is get high by the beach