Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I just keep thinking of the title as "Norman FUCKING Rockwell" as in Norman is banging somebody named Rockwell. Sorry if i ruined it for anyone

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Y'all and Lana, please forgive me. I didn't like the song during the first listen, and now I live for it. Venice Bitch really is THAT bitch. It's giving me life, OH MY GOD.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I swear I've been listening to the track for at least 10 times now and I just cannot stop smiling, it makes me so happy I cannot even believe it. It soothes my soul just as it needed to be. It makes me feel at peace with the whole world and with myself. I may be overreacting and may laugh when I re-read this post in a few days but still. She did that, after the hell of a disappointment LFL has been for me - I had completly lost interest. She's such an important artist. She has such a way to convey feeling and make them so much relatable. 

Which magazines do you think she'll cover? Personally, I would love for Marfa again, The Gentlewoman, Complex, Fader, Galore (!!!!!!!), Clash, Wonderland, Pop, Notion, Playboy... I would love more music, artsy or personal / indie based magazines than pure fashion magazines, and more laid back shoots. Although if she goes full glamour for kicks and giggles I wouldn't mind but from what I heard and saw I don't think it would fit the tone of the record

ZKcaooE.png

i am DYING this is what i have ALWAYS wanted from her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i LOVE both songs. loving this era so far.

also guys not everything has to be monumental. the artwork fits the whole vibe.

I just keep thinking of the title as "Norman FUCKING Rockwell" as in Norman is banging somebody named Rockwell. Sorry if i ruined it for anyone

Personally I just realised it looks like Elle was angry af when she wrote the name of the thread like "ugh can't believe this bitch, Norman fucking Rockwell AGAIN"

ZKcaooE.png

Is it just me or does this still not feel real ahaha?

I was underwhelmed by LFL (but still enjoy it) and then when she teased HIAB, I really thought it was all over. Yet here we are, she's more herself than she's ever been and this could be her greatest body of work arggggggggh

Sounds like the collabs with Stevie Nicks and Sean in LFL have rubbed off on her, judging by that soft folk/rock sound. I could imagine Stevie singing MAC. Ever since UV, every album released afterward has sounded like a continuation of the previous. I'm still not over LFL, but I am definitley looking forward to NFR. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

this really does feel like a dream omg. also the weather is amazing today and it really fits the whole aesthetic :rip: dead

venice bitch will be an amazing tour outro

ALSO it kinda reminded me of Madonna's Music. the mixture between acoustic guitars + synthesizers + idgaf attitude