Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I’m just so ready for Lana’s Beatle record. I’ve been waiting for this day for years and it’s finally actually happening. This makes me forget the demos from L4L, I want demos of this lmao

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I immediately thought about it when I saw "ten minutes track" but I really wouldn't be surprised if Lana said she was influenced by the Dire Straits. This whole album is so good and means a lot to me

ZKcaooE.png

I'm so in love with these songs, and all the creative decisions she's making -- I've never been so excited for an album, nonetheless one by Lana. 

I have so many thoughts right now :defeated:

Like, as much as I loved LFL, it seems like such an anticlimax compared to this. It's fun enough to listen to, but it really does feel empty compared to what she's given us here, already. I already love this for the same reasons I love AKA so damn much: it's Lana pursuing what she's passionate about, creating extremely unique, layered music. There's thought, soul, and inspiration behind it, and it shows. 

As for how strongly the era is already dividing the fans, I think it's brilliant. I haven't seen such outrage or vitriol directed at Lana for her creative choices since Born to Die, and I think it's absolutely amazing this time around, because she's consciously making provocative decisions. Like, you can't title an album Norman Fucking Rockwell without knowing it's going to give you some hell. This is the same woman, the same provocateur, that once raised eyebrows in the extreme for opening a track with the line "My pussy tastes like Pepsi-Cola". She's back.

I love that, especially with Venice Bitch, she's returning to that idea of nostalgia and classic Americana that we haven't seen in years and years, but as someone here said (apologies that I can't remember who), it's matured. She's become the most adept at writing in her own style that she's ever, ever been, successfully combining her starry-eyed view of the past and America (hence the reference to Rockwell, who painted an idealistic, wholesome America) with the reckless abandon and controversial attitude that made her famous in the first place, which leads us to the big ol' "fucking" slapped right in the middle of the name of an American icon.  It's heart without excessive sentimentality, and attitude without bitterness. 

I think these things combined (and things we have yet to see) will propel NFR to classic-level, like Born to Die or moreso -- maybe not in terms of widespread fan adoration, but in terms of being a stylish, smart, thoughtful and timeless record. 

I'm over the moon  :crying5:

o4qjp4j.png

I'm not gonna place this with her 'LDR' discography personally, i know it sounds a bit cheesy but it fits better looking at her Lizzy Grant section imho; of course her lifelong discography would be the two "lists" compiled together but I can't deny that the title, while bad sounding for a LDR record- is perfect for something we'd expect from her pre-BtD, pre-blowup, pre-pop altogether. Even the damn cover isn't her in glam with a headshot, like every other LDR record was; it's just her set to a slice of life setting that evokes emotion, much like her AKA cover

jus..idk hear me out n think about it

Sirens

Kill Kill

Lizzy Grant AKA Lana Del Ray

Norman Fucking Rockwell

---

Born to Die

Paradise

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Lust for Life

it also lowkey psyches me out seeing how complete of a story her LDR discography is, like it is a genuine study somebody could conduct and write tens of pages and essays on. The first ever opening instrumental to LDRs discog is from "Born to Die" with opulent violins and grandiose emotion; "Feet don't fail me now, take me to that finish line"

& with Get Free the first line is literally "Finally, I'm crossing the threshold from the ordinary world- to the reveal of my heart"- and ends  the semi-opulence we saw at the front of LfL and replaces it with ocean sounds- the exact opposite of the layered more modern production seen in BtD, something more down to Earth and grounded in realism and sanctity. even looking at the titles of the LDR records it tells a story, from the 3 words to the 1 and then finishing at the 3. 

While I hope to god she doesn't fade her glamorous persona for good I sincerely wouldn't be surprised if "Lana Del Rey" was over; or I'm being a casual fag and reading into things way too much and she'll go back to a LfL/Paradise sounds with more formulaic and boppier beats for LDR7 and completely shatter this theory