Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Album cover = confirmed 

5jZeqIA.jpg

Is this real? I actually kind of like it. I love the way NFR is written

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I love that Fantano jumped on that song like an hour after the release. And that he digs this song too. He's slowly becoming a stan lol

We've successfully converted Baldthony Hatetano 

I love that Fantano jumped on that song like an hour after the release. And that he digs this song too. He's slowly becoming a stan lol

Lana has always made Fantano very...passionate, lmao. I’m waiting for the day he finally admits he’s been in love with ha this whole time.

I literally needed more than a good hour to process this. What is even happening. I was so excited for this next project as I didn’t like Lust For Life at all. MAC was a good start and I was SO EXCITED for Venice Bitch. I lived for the 30 seconds snippet but now I get what you guys were saying before the song came out: such a short snippet can be very misleading. I love the chorus but there was no need to carry on for 10 minutes with that weird sounding instrumental. I’m going to listen to it with my headphones now. Maybe it’ll grow on me but as for now I just don’t like it. And it’s not because I was expecting something more upbeat. My favourite songs from her are the slowest in her collection of songs (the whole Honeymoon album lol). Not to talk about the album name.. I still have to get the reason behind it. Did she call it like that to basically mimick a man? It couldn’t get any weird lmao she’s clearly on something :defeated:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

• The song being way too long and not even trying to be catchy after the third minute
  • The horrible album title
  • The cringe-worthy song title
  • The extremely repetitive video
  • A Marina collab

Ugh could she get any worse? Is Lorde sabotaging her through that guy? Roses Bloom For You better be part of those 11 songs this is a MESS

ah yes the annual pre-release complaint from you  :makeup:

I literally needed more than a good hour to process this. What is even happening. I was so excited for this next project as I didn’t like Lust For Life at all. MAC was a good start and I was SO EXCITED for Venice Bitch. I lived for the 30 seconds snippet but now I get what you guys were saying before the song came out: such a short snippet can be very misleading. I love the chorus but there was no need to carry on for 10 minutes with that weird sounding instrumental. I’m going to listen to it with my headphones now. Maybe it’ll grow on me but as for now I just don’t like it. And it’s not because I was expecting something more upbeat. My favourite songs from her are the slowest in her collection of songs (the whole Honeymoon album lol). Not to talk about the album name.. I still have to get the reason behind it. Did she call it like that to basically mimick a man? It couldn’t get any weird lmao she’s clearly on something :defeated:

She's just artistic and experimental, a lot of artists have made 10 minute tracks. Heck some have even made 20 minute tracks. Its pretty common

THIS is the kind of authentic and tasteful Lana I was missing in LFL era..everything about it felt so un-Lana, especially compared to Honeymoon before it. The taste levels were just not there.

But these two tracks are so original and beautiful, Lizzy is in the FUCKING house

Now that I see where the sound is going I REALLY hope at least one song is New York influenced in lyrics and sound. Because this happy sad / nostalgic / melancholic vibe sounds a shit ton like May Jailer who's inherently connected to NYC in my mind and I would love Lana to nod to this

ZKcaooE.png

THIS is the kind of authentic and tasteful Lana I was missing in LFL era..everything about it felt so un-Lana, especially compared to Honeymoon before it. The taste levels were just not there.

But these two tracks are so original and beautiful, Lizzy is in the FUCKING house

Completely agreed. I can casually enjoy LFL on a surface level, but it feel so hollow compared to her previous albums. MAC and VB are already so much more satisfying than LFL as a whole, IMO.

what i really want to know is what nothony meatano would think about AKA  :hdu:  :hdu:

I could see him giving it a 5, docking points for Brite Lites and Gramma but loving the first 3 tracks and PSB

I think what Melon didn't like about Lana originally is that he thought of her as a phony industry plant and that soiled his impression of her. He just didn't connect to the themes and concepts in BTD like a lot of critics didn't and just wrote her off as a fad. Now that she's evolving and showing she has lasting influence, people are coming around

Also LFL barely had any location shots, all it had was some weird ass gas station (which i liked) but it was pretty random. I hope this era she includes a lot of artwork and location shots in the booklet, maybe taking inspiration from Norman himself?