Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

You do realise she hasn't had a radio hit in, like, five years now? Clearly she's still selling enough albums to satisfy Interscope/Polydor, otherwise they wouldn't have let her put out records like Ultraviolence, Honeymoon or, now, Norman Fucking Rockwell.

Albums are selling less and less every year. What is Lana  going to do in 5 - 10 years when the streaming takes completely over digital and physical sales ?

You do realise she hasn't had a radio hit in, like, five years now? Clearly she's still selling enough albums to satisfy Interscope/Polydor, otherwise they wouldn't have let her put out records like Ultraviolence, Honeymoon or, now, Norman Fucking Rockwell.

With all the flak you’ve received over the years, particularly after Born to Die, some people would have thrown in the towel. But you doubled down and made an even more fucked up, almost hyper-Lana record with Ultraviolence.

I so double downed. It made me question myself—I didn’t know if it was always going to be that way. You can’t put out records if 90 percent of the reviews in places like the Times are going to be negative. That would be crazy. It would have made sense to step all the way back, but I was like, Let me put out three more records and see if I can just stand in the eye of the storm. Not shift too much. Let me just take some of the production off so you can hear things a little bit better; I thought people were maybe getting distracted. I did the same thing with Honeymoon. Everyone around here heard it and was like, “It’s a cool record, but you know it’s not going to be on the radio, right?” And I was like, “Yeah. I told Jimmy Iovine when I signed, ‘If you want to sign me, this is all it’s ever going to be.’” I was just so committed to making music because I believe in what I do. All I had to do was not quit.

10 minutes long = no streaming points

no catchiness = no radio support

People wont buy this album and Interscope will drop her after this album. Mark my words. Your pretentiousness will come back to bite u in the ass.

Oh wow look at u trying to be edgy. Remember you were the one trying to say you knew info about MAC sand when you didn’t get the attention you wanted, now apparently you’re taking it out on people randomly. Leave the board if your mouth can’t utter anything beyond negative bullshit vomit

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Oh wow look at u trying to be edgy. Remember you were the one trying to say you knew info about MAC sand when you didn’t get the attention you wanted, now apparently you’re taking it out on people randomly. Leave the board if your mouth can’t utter anything beyond negative bullshit vomit

No. This forum needs people with different opinions to balance the constant brown-nosers.

With all the flak you’ve received over the years, particularly after Born to Die, some people would have thrown in the towel. But you doubled down and made an even more fucked up, almost hyper-Lana record with Ultraviolence.

I so double downed. It made me question myself—I didn’t know if it was always going to be that way. You can’t put out records if 90 percent of the reviews in places like the Times are going to be negative. That would be crazy. It would have made sense to step all the way back, but I was like, Let me put out three more records and see if I can just stand in the eye of the storm. Not shift too much. Let me just take some of the production off so you can hear things a little bit better; I thought people were maybe getting distracted. I did the same thing with Honeymoon. Everyone around here heard it and was like, “It’s a cool record, but you know it’s not going to be on the radio, right?” And I was like, “Yeah. I told Jimmy Iovine when I signed, ‘If you want to sign me, this is all it’s ever going to be.’” I was just so committed to making music because I believe in what I do. All I had to do was not quit.

ugh love her

We want success, money and fame for Lana. We need her to drop the pretentiousness and come back as stylish diva as she used to be in 2012. We need our receipts for bragging again. 

oprah-closing-book-gif-7.gif

So you just want stats for Twitter stan wars? Chile...you’re in this for the wrong reasons.

10 minutes long = no streaming points

no catchiness = no radio support

People wont buy this album and Interscope will drop her after this album. Mark my words. Your pretentiousness will come back to bite u in the ass.

ooh girl the bitterness

:wtf:

No. This forum needs people with different opinions to balance the constant brown-nosers.

But this forum doesn’t need someone calling people pretentious and whatever else you keep trying to say. Just shut the fuck up if you can’t be fucking chill.

It’s one thing to have an opinion, whether positive or negative, but it’s another when you got your feelings hurt when nobody listened to your “leaky” bullshit, so you become a vindictive asshole.

Chill the fuck out dude. It’s not that serious.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

People saying “we need 2012 Lana back!!”

It’s 2018, almost 2019 wyd???

giphy.gif

This is gonna be one of her most tender eras I can sense it :krylie:

I’m thinking the same, the lyrics have been so sweet with these two songs. It’s like she really misses someone really bad and can’t let go, she’s still so full of love. :trisha:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

pop stans hold on tight, we a prog folk forum now

We stan Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple etc on this forum now fuck Charlie XCX, Halsey and Melanie Martinez :P

I’m thinking the same, the lyrics have been so sweet with these two songs. It’s like she really misses someone really bad and can’t let go, she’s still so full of love. :trisha:

It’s almost like the UV era when she was leaving Barry

giphy.gif

We stan Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple etc on this forum now fuck Charlie XCX, Halsey and Melanie Martinez :P

yesss