Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm not gonna place this with her 'LDR' discography personally, i know it sounds a bit cheesy but it fits better looking at her Lizzy Grant section imho; of course her lifelong discography would be the two "lists" compiled together but I can't deny that the title, while bad sounding for a LDR record- is perfect for something we'd expect from her pre-BtD, pre-blowup, pre-pop altogether. Even the damn cover isn't her in glam with a headshot, like every other LDR record was; it's just her set to a slice of life setting that evokes emotion, much like her AKA cover

jus..idk hear me out n think about it

While I hope to god she doesn't fade her glamorous persona for good I sincerely wouldn't be surprised if "Lana Del Rey" was over; or I'm being a casual fag and reading into things way too much and she'll go back to a LfL/Paradise sounds with more formulaic and boppier beats for LDR7 and completely shatter this theory

GIRL i love this theory so fucking much i'm gonna shed real tears

Norman Fucking Rockwell era already making me feel like the drunk girl @ the party telling everyone she loves them.... i have so many feelings rn and they're all positive

o4qjp4j.png

Wow. Venice Bitch has really grown on me after listening to it with good headphones and high volume. But I’m still confused about the album title. Who is Norman? I didn’t catch it during the interview. Is he a man she dated?

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

GIRL i love this theory so fucking much i'm gonna shed real tears

Norman Fucking Rockwell era already making me feel like the drunk girl @ the party telling everyone she loves them.... i have so many feelings rn and they're all positive

1/2 of me hopes I'm onto something cause it's a genuinely crazy n beautiful thing but fuck the other part of me

i just want more autotuned loons and whale noises it's been 6 fucking years Venice Bitch is easily top10 in her entire discography and i love it but FUCK me i want some more LOONS lana  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Wow. Venice Bitch has really grown on me after listening to it with good headphones and high volume. But I’m still confused about the album title. Who is Norman? I didn’t catch it during the interview. Is he a man she dated?

Iirc he's a painter, one that painted Americana things n showed them in layered lights

the song itself is about a musician whose narcissistic in nature & is full of himself

i could be wrong on the first half but i'm more than right on the second

THIS IS SO LANA. fuck the glam, fuck the trap beats, fuck the generic "pop". this is HER in the rawest form. the guitars and the pianos are flowing from her heart and mind all together and it's so cohesive and pure sounding. i can't even DESCRIBE how natural the sound is. it's not forced at all, she really just let her inner mind and soul come to life. NFR <3

giphy.gif

1/2 of me hopes I'm onto something cause it's a genuinely crazy n beautiful thing but fuck the other part of me

i just want more autotuned loons and whale noises it's been 6 fucking years Venice Bitch is easily top10 in her entire discography and i love it but FUCK me i want some more LOONS lana  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

i already buried the loons they're dead to me :defeated: like it feels like she's been stalled out but now she's taking a big, definitive step, and i don't think it's one she's gonna retreat from tbh 

i said it (-;

ofc you did! icon!!!!!!!!

o4qjp4j.png

norman rockwell was famous for his paintings of americana during wrtime. his work was often used as somewhat propaganda to encourage traditional american lifestyles

yeah some of his art presents this super-wholesome image of America and kind of helped shape that image we have today of the 40s and 50s being such clean-cut, warm years

i'm a huge fan but that's also why it's so funny and bold of lana to slap "fucking" right in the middle of his name :defeated:

o4qjp4j.png

yeah some of his art presents this super-wholesome image of America and kind of helped shape that image we have today of the 40s and 50s being such clean-cut, warm years

i'm a huge fan but that's also why it's so funny and bold of lana to slap "fucking" right in the middle of his name :defeated:

this is the face she makes when saying the title out loud  :crazy:

okay i'm finally home from work and i'm now listening to venice bitch

all i can say so far is i have been transported to another fucking atmosphere 

holy shit

ultraviolence is shaking....