Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Pelly neatly outlines the sound of “Spotify-core,” a term coined by New York Times critics — minimal, emotive music sometimes marked by vocal samples and drops on the chorus, a new kind of easy listening built from the template established by Lana Del Rey. An unnamed producer tells her, “When we think of pioneers of a sound, there’s almost no one else I can think of more than Lana Del Rey… Her singing style and that bleakness, and the hip-hop influenced production, paved the way for all of this.”

https://www.stereogum.com/2026972/the-2019-state-of-pop-address/franchises/the-week-in-pop/

It's great to see Lana finally get the respect she deserves although the unnamed producer is probably Rick 

gTYUTgp.jpg

can u COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE

stupid bitch can you

Oh no if it's premiering on BBC R1 again we're going to have to sit through tragic British rap before it starts  :derpna2:

As a Brit, I would like to sincerely apologise to all of you in advance.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Sis... as if we don't know it's gonna be a random picture of a random randomness :rip:

It won't surpass the LFL cover ugliness. :P

Anyway, Alexa play Fuck%20My%20Way%20(Fucked%20My%20Way%20Up%20To%20The%20Top%20-%20Early%20De20[snippet].mp3

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I don’t get all the drama around the long-ass title. Sure, it’s hard to remember but honestly, if the song’s good, who cares? What’s important is that we get a new song on Jan. 9, whether it’s Sylvia renamed or In Your Car’s real title or something else entirely. It’s all that matters to me.

From what we’ve heard though it’s messy af. I honestly don’t get the hype for this song

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Late answer but i dont think this album is about being a sadgirl like Born To Die or a fake ass happy bitch like Lust For Life

She literally says "you took my sadness out of context - i aint no candle in the wind", meaning that she isnt simply a binary code

Well at least for me

Late answer but i dont think this album is about being a sadgirl like Born To Die or a fake ass happy bitch like Lust For Life

She literally says "you took my sadness out of context - i aint no candle in the wind", meaning that she isnt simply a binary code

Well at least for me

Confirmed: Mariner's Apartment Complex was scrapped from the album  :w8ing:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains