Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Everything after Tropico is considered "lazy" tho  :flutter:

She TRIED with Lust for Life, and UV had excellent music videos tho  :crossed:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Imagine if Lana saw some of y'all calling her lazy when she has been dropping albums since 2012 non stop  :biblio: the good sis would snap

This so hard. Even her haters know she's very prolific compared to, like, many artists and bands. 

It's kind of sad that she gets that kinda beef. 

tenor.gif

But we've been paitent for almost 5 months now with little to no news about the album she announced; leaving us all on edge and anticipated. No other fandoms really experience this cus they usually announce an album when they plan on releasing it in 2/3 months - while also giving lots of info in that time... im sure if lana announced the album now and decided to release it late march (as she should've) we'd all be pretty chilled and patient up until that point

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

She TRIED with Lust for Life, and UV had excellent music videos tho  :crossed:

No I meant the fandom has been saying she's been lazy since 2013  :toofunny:

UV: oh my goodness she pushed back the album date, we're not getting the live on David Letterman performance, and she's cancelling interviews what a lazy bitch

Honeymoon: oh my goodness these music videos make no sense, they're so lazy ugh she's just reusing old footage and she keeps rhyming blue with everything

Lust For Life: oh my goodness this era is so boring the music isn't even good I miss honeymoon and these videos suck, I can't believe she reused BAR footage

tbh though she is ACTUALLY lazy this era, I'll give everyone that :awkney2:

honestly all of you are getting annoyingly self righteous about when and where and how she should promote her own music like stfu she has a life

Oh, she has another job? I thought she was a musical artist! My bad!  :hooker:  No but tbh you guys can't expect us to be like "omfg she released a selfie this is so unique and iconic" or "wow 4 minutes of footage of her next to a highway with a butterfly on her hand, very cool!" 

But we've been paitent for almost 5 months now with little to no news about the album she announced; leaving us all on edge and anticipated. No other fandoms really experience this cus they usually announce an album when they plan on releasing it in 2/3 months - while also giving lots of info in that time... im sure if lana announced the album now and decided to release it late march (as she should've) we'd all be pretty chilled and patient up until that point

Preach my sister, preach! 

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I think her biggest mistake was "annoucing" the album during that interview. If she hadn't said the name of the album and had been more careful with all the snippets she released, perhaps the situation would be more berable. 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Oh, she has another job? I thought she was a musical artist! My bad!  :hooker:  No but tbh you guys can't expect us to be like "omfg she released a selfie this is so unique and iconic" or "wow 4 minutes of footage of her next to a highway with a butterfly on her hand, very cool!" 

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't like this situation at all. I called this era boring tons of times but maybe all the release situation is out of her hands? She said the album was ready and mastered but maybe she presented the album to the label and they still haven't approved the project? As for the visuals yeah I don't like Chuck's work but I still think she is skeptical about working with other directors after the Cherry situation. Anyways I don't know but the whole thing is starting to feel weird.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't like this situation at all. I called this era boring tons of times but maybe all the release situation is out of her hands? She said the album was ready and mastered but maybe she presented the album to the label and they still haven't approved the project? As for the visuals yeah I don't like Chuck's work but I still think she is skeptical about working with other directors after the Cherry situation. Anyways I don't know but the whole thing is starting to feel weird.

Honestly I just wish she hadn't announced anything, didn't release snippets, and just waited till she had all the singles in mind, all the videos done, etc. Right now it just feels like poop tbh. Like she just poops out an idea and she's like "here you go guys" and everyone's like "mmmm yummy, fill my tummy thanks Lana!" I just want something cohesive, well thought out, and I want her to at least be SEMI passionate about the era. Like girl even if you lie and say "I'm excited" it'll make me happy  :toofunny:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I’m scared to post in this thread after everyone being so vocal on how they want me banned :krylie: BUT

i agree with @peroxide. I hope we get no more snippets and just information about the album! It’s more enjoyable to hear a song in full than have 20 different snippets.

Lana bought a chicken farm and renamed the record Norman Clucking Rockwell

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Remember when she said she couldn't release the album in 2018 because she wanted to release her poetry book before it?

Well its January 21st 2019 and still no poetry book.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

...are you talking to me or with me???

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

I’m scared to post in this thread after everyone being so vocal on how they want me banned :krylie: BUT

i agree with @peroxide. I hope we get no more snippets and just information about the album! It’s more enjoyable to hear a song in full than have 20 different snippets.

Why someone would want you banned is beyond me

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You