Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i truly don't understand why anyone would mention May Jailer in relation to Venice Bitch, or even remotely compare the two. Sirens was stripped down, acoustic, almost lo-fi music that owed almost exclusively to folk. Venice Bitch is a drone-y, multilayered & full of distortion effects song that owes to psychedelia, shoegaze, dream pop. they are NOTHING alike. to say VB is a regression to May Jailer era is honestly laughable.

A prime example of making VB out to be more than it is lol, noah fence.

i truly don't understand why anyone would mention May Jailer in relation to Venice Bitch, or even remotely compare the two. Sirens was stripped down, acoustic, almost lo-fi music that owed almost exclusively to folk. Venice Bitch is a drone-y, multilayered & full of distortion effects song that owes to psychedelia, shoegaze, dream pop. they are NOTHING alike. to say VB is a regression to May Jailer era is honestly laughable.

Venice Bitch is trash and without its garbage outro would go straight on May Jailer without a second thought. What a borefest

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

You're being sarcastic right??? I just woke up my brain is all fuzzy so I honestly can't tell lmao

It has dull easy lyrics, a soft rock production. Easy and numbing, it's a lot harder for the masses to hear lyrics like "He hit me and it felt like a kiss."

Okay I'm gonna repost my comment everytime I see someone say Venice Bitch hate or Venice Bitch slander cause it doesn't seem to register that were just saying stop saying it's her best song and putting down other work of hers, so let's begin

Funny for you to say that when you're always preaching about how people are different and have different opinions and different tastes and stuff. If someone feels like the Venice Bitch solo watered their crops and cured their depression just let them be, why is it bothering you so much? 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

is it the time of the day where peroxidevonn gets triggered for absolutely no reason whatsoever and writes a whole thesis

Hello, and welcome to my master class.

Today I'll be teaching you why you're a fucking idiot through biblical length paragraphs

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

It has dull easy lyrics, a soft rock production. Easy and numbing, it's a lot harder for the masses to hear lyrics like "He hit me and it felt like a kiss."

Fresh out of fucks is one of her most pandering lyrics to the point that she even made a shirt out of it

Her meme-esque train of thought is so cheesy this era lmao

Critics absolutely detested BTD, UV and HM so what's your point

Lol. UV has a 74 on metacritic, Honeymoon - 78.

UV was on more year-end critic lists than most albums that year.

Born to Die has received retrospective acclaim and is typically listed as one of the best albums of the decade.

And saying VB is easily digestable and GP-friendly is delusional af

Funny for you to say that when you're always preaching about how people are different and have different opinions and different tastes and stuff. If someone feels like the Venice Bitch solo watered their crops and cured their depression just let them be, why is it bothering you that much?

Because they can't just do that, they've got to put down all of Lana's other songs, especially when it comes to LFL. It's been happening the past couple pages mama. So as long as our sisters keep preaching that LFL is the worst and that it smacked their kid in the face, Imma do the same :troll:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Lol. UV has a 74 on metacritic, Honeymoon - 78.

UV was on more year-end critic lists than most albums that year.

Born to Die has received retrospective acclaim and is typically listed as one of the best albums of the decade.

And saying VB is easily digestable and GP-friendly is delusional af

Lana even addressed the hate BTD got at the time of its release in her Pitchfork interview during the LFL era. She literally admitted that she stripped down her music due to the criticism regarding BTD's production. Were u even a fan back then

@@UltraviolentJack @@Valerie personal opinion aside - you're 100% entitled to totally hate VB, who cares - the reasons you're using to explain/justify why you don't are just factually wrong, lol. VB wouldn't fit into Sirens any more than idk, Party Girl would fit on UV. just say you don't like long songs and/or psychedelia and go, lol.

Venice Bitch is a drone-y, multilayered & full of distortion song that owes to psychedelia, shoegaze, dream pop.

Proved our point. I'll never forget how this forum voted for a 10 minutes long anticlimactic piece of shit as the best song ever released by Lana.

Venice Bitch is trash and without its garbage outro would go straight on May Jailer without a second thought. What a borefest

72zx.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Okay but who here is ready to admit that Cherry is overrated + mediocre

I have to laugh when people say it’s one of her top songs

Cherry is nice but would've been better if the production didn't feel like a BTD rehash & like she rushes through the song

Plus the excessive swearing (that she seems to like doing ever since LFL and now for NFR era) is just dire

lmao the 3 people here with the sudden out of nowhere venice bitch hate  :toofunny: good sis is comfortably one of if not the most acclaimed song by critics and fans alike anyway chhh i bet y'all stan Ugly Mustank or artists like malaria martinez or belly acheish or slayter or sumn

anyhows can we go back to the Ben slander i was njoying that